HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» forum back open for posting
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:24 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino

madmax 1

REDRHINO64

ASPENDELLROVER

T.Rhino

123.bert0621

Firefighter

rhino727

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

flimmy

Most Viewed Topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
Hello hot rod forum
NEW 2014 SxS PHOTOS....................
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
NEW FORUM!
What do you do for a living ?
Sand Reeper
Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Show Your House/Compound
Looking for a better holeshot
Top posting users this week
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:30 am

I havent touched anything but the main and pilot jet and the a/f screw. Its close now I just need to get a few areas cleaned up alittle. From what I was told thats the only three things I needed to mess with. And im not to carb savy..

UnderDawg

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 am

if pull the top of the carb off and move the c-clip up one notch on the needle it should lean it out just a tad.

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:12 am

Bumpers wrote:
I will get some once i get the tune better... right now it goes rich when i nail it (like enough to smoke alittle) then goes back in the 12ish range.. i need to lean it out a hair..

does the idle air screw richen it up the more turns out?
Bumpers, If your talking about a/f screw on the bottom of the carb it will richen it up as it's turned out. I 've just went through tuning my carb and it was a learn experience for me. Best advice I was told is dial in the main and work down to idle being the last adjustment. That's also what seem to work the best on my bike. I also was using James's a/f meter for the tuning. Like a Star @ heaven

06/450;JBS HR Sheave/12gr;Blue Spring;K&N Air/04 Style;HF Fuel Pump;Axia Tip;Dyna CDI;27X14 Mudlite/ITP/SS;2" All Four Corners;3" Xtreme Lift;Seizmik Versa Shield;Custom 2 Seat Cage;Digital Dash;Yamaha 2" Fender Flares/3 Spoke Wheelin Wheel;CRB Diff Support;EMP Rear Step Bumper;Warn Winch;Ryde-On Blanket;BR Graphics;
08/700 SE;Stocker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:20 am

I will look into this .. I havent had time yet but im goin to read over some threads and see what I can come up with

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:37 am

I read articles that said start with the idle and work up, read one that said first thing start with the needle jet. I finally went back and started all over with the main and worked down and thing fell into place. I spent a good day where I felt I wasn't making any headway, that's when I said chit and started all over with the main. Good luck, it was a great learn experience for me and I now feel comfortable with it. One thing about a carb, you can't really mess it up, you can always go back to step one and start over.

06/450;JBS HR Sheave/12gr;Blue Spring;K&N Air/04 Style;HF Fuel Pump;Axia Tip;Dyna CDI;27X14 Mudlite/ITP/SS;2" All Four Corners;3" Xtreme Lift;Seizmik Versa Shield;Custom 2 Seat Cage;Digital Dash;Yamaha 2" Fender Flares/3 Spoke Wheelin Wheel;CRB Diff Support;EMP Rear Step Bumper;Warn Winch;Ryde-On Blanket;BR Graphics;
08/700 SE;Stocker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:45 am

Yea I know what you mean on the main jet. Having that dialed in is key.. thats where you dont want to be lean or have issues. Ive got it pretty close I may step down to the next size and it should be spot on then I will fiddle with the idle and part throttle stuff and see if I can get it more stable. Right now at some points it dumps enough fuel where you can see a good puff of smoke but as soon as you get in the gas it leans up some and runs good. When I see the puffs of smoke the wideband is reading low 11s into the 10s. Its hard to see really but I know its goin way rich and I know at part throttle its gunna jump all over the place . But the little blips of the throttle is where it seems to richen up a lot

Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Think I found my tuning issue .. I had some trash in my gas tank and there was some stuck in the pickup tube. Got it out and hopfully I got all the rest out of the tank I couldnt see anymore with the limited amount of veiw. I will see tomorrow if thats the problem.

The afr was different just about every time I made a pass due to not picking up enough fuel I suppose.. you can only make so many wot passes by a church on a wendsday night so I will continue more tomorrow

Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:58 pm

all buttoned back up and ready to ride alittle still needs alittle tuning i think but i will get it down eventually... it just goes rich at part throttle blips.. like in the 10s and smoke rich but wot is 12.6-13 so we are good there and most of the driving stays in the 13s.. right now im running a 152.5 mikuni main and 50 pilot with 1.5 turns out on the a/f screw.

new special edition shifter and guage pod i made and sticker bombed

flimmys got me another light bar coming for the bumper then we should be set. its suppost to be here tomorrow

[IMG]

[URL=http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif]

also fresh painted the cage and plastics so hopefully with just alittle more tuning we will be good to go for the summer

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:32 pm

That thing looks awesome Bumpers!

2006 660 Special Edition
NGK Iridium Plug
JBS Sheave, 14 ods, Orange Spring, Anti-friction Washers
Weller Racing High Volume Fuel Pump Kit
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I've got a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?" - Clint Smith
Back to top Go down
View user profile
REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:52 pm

X-2 awesome looking ride brotha!!..love the long travel!!

