HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» forum back open for posting
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:24 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino

madmax 1

REDRHINO64

ASPENDELLROVER

T.Rhino

123.bert0621

Firefighter

rhino727

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

flimmy

Most Viewed Topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
Hello hot rod forum
NEW 2014 SxS PHOTOS....................
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
NEW FORUM!
What do you do for a living ?
My full review of the JBS sheave kit
Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Show Your House/Compound
Looking for a better holeshot
Top posting users this week
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Rais tube

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:39 pm

04rhino wrote:
rhino 727..didn,t think of the cable not opening all the way..it has all-ways been a dog sense I got it..esp up in the mtns..had it rejeted by the same place that did the sheave install..surprized it works at all,lol..thanks to this site it runs 100% better..now just looking for the "wow"..Danny
Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana

Authorized Member of the Hotrod Rhino Old Farts Club
Proud Attendee of the Most Awesome Inaugural Hotrod Rhino Forum Ride
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schargedtaco

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Good work tearing into it! I would check your gas lines, fuel filter and spark plugs, jetting as for your top end issue. Are you hitting the limiter or is it just topped out? Should be hitting at least 50 with the sheave. You mentioned lining up the cam plate? I just threw mine on without adjusting it but seems to be running fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:44 pm

if you can get a/f gauge to fine tune the carb will get it dead on the money   Dancing Banana

2007 Special Edition 660, Hotrods crank 4mm stroker , wiseco 2mm over 10/1 piston, new head ported +2 valves,  mudbuster cam, billet middle gear support, JBS sheave 14g with purple spring an friction washers , new wet clutch + 6g lead, Gibson header&muffler,4000lbs winch,26 in mud-lites  ,3in lift, snorkeled, dyna jet kit, K&N air filter with pro-flow adapter, floorboard guards, radiator guards, fender flares
Back to top Go down
View user profile
04rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:29 pm

HI schargedtaco, new fuel filter , spark plug, lines good.. bought the Daynateck cdi when I got the JBS sheave..it just tops out at 45 mph..on the the cam plate , they did not line it up with the splines right..it was a S O B  getting it off with breaking anything or doing more damage...
  Rhino 727: once  I get my top end ~ 55 ish..I will start looking at using a A/F guage..trying to find a good book  for this carburetor/ or source on line..haven,t found what I need yet..biggest problem is tuning at my alt range looking at between 5600 ft- to hopefully 10 K, thats a big range to over come..first high mtn trip after 1st rejet  @ 9200'  it wouldn,t go any more..would idle but thats all..up until I found this site, it was just parked, didn,t have any faith in it..as I said it was a dog..Danny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schargedtaco

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:57 am

Pull the main and pilot out and go back to stock for starters I'd check the needle clip and pull off that snorkel intake setup and go back to stock! Unless of course it ran like crap before you did that mod. One last thing to consider is a valve job. I had a 2005 Honda fourtrax 450 I just could not get to run right. Felt like a dog compared to my yamaha 450, mainly top end was crap and just never felt jetted right although it was. Ended up needing valves adjusted. The fact its topping out at 45 mph with a dynatec downhill is concerning. That or maybe you have poor compression or need a carb rebuild. Stock jets should run pretty consistantly anywhere from 4000 to 10k. Rejetting shouldn't be required when going high altitude although it can help though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
04rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:42 am

Hi Schargedtaco..when it was stock ( no jet changes) at high alt, it was very rich..so the jet change..then on my next trip to marysvale, it wouldn,t go past 9200 elev..so had to have it rejeted again but by then lost faith in it & didn,t use it much..when i found this site thought I would try it again, with the JBS sheave  dynatek 16 gr wts ( year before had orange sec spring installed, helped but still not there) ..need to do a compression test next ( you have  one ?) also was suggested to check ? change the fuel pump ?...checked the throttle cable/ its opens the butterfly all the way..do you know much about  mikuni's ? not having much luck on finding info on them..Danny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:12 am

have you checked the valves setting, the carb will act up with a snorkel because of the vacuum pulse that controls the slide ,  have you drilled out  the brass plug  on bottom of carb so you can adjust the mixture screw ?

2007 Special Edition 660, Hotrods crank 4mm stroker , wiseco 2mm over 10/1 piston, new head ported +2 valves,  mudbuster cam, billet middle gear support, JBS sheave 14g with purple spring an friction washers , new wet clutch + 6g lead, Gibson header&muffler,4000lbs winch,26 in mud-lites  ,3in lift, snorkeled, dyna jet kit, K&N air filter with pro-flow adapter, floorboard guards, radiator guards, fender flares
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schargedtaco

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:14 pm

Sorry no compression checker, there inexpensive though. I can take a carb apart and clean it/change jets/needle but haven't needed to do a rebuild yet. I would say based on the machine running crappy at high altitude with proper jets you either have a carb rebuild issue, need valve adjust or there's something going on with your intake setup, leak etc. I would start with removing the snorkel setup like Jeff mentioned. Anytime your modifying that extensively and changing things that much and are having running issues that would be my focus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
04rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi Schargedtaco, when I removed the snorkle & Benz exhaust..only made a 0.7mph difference on snorkle / 0.5mph on the Benz. I tested each one seperately ..then put them back together..only lost about 1 mph total.runs strong low & mid-range..it just tops out at 45 on the flats now (by the house in about 1/3 of a mile).... Rhino727..I haven,t heard anything about by running a snorkle it would screw up the vacum signal as I said it only lost about 0.7 mph with snorkle removed..from what I have read for every 2000k elev drop 1 # in jet size...I just wish there was someone local ( greater SLC area.. 100 miles or so ) that truly knows these 660  sxs..it would be worth it to me..to finaly give me the the top end now..James said by getting my top-end it would help my lower end even more..Danny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schargedtaco

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:45 am

There are quite a few shops locally that do know the 660 well. Lindsey machine and others can dynotune it. I'd be leaning toward compression or valves if you've made every attempt to check jetting, intake, fuel system, clutch etc. if your topping out and you've eliminated the chance the clutch isn't the issue you may Need valves adjusted or a rebuild. A quick compression check would be the next step! If you say it's running much better from idle to 45 and is getting to speed reasonably quick I would say your sheeve, belt is the issue and its not riding all the way up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:53 am

Danny  glad you had no trouble , but I personally did an if u look it up there's a few wright ups on this stuntman mike spoke of it also . normally on the carbed with vacuum controlled slide if your running any length of tube as in back an up shoulder high the motor will never get to top end because the vacuum that controls the slide gets off      had to drill the holes in bottom of slide so it takes less vacuum to open slide       from what I remember

Back to top Go down
View user profile
04rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Rhino727, thanks for the info ..I will try to find that thread on the vacum signal...my snorkle goes from the intake to just behind the front grill , about 10' reouted it with 2 1/2" industrail duct..Danny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brewis

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:33 pm

What I have noticed is when I gets colder out my rhino runs leaner.  I operate at 6200" to 9500'. I tried something crazy and took the airbox out and stuck a uni straight to the carb (FCR).  By only changing the air filter I went from 13.5 to 14.5 on the af guage.  I then went from a 140 main jet to a 145 and got a top speed of 54.  This was at 6200' and the af guage was at 12.8.  For me the high twelves on the af is the best running.  I went down to a 142 since I'll be at over 9000' this weekend.

2007 660 Camo, NEW JBS Sheave, 15gr OD weights,Orange spring with anti friction washers, Slugs, Tri Fire CDI, fuel pump relocation kit,  Uni mounterd straight to the carb, siphon break, Alba exhaust, 41 FCR Carb, JBS Radiator Shields, Viper Winch, Power Steering, Diamond Plate A-arm covers and Skid plates, ATV Guard Shop Floor Protectors, RZR seats, Ryde-On Dust Protector, 2" lift, sport shocks, Rhino Horns, Gun Rack, Beer Holders, Mud Lites, Hiper Wheels, Trail Bright Led lights
Back to top Go down
View user profile
04rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Brewis  (Scott).thank you for the info..after I get this rhino running right  I will be doing some tuning for  the various elev  (5600-10k), will keep what you said in mind..James offered for me to use his A/F guage !  Ps I hunt in wyo..looking at cashing in my elk pts next year...Danny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brewis

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:05 pm

I'd take him up on it, makes tuning a breeze.

2007 660 Camo, NEW JBS Sheave, 15gr OD weights,Orange spring with anti friction washers, Slugs, Tri Fire CDI, fuel pump relocation kit,  Uni mounterd straight to the carb, siphon break, Alba exhaust, 41 FCR Carb, JBS Radiator Shields, Viper Winch, Power Steering, Diamond Plate A-arm covers and Skid plates, ATV Guard Shop Floor Protectors, RZR seats, Ryde-On Dust Protector, 2" lift, sport shocks, Rhino Horns, Gun Rack, Beer Holders, Mud Lites, Hiper Wheels, Trail Bright Led lights
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schargedtaco

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:24 pm

I was able to hit 54 today on a downhill section at grantsville before I chickened out with my 2 kids in the backseat! Need 4 point harnesses for sure at that speed. Felt like it didnt have much more if anything and kinda blipped like it hit a limiter although it has the msd cdi. I noticed though on a long uphill section floored it blipped and momentarily cut out and then ran fine.  Its done that several times at full throttle. Think its due to running rich.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
04rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:17 pm

Schargedtaco..Dam I thought i was done at 48 mph,lol.. would like to get with you sometime, and see what we can come up with on my speed.. how long of a run did it take you for that 54 mph ?..Danny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schargedtaco

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:22 am

For sure! We should meet up and see what's going in with it. You should be hitting 48 on a bone stock bike with just a ignition at least on stock tires. I'm thinking if I drop in a 155 should be perfect for winter 
What size jets are you running again?
That run took maybe a 100-200 yards guessing it climbed up to 54 real quick. On a flat it takes awhile longer to get there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
04rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:05 pm

mine was running on the flat about  a 1/3 of a mile total  ( 48mph)including shut  down..not sure what the jets were changed to, it was done by the dealer that did my installs  orange spring  & JBS sheave..wouldn,t suprize me if they just adjusted  the A/F mixture and called it good.. now it has great low & mid range just slow on the top-end...lets see what we can come up with , I want to do 54 mph too like you & crusty,lol..Danny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schargedtaco

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:29 pm

There's actually a small riding area over by the staker parsons gravel pit. It's the same road that runs from stansbury highschool up to the foothills. There's a cow gate there to get in. Either we could go there or out by grantsville. That place is allitle more open for top end. I'm off today, tomorrow and Thursday until 2pm but am on call.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
04rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:37 pm

just got a call from a friend, going to help him winterize his trailer this morning.. shouldn,t take too long..we could meat up at a easy to find place..let me know..what works for you..Danny ...should be back in a couple hours or so ..Danny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crusty

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:38 pm

I work at Staker Parson lol

04rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:01 pm

Crusty small world, my friends bother works for staker parson..he is a mech/foreman..Grant  W..lives here in Tooele
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crusty

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:28 pm

Yup I know Mister Grant Walker, Travis Hagar, Paul Proctor, Clay Campbell I could go on forever with the guys that work here that live in Tooele and Grantsville

04rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:01 pm

They are a big outfit..one of the guys I used to work with drove part time for staker..not sure if he does any more..Rex  Sheilds..if staker gives if us any problems driving thru the gravel pit,  schargeredtaco & I will refur them to you,lol..( just teasing)..Danny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   

Back to top Go down

Rais tube
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM :: Technical :: Engine-
Jump to: