HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
new to the forums and need advice Vote_lcapnew to the forums and need advice Voting_barnew to the forums and need advice Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
new to the forums and need advice Vote_lcapnew to the forums and need advice Voting_barnew to the forums and need advice Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

new to the forums and need advice

Go down 
+9
Crusty
Jet
08Rhino450SE
123.bert0621
Kenny G
rhino727
flimmy
mike734
hondakiller
13 posters
AuthorMessage
hondakiller

new to the forums and need advice Empty
PostSubject: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 9:06 pm

I just bought an 04 450 rhino and need a lil advice i want a lil more power to help me keep up with a 660. Any advice is helpful. I also need help with my belt getting wet in water not deep enough to get in pipes. Thanks
Back to top Go down
mike734

mike734

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 9:12 pm

welcome!  talk to james (jbs) about the power and then go to home depot and buy some pvc and make yourself some snorkles.
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Check all the CVT  vent hoses and make sure they have the clamps on them and that they are all connected right.

Like Mike said call James about getting more power. But a cdi box , sheave and new belt will help out a lot

and welcome to the board.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 10:04 pm

check your clutch cover gaskets one between the outer cover an  inner cover , two between motor an inner cover, now call James about the clutch an hope the guy with the 660 had not

an welcome to the sight
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 10:06 pm

Welcome Hondakiller, You can do a lot of investing on a 450, I know, and you'll still not keep up with a well performing 660 on the flats. Not to say it's not worth spending the $$$ on, I've spent a fair amount on my 450 and enjoy the hell out of it. It just doesn't have the horses under the hood. Decide on what kind of riding you're going to do the most and upgrade for that action. Have fun!!! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Welcome aboard, there are some guys that can sure help with the 450.
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 10:33 pm

also make sure the drain plug is in
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 11:07 pm

hondakiller wrote:
I just bought an 04 450 rhino and need a lil advice i want a lil more power to help me keep up with a 660. Any advice is helpful. I also need help with my belt getting wet in water not deep enough to get in pipes. Thanks
if you've been getting water in the pulleys and belt a lot you probably need to service them.
James can help you with the hotrod sheave (sliding pulley) and a new belt.

the 450s are geared about 15% lower than the 660s so top speed is kinda hard to improve. mine would go 42 when i first got it, and that was the top speed spec for a stock 660.

when i first bought mine the cooling pipe running from the sheaves was unfastened and it took on water. i had to snug it up and re-tighten.

oh, yeah: WELCOME TO THE FORUM bounce
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 12:00 am

Welcome to the family.
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 12:44 am

Welcome, 
I used to get water in my clutch housing in about 16" of water and when I installed my Sheave there was no drain plug at all so I just ended up putting a 1/4" bolt thru it with a lock nut and tightened it up and now it's water tight. 
Probably not the best cure but it worked.
Back to top Go down
Yotehunter66
Yotehunter66

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 6:44 am

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Welcome to the obsession!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 11:39 pm

Welcome.  I'm a previous 450 owner.  I had the JBS sheave and blue secondary spring only and that made a very nice improvement in power.  If you really want it to run it's best, stay with 25" tires.  I had 26" mudlites and it ran pretty good other than the long steep uphill roads.  On the trail it done great.  Sometimes I wish I still had it around to keep messing with.  That 450 has got to be one of the toughest engines of all time.  I rode mine with the pedal on the floor all day long for a very long time.  Couldn't believe it took the abuse.
Back to top Go down
hondakiller

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:17 am

When i bought it the front hose is gone and plugged off goin to the belt and i have retighted the hose comeing out of the back and with my cdi i can run 40 tops wich is fine i would just like a lil more power when i hit long hills on trails thanks for all the helpful advice i will try to get in touch with james about a sheave when i get a lil more saved up kinda a budget build toy right now. What does that jbs sheave usally run price wise?
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:15 am

with out that hose your preventing air from passing through for cooling the belt/clutch . as far as the price I don't remember I was buying a lot of parts all at once what I do know  is the JBS sheave is the best
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:17 pm

I think the kit, sheave, OD weights, friction washers, secondary spring, cozy, and sticker were about $300.00-$325.00. And you will need Yamalube Ultramatic grease. And don't forget to call the Man for the correct price and shipping.304-673-2602,304-877-3419
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 7:53 pm

123.bert0621 wrote:
I think the kit, sheave, OD weights, friction washers, secondary spring, cozy, and sticker were about $300.00-$325.00. And you will need Yamalube Ultramatic grease. And don't forget to call the Man for the correct price and shipping.304-673-2602,304-877-3419
x2 and welcome to the fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new to the forums and need advice   new to the forums and need advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new to the forums and need advice
Page 1 of 1