2007 rhino,720cc,Falicon super crank,JE 10:75:1 piston,stage 1 raptor cam,Bored Fcr 43mm carb,unifilter,muzzys,Jbs sheave and 14 gram Ods,orange spring,anti friction washers,slugged clutch,Jbs roof,Jbs radiator shields,jbs sticker=10hp,full windshield,siesmik doors,Se shocks,Summit heater,5000lb winch,Power steering,tach and guages,2 way radio,mp3 to 400 watt amp,4 polk speakers,4 Hid lights,alternator,and the list goes on!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Super nice Garrett. You're going to have fun this summer. Hell it all ready looks like summer there to me. Enjoy!!!! Let-Em Buck!!!!Like a Star @ heaven

08/700 SE;Stocker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chuddly

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:45 am

looking nice....now get out and run the thing.

Mods done - rear seat out of a Jeep CJ7
Painted flat dark earth with black graphics
HID conversion
Trail Bright 10" LED bar (Thanks Flimmy!)
Quick detach snow plow
extended roll cage
4 point harnesses
Hunterworks CDI
700 belt
JBS sheave
14g weights
Purple spring
Angled steering wheel for better ergonomics
1" square steel tube doors with 1/8" aluminum skin.

Mods in progress -

Future Mods - Build complete enclosed cab, design and install heater and center console, more lights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:45 am

Thanks guys. Shes goin ou for her maiden voyage this weekend. Im ready to see how it does I havent got to ride it in foever

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:54 pm

really looks sweet lets us know how she does

07 camo 660, hmf pipe, k&n filter, dynatec cdi, jet kit, montana jack f&r winch mount w/warn xt40, 27" mudlites, hids, leds, 2" lift cab w/ heat, j strong half doors for summer, aux red top optima for accessories, roof rack , 5 bad ass jrt's on board, itp ss212's, jbs sheeve,14gr wts., orange spring,40" led litebar, autometer guages, equus tach, innovate afm
Jensen ms30, jbl 6.5's, elka stage 1 shocks, kenwood 2way radio
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:31 am

New engine is great.. once I get the jetting dialed in it will be sweet. I cant wait to see how it runs once the fuel is dialed in.. it has way more power than it ever did before even running wayyy rich.. oh and I broke the driverside inner rear cv within 20 minutes of unloading lol

Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:31 pm

she aint scared to get dirty... see if you can guess wich side the cv was snapped on:afro:

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Drivers side lol Looks good!

2006 660 Special Edition
NGK Iridium Plug
JBS Sheave, 14 ods, Orange Spring, Anti-friction Washers
Weller Racing High Volume Fuel Pump Kit
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I've got a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?" - Clint Smith
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Dude, It looks like you were having way to much fun!!! Are you breaking that new build in right???? Twisted Evil

08/700 SE;Stocker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:07 pm

I cant wait to get the fuel dialed in and ride it...... its alot stouter than it was before.

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:51 am

Looks like you for the light installed.

06 JBS built 686 , Benachmark ported head , Falicon rod Trail Bright led's , JBS sheave , Alba pipe and fuel pump , custom cage , HID head lights , 26" GBC Dirt Tamers on SS212 wheels , Superwinch Terra 45 w/ Synthetic Rope , Dynatek CDI

Owner of

www.trailbrightled.com

Moto Alliance dealer

Pro Armor dealer

Rocky Mountain ATV dealer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.trailbrightled.com
flimmy

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:52 am

How wide is your rhino ? If love to have a long arm kit but i think it would be too wide for the trails i ride

06 JBS built 686 , Benachmark ported head , Falicon rod Trail Bright led's , JBS sheave , Alba pipe and fuel pump , custom cage , HID head lights , 26" GBC Dirt Tamers on SS212 wheels , Superwinch Terra 45 w/ Synthetic Rope , Dynatek CDI

Owner of

www.trailbrightled.com

Moto Alliance dealer

Pro Armor dealer

Rocky Mountain ATV dealer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.trailbrightled.com
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:17 am

looks like fun!!

If you need any help or have any questions give me a call 304-673-2602 or 304-877-3419
James Davis, 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880
jamesbodyshop@hotmail.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/WVHotRodRhino
http://www.facebook.com/jamesnnikki.davis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:53 pm

flimmy wrote:
How wide is your rhino ? If love to have a long arm kit but i think it would be too wide for the trails i ride

Its just pronly 3-4" shy of 6ft wide like it sits. thats a 6ft wide trailer that its on. Yea i got the light thanks

EddieMc

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:42 pm

haha love your rhino man very badass combo of black and white

2008 yamaha rhino 4 seater-racerz edge +2 full race port and polish head *alba racing 734 big bore with 11:1 piston*wellerracing crank (stock stroke) pinned and welded*dragon fire racing custom bored throttle body*power commander V (auto tune) *Dynatek ignition box*Muzzy's full dual exhaust*Autometer oil temp gauge *Autometer water temp gauge*Autometer Air to Fuel Ratio gauge Just put new crank, rod, piston, and all bearing and seals purple spring jbs sheave with 14g ods +6 lonestar long travel with bilstein shocks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EddieMc

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Bumpers wrote:
she aint scared to get dirty... see if you can guess wich side the cv was snapped on:afro:

haha awesome pics we need more mud in vegas lol, now if it would just rain lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread   

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM :: Members :: Members Rides-
Jump to: