HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
radiator - radiator relocate  Vote_lcapradiator - radiator relocate  Voting_barradiator - radiator relocate  Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
radiator - radiator relocate  Vote_lcapradiator - radiator relocate  Voting_barradiator - radiator relocate  Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

radiator relocate

Go down 
+7
rhino727
Tech Man
WV Hot Rod Rhino
banchee6
T.Rhino
ChrisH
corylmack
11 posters
AuthorMessage
corylmack

corylmack

radiator - radiator relocate  Empty
PostSubject: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:01 am

i ride a lot of deep mud and was always running hot. so i decided to move my radiator but didn't want to put it on the back of the roll cage, this is what i came up with. been like this for over a year and no problems yet.

radiator - radiator relocate  Img_0110

radiator - radiator relocate  Img_0111

radiator - radiator relocate  Img_0112

radiator - radiator relocate  Img_0011
radiator - radiator relocate  Img_0615
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 2:14 am

I like it. I'm a fan!
So, you left the oil cooler in the stock location, and relocated the radiator to the upper frame rail? And it still cools fine during normal trail riding under the hood without being in the direct flow of the wind?
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:54 am

That is a pretty cool idea.
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:44 am

How will it do without direct air flow??
Back to top Go down
corylmack

corylmack

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:36 pm

thanks guys, it still gets a good bit of airflow from the grill in the hood kind of like a ram air scoop.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:45 pm

looks good!!!
Back to top Go down
Tech Man

Tech Man

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 2:06 pm

I love it! Even if you get mud, dirt or sand in the core it's way easier to clean. How did you extend the hoses but still keep them from kinking when it in the down position?
It's what I want to do as well. With my rear seat and cage I don't want kids getting anoid from the fan running by their ears. If you could post some close detail pics of the mounts and hoses that would be great.
Back to top Go down
corylmack

corylmack

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:23 pm

thanks Tech Man. it does make it way easier to clean. as far as the hoses go i just replaced them with longer ones, there is plenty of room for them to tuck down without kinking. i will get some better pics of the mounts and hoses for you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Tech Man

Tech Man

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:30 pm

You haven't got an oil temp gauge by chance? I wonder what the diff would be between having a fan there or not to help with the oil cooler.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:53 am

looks good I like it,  we ride a lot of mudd also this looks like it could help with the getting dirty
Back to top Go down
corylmack

corylmack

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:59 am

i don't have a oil temp gauge. but i do have a second fan on the oil cooler, i will get pics of that also.
Back to top Go down
Tech Man

Tech Man

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:02 am

That would be great! And any info on it to please.
Back to top Go down
corylmack

corylmack

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:12 am

the second fan i got at work off of a wrecked volkswagen passat.
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:24 am

I would also like to see the picks on that and I have a question to add if the radiator was mounted in the fix postion like I have seen some others against the top frame rails how hard would it be to fill or is there something I'm not seeing that's makes it more accessible.
Back to top Go down
Guenther

Guenther

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:06 pm

This is very similar to a mod that I am aiming to do.  I do not like the idea of the radiator behind the headrest.  I don't care about me but If a line was to blow and hit my wife in the face, eye, neck whatever with 200 degree fluid I couldn't live with myself.  I am debating on whether to move the radiator or the oil cooler to under the hood, add a fan and a hood scoop to help with airflow. I would be interested to see any photos you have etc.
Back to top Go down
corylmack

corylmack

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:48 pm

Teddy i have wing nuts that i can take loose and tilt it up for cleaning and  filling it. here is a pic.  

radiator - radiator relocate  Img_0617
Back to top Go down
corylmack

corylmack

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Tech Man, here are a few pics of mounts, hoses, and fan.

radiator - radiator relocate  Img_0618

radiator - radiator relocate  Img_0619

radiator - radiator relocate  Img_0620

radiator - radiator relocate  Img_0621
Back to top Go down
corylmack

corylmack

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:08 pm

here are a few more.

radiator - radiator relocate  Img_0622

radiator - radiator relocate  Img_0623

radiator - radiator relocate  Img_0624

radiator - radiator relocate  Img_0625
Back to top Go down
Tech Man

Tech Man

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:30 am

Perfect! Thanks Cory. Is the oil cooler fan on a separate switch or did you wire it to the rad fan relay so they come on at the same time?
Back to top Go down
corylmack

corylmack

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 3:22 pm

your welcome. the oil cooler fan is on a separate switch.
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Looks good!! I have a summit oil cooler im thinking about mounting under the drivers seat that has a fan and temp sensor on it,cant do what you did because my heater is in the way,but this oil cooler should lower my temps along with running the heater fan and blowing the heat outside.nice job!!!
Back to top Go down
honda450sfm

honda450sfm

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:20 am

Very nice rad relocate!
I wanted to do the same with my 660. Mount it on a hinge exactly like you. However, I also wanted to relocate the oil cooler as well and found that I didn't have enough room under the hood. I ended up putting it sideways higher up on the rails. I  left enough slack in all the hoses to fill rad. Had to use a unisleeve to prevent one hose from kinking.
The fan runs a bit more but it's a small price to pay for not having a plugged rad after a ride.
I was also thinking about a cowl induction scoop of sorts. Might just to allow more air flow. Hard to find a camo scoop though! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Bender.chris5908

Bender.chris5908

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 7:50 pm

good job!
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:41 pm

hope you don't get mad, but I am stealing your design....great job..  I think I am going to mount the oil cooler right below the fan so it kinda blows air on it....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: radiator relocate    radiator - radiator relocate  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

radiator relocate
Page 1 of 1