HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
My Stereo Install Vote_lcapMy Stereo Install Voting_barMy Stereo Install Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
My Stereo Install Vote_lcapMy Stereo Install Voting_barMy Stereo Install Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
09 700 not charging when running
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

My Stereo Install

Go down 
+7
foyota86
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
Workhorserhino
T.Rhino
rhino727
banchee6
lost|concept
11 posters
AuthorMessage
lost|concept

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:10 pm

Well after spending some time trying to figure out what I wanted to do for a stereo I made a decision and ordered some parts. I wanted something that would mount in dash, and I really wanted to try to do something that I hadn't seen done yet. I did some digging and found the new Jensen MS30. It has 4 - 40 watt channel outputs, stores 6 presets, can make audio adjustments, has a USB hookup, and an auxiliary port. The options of the radio put together with the fact that it is 3 inches round, flush mounts, and completely sealed sold me on it. With the radio you can also add an optional sealed USB/Aux port that has a cover to seal it.

Knowing that I wanted to put some gauges in and also some rockers in the center I wasn't quite sure where I was going to mount it. I tried a few different spots (roof, glove box, etc.) and finally settled for installing it in between the steering wheel and the headlight switch. All of the connections that I made for the speakers wires, power wires, and the USB/Aux are all double shrink tubed. I highly recommend shrink tubing anything you splice and I strongly suggest buying a heat gun to make them shrink. While a torch or lighter will work a heat gun does a much nicer/safer job. I forgot to take pics as I installed, but I will get some more when I open everything back up to install my rockers/gauges. I did not have all my parts to do my rockers so I just have the radio on a 12 volt light plug in for now, but eventually I will have it on a rocker running through a Painless fuse block.

For speakers I just bought some of the middle of the road Sony Marine speakers. They had white grates so I scuffed the grates and painted them black. I then built wooden boxes and rhino lined them. I have a factory roof so I set the boxes up in the extra height of the roof and then used 1.25 inch conduit clamps to mount them to the roll bars. Before I installed the clamps I rhino lines them as well and then put a rubber buffer on them on the side that would pull against the roll cage because I did not want them scuffing the cage at all. I also put the sealed USB/Aux plug in the glove box so that I can throw my phone, USB chip, etc. in there without having to worry as much about water getting to it. I am attaching some pictures. Let me know what you all think and let me know if you have any questions. Hope you all enjoy.

Joe

P.S. Sorry for the semi-poor picture quality I have an awesome stupid phone.
My Stereo Install 2013-011

My Stereo Install 2013-012

My Stereo Install 2013-013

My Stereo Install 2013-014

My Stereo Install 2013-015

My Stereo Install 2013-016

My Stereo Install 2013-017
Back to top Go down
lost|concept

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Oh yeah speaker wires are run though the roll cage and there are grommets sealing them tight going into and coming out of the cage.
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Looks good and clean job.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:34 pm

I like your set-up , clean an neat never seen that radio I really like how small it is cheers
Back to top Go down
lost|concept

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:41 pm

rhino727 wrote:
I like your set-up , clean an neat never seen that radio I really like how small it is cheers

Thanks a lot. The MS30 is actually new this year. Jensen has made a heavy duty waterproof radio for awhile now the JHD910. We run them in most of our equipment (skid loaders, dozers without cabs, tractors without cabs, etc.) at work. We haven't had any fail and they have a weatherband in them, but the downfall is they are only 2 channel 15 watt outputs. I was pricing out the JHD910s and ran into the MS30 and realized it was perfect.

I also forgot to add that I found the radio on hodges marine for just over $100.00 and the sealed USB Aux port was $20. Add the speakers, materials for the boxes, and the hardware and I only have about $220 into it. After looking into different speaker options it was the cheapest route and still sounds great.
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:43 pm

Nice looking work and great idea.
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:52 pm

Very nice looking install. That radio is fits great there.
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:20 am

That's awesome!!! That's what I have in my kenwood head unit and I like the yours came out better! That's way better to have the usb/aux in the glovebox to keep everything out of the elements. Great work!!!
http://www.amazon.com/JENSEN-MS30-Compact-Waterproof-Stereo/dp/B008ALQPT6
Back to top Go down
lost|concept

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:43 am

Back to top Go down
lost|concept

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:44 am

The one thing I haven't dug into yet is that it wont play an Iphone through the USB. Haven't tried my IPOD yet, but if the Iphone won't I don't see why an Ipod would.
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:53 am

Man that is very nice. I am working on some tunes now, you really thought the install out, good work. I was looking over the manual of the head unit and was curious about the iphone. I have an old amp and plenty of wiring, just deciding on speakers. I will probably do some brand of wake board style and mount to cage. I can't wait, jams will put the icing on the ole rhino! Well, besides the holy sheave...
Back to top Go down
honda450sfm

honda450sfm

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Very cool.
Back to top Go down
lost|concept

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:19 am

I actually emailed Jensen a few days ago to ask about USB interface. This was the response I got back.

Hello Joe,

Thank you for contacting ASA Electronics. The USB is designed for mp3
and WMA files only. Flash Drive devices will only operate on this
feature.
You have the option to connect through the two yellow Aux inputs for
Audio playblack, (iPods/iPhones).
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:40 pm

that's real cool I just might try that in my rhino love the size and features of it thanks for the write up
Back to top Go down
meats

meats

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:24 am

did you run an antenna for the radio. i have a stereo for mine but cant get the fm channels to work. im wondering if i have to ground the antenna for it to work, any imput would be great.
Back to top Go down
txgrown1404

txgrown1404

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

only down fall to that stereo is that the usb port will not work for iphones or ipods.  you have to use the headphone jack to get them to work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Stereo Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Stereo Install   My Stereo Install Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Stereo Install
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM :: Technical :: Lighting, Stereo, and Electrical-
Jump to: