HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
are bighorns true to size? Vote_lcapare bighorns true to size? Voting_barare bighorns true to size? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
are bighorns true to size? Vote_lcapare bighorns true to size? Voting_barare bighorns true to size? Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

are bighorns true to size?

Go down 
+2
ASPENDELLROVER
mike734
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mike734

mike734

are bighorns true to size? Empty
PostSubject: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 6:14 pm

are the original maxxis bighorns true to size? thinking about 27x9 all the way around.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 6:43 pm

almost an inch taller
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 6:54 pm

As JP posted, they are about 1" bigger when new. My speedo was off with stock tires, put on the 26" OG BHs and it was exact with my GPS. Rim width does factor into the equation though.
Back to top Go down
mike734

mike734

PostSubject: Re: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 11:24 pm

thanks now I need to figure out what I want. I really want 30" mudlites but im afraid of the power loss. going from 1 extreme to another 30" mudlites or 27" bighorns. unless I find something else.....lol
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:33 pm

Bighorns!  They won't go with a true mud tire in a deep hole, but they will kick a mudlites ass anywhere else.  Handling, ride, toughness, and the real big thing between the two is the wear.  Mudlites wear so fast you can see a diference after a 7 mile blacktop run.  I like the Horns better in the snow than mudlites also.  Drop the psi and they will throw snow and float instead of digging down.  Mudlites tend to wheelhop bad and just dig holes.
Back to top Go down
Vital

PostSubject: Re: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:48 am

Bighorns are great all around tires, probably the most popular tire there is on the east coast. If you're going to be doing a decent amount of mud as well I'd go with Zilla's over Mudlites. So IMO the choice would be between Bighorns and Zillas. If you only hit mud every once in awhile I'd go with Bighorns, if you're doing an equal mix of mud/snow/trials I'd go with Zillas. I see you live in P.A., I'd probably think Bighorns would be the best bet up there in that terrain.
Back to top Go down
mike734

mike734

PostSubject: Re: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:26 pm

man i cannot make up my mind. i really want a 30" tire. the terrian i ride is very rocky thats why i want the 30" for the extra GC. i ride in everything and i mean everything. coal silt which is black sand , rock , shale , watery mud , thick mud , creeks , coal clay , washouts , hardpack trail. my big problem is i have 12" wheels and there are really no choices for 12" wheels. if i decide to buy 14" wheels then i can have my pick. but i was not planning on the extra 300.00 - 400.00 for wheels. also i want a good puncture resistance tire that does not weight 40lbs. i know i know i cant have my cake and eat it too. and i will admit my rhino has a mud problem if there is a mud hole my rhino will dive right in every time.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:32 pm

chrisH looks like he sees alot of mud and texas trail, though the WV boys seem to hit mud holes too, I cant coment on that, I stay away from mud.I can handle dust on my carpet but no mudd!!!...lol
Back to top Go down
mike734

mike734

PostSubject: Re: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:39 pm

i think the BH`s will fit my needs but my problem is my wheels. with having 12" wheels the biggest BH is a 27".  the mudlite i can get a 30" and the zilla im back down to a 28". i called itp the mudlites now use the same rubber compound as the 589s which is a good thing so mudlite is back in the picture. and the 30x10x12 mudlite is 33lbs. but the guy also told me that they just released the blackwater evoloution in a 30x10x12 that is 8 ply and 36lbs.
Back to top Go down
Vital

PostSubject: Re: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:10 pm

I've never seen the Blackwater, if you're dead set on a 30" with 12" rims then Mudlites might be the way to go. They arent horrible tires by any means. They will get the job done they just wear fast and dont mud as strong as Zilla's. My buddy ran thru a pair of ITP 589's on his RZR in about 1000-1200 miles. Granted he did smoke them on pavement more than he should have lol. He just put on 28" Zilla's like I have, we'll see how many miles he gets on these.
Back to top Go down
mike734

mike734

PostSubject: Re: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:03 pm

im not set on 30s a true 28 will be fine. I was even thinking about 27" bighorns cause I hear they run tall. im not worried about long life I don't get out much. hell I have had my current tires sense 2004 lol!. zillas were my first choice actually when I started shopping but then found out they have weak sidewalls and are puncture prone much like the original mudlites.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Vital wrote:
I've never seen the Blackwater, if you're dead set on a 30" with 12" rims then Mudlites might be the way to go. They arent horrible tires by any means. They will get the job done they just wear fast and dont mud as strong as Zilla's. My buddy ran thru a pair of ITP 589's on his RZR in about 1000-1200 miles. Granted he did smoke them on pavement more than he should have lol. He just put on 28" Zilla's like I have, we'll see how many miles he gets on these.

lets see some pic's, I can't read!...lol
Back to top Go down
txgrown1404

txgrown1404

PostSubject: Re: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 7:26 pm

here is a link to  check out for 30" tires

http://www.utvguide.net/review_30_inch_tires.htm
Back to top Go down
mike734

mike734

PostSubject: Re: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:28 pm

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
Vital wrote:

lets see some pic's, I can't read!...lol

http://itptires.com/utilityatv/blackwater_evo.html
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:45 pm

those are sweet tires Mike, but I wanted Vital to post his rig, he has all the cool shit...so I say show us!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: are bighorns true to size?   are bighorns true to size? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

are bighorns true to size?
Page 1 of 1