HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We have recently moved our forum to vBulletin, part of moving means that you are required to reset your password. If you follow this link and enter your email address you will be emailed directions to resetting your password.

http://hotrodforums.net/forums/login.php?do=lostpw&email=$email

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» NEW FORUM!
Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:08 pm by 123.bert0621

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

» New guy from Texas with my first rhino
Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:44 am by chuddly

» big boring the 660
Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:02 am by rhinosport84

» Who else is in Houston
Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:49 am by Stapleton1184

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino

madmax 1

REDRHINO64

ASPENDELLROVER

T.Rhino

123.bert0621

Firefighter

rhino727

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

flimmy

Most Viewed Topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
Hello hot rod forum
NEW 2014 SxS PHOTOS....................
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
Sand Reeper
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again
NEW FORUM!
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Show Your House/Compound
Looking for a better holeshot
Top posting users this week
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

big boring the 660

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Same here thats y i stroked it i also have a 4 seat cage an rear seat 2 kids an 28s lol

07 rhino sport 720 stroker +4mm hot rods crank ( welded) weller head studs, 10.1 JE piston stage 1 raptor cam ported an polished head 28" zillas on interco wheels, alba exhaust & high flo fuel pump, weller fuel line kit k&n intake dynatec cdi 3k warn winch and jbs sheave 14g ods purple spring friction washers sluged wet clutch homemade diamond plate alum. half doors.an more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike734

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:17 pm

nice....not many people run the big tires. personally I love em even knowing they rob a good amount of power.

07 660 , jbs sheave , 2" cfm lift , 28x11x12 ITP Mega Mayhems mounted on black MSA M17`s , warn bumper , warn rt30 , str8up motorsports family cage  , emp in dash radio , full snorkles , more to come....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:19 pm

When i first got the rhino i was running 29.5 swamplites but i kept blowing the side walls out of them so i went to 28 zillas an so far no problems an i gained some power back

07 rhino sport 720 stroker +4mm hot rods crank ( welded) weller head studs, 10.1 JE piston stage 1 raptor cam ported an polished head 28" zillas on interco wheels, alba exhaust & high flo fuel pump, weller fuel line kit k&n intake dynatec cdi 3k warn winch and jbs sheave 14g ods purple spring friction washers sluged wet clutch homemade diamond plate alum. half doors.an more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike734

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:57 pm

I was gonna go with zillas but I heard a lot of flat/sidewall flat stories that's why I went with mega mayhems.

07 660 , jbs sheave , 2" cfm lift , 28x11x12 ITP Mega Mayhems mounted on black MSA M17`s , warn bumper , warn rt30 , str8up motorsports family cage  , emp in dash radio , full snorkles , more to come....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:24 pm

ive read the same thing but figured id give them a try an so far they have held up nice no flats yet

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:29 pm

So i pulled the valve cover off to check the decomp setup an the 2 small pins off the cam were not in the grooves in the fly weights so i fixed that an made sure it was all working correctly and it is now it starts alittle eaiser but still not like it used too so im assuming ill need a better battery

Back to top Go down
View user profile
chuddly

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:27 pm

im going to be building my motor in the spring more than likely....dont know if i will stroke it or not but im REALLY looking forward the added power

Mods done - rear seat out of a Jeep CJ7
Painted flat dark earth with black graphics
HID conversion
Trail Bright 10" LED bar (Thanks Flimmy!)
Quick detach snow plow
extended roll cage
4 point harnesses
Hunterworks CDI
700 belt
JBS sheave
14g weights
Purple spring
Angled steering wheel for better ergonomics
1" square steel tube doors with 1/8" aluminum skin.

Mods in progress -

Future Mods - Build complete enclosed cab, design and install heater and center console, more lights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:01 am

i did the 686 big bore with a stage 1 raptor cam an ported head a while back an it did add some decent power but i will say if ur going to tear it down id throw a stroker crank in it i havent drove mine much but i will say that the power diffrence with the stroker is night an day i couldnt belive how much tq is gained an just the feel of the power is awesome.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
chuddly

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:12 am

I saw where you were having trouble getting it to turn over and you needed a new battery.  Im running a dual battery set up (second battery is a car battery) with a battery isolater that has the option to flip a switch and connect them for starting.  That might be something to look into.  Also if my accessories (winch and lights and so forth) draw to much it separates the 2 batteries so i can always keep the rhino running and drive out.

HID conversion
Quick detach snow plow
extended roll cage
4 point harnesses
Hunterworks CDI
700 belt
JBS sheave
14g weights
Purple spring

Mods in progress -

Future Mods - Build complete enclosed cab, design and install heater and center console, more lights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:34 am

yea it wont turn over at all unless i have the battery charger on high start the battery is just a cheap never start from walmart with the highest cranking amps i could find. so i think my best bet is do do what u said an put 2 batterys in it an see what happens i just didnt like the idea of more weight in the front but i have to do something to make it start

Back to top Go down
View user profile
chuddly

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:21 pm

yeah i know what ya mean with the extra weight...but I look at it like insurance.  I this way i can ALWAYS make it home

HID conversion
Quick detach snow plow
extended roll cage
4 point harnesses
Hunterworks CDI
700 belt
JBS sheave
14g weights
Purple spring

Mods in progress -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:12 pm

vey true. im prob going to go that route with the dual battery setup.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:53 pm

Then you can choose the CCA you want,smart.

2008 Sport Edition 700,MSD fuel controller,Brink Enterprise floor guards,RMstator,Tusk rear window,1/2 windshield,hid's,on board compressor,airhorn,K&N,Traxion Grippers,Sirius XM, EBC severe duty brakes,Baja mirrors, Warn RT 30 winch,LED box lights.2"rear spacers,2"lift,no rear sway bar,fender flares, VDP Stereo,homemade rear bumper,Axia black stainless epoxy tip,JBS sheave OD-18gr,purple spring,anti-friction washers,10"LED.Hot rod rear aluminium skid plate, RZR seats. I see a lot of feathers but not much chicken !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chuddly

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:28 pm

when I did mine I when with a Ford Taurus battery.  They are EASY to find anywhere and they are a top post battery (not those silly side post design).  The are also fairly small and fit REALLY well right between the front upper sub frame under the hood. Also you can get them in a high CCA if you need it.  I am running one that is like 600 cca and it seems to work well for me.  Also the battery is pretty cheap.  I got a new one last weekend because my other died (it was a used battery when I put it in) and it was only $50 for a brand new one.

HID conversion
Quick detach snow plow
extended roll cage
4 point harnesses
Hunterworks CDI
700 belt
JBS sheave
14g weights
Purple spring

Mods in progress -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:20 pm

$50.00 bucks is a smoking deal, here they are more than twice that +15 % tax, plus disposal.

2008 Sport Edition 700,MSD fuel controller,Brink Enterprise floor guards,RMstator,Tusk rear window,1/2 windshield,hid's,on board compressor,airhorn,K&N,Traxion Grippers,Sirius XM, EBC severe duty brakes,Baja mirrors, Warn RT 30 winch,LED box lights.2"rear spacers,2"lift,no rear sway bar,fender flares, VDP Stereo,homemade rear bumper,Axia black stainless epoxy tip,JBS sheave OD-18gr,purple spring,anti-friction washers,10"LED.Hot rod rear aluminium skid plate, RZR seats. I see a lot of feathers but not much chicken !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chuddly

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:18 am

Rural King had a sale on them (they seem to have a sale on them every week honestly).  They are normally $60 but they were marked down to $49.99.  Like i said for the price and the size fitting perfect and  the availability you just cant beat it.

HID conversion
Quick detach snow plow
extended roll cage
4 point harnesses
Hunterworks CDI
700 belt
JBS sheave
14g weights
Purple spring

Mods in progress -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:42 am

sounds like I deal.. im going to keep messing with mine I found when its dead cold it wont turn over at all it took a car battery an the rhino battery an the charger to get it to turn the other morning so something is not right I would say. im thinking maybe timing is off I checked it when I fixed the decomp setup but I was mostly looking at that an just checked the timing quick going to take my time an make sure its dead on an go from there

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:13 am

Ok so i pulled the rhino apart after work this morning an the cam timing is off a tooth ( the cam is rolled towards the exhaust 1 tooth ) now can i put the chain guide out an have enough slack in the chain to roll it a tooth?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
09-rhino700

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:16 am

I did.mine like that attatched zip.ties to the timing chain so it wouldnt come off down below, its not fun but its possible.  mine is a 700 dont think that matters though....

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:01 pm

If I still have hard start issues when I get mine back I'm for sure checking this even tho he swears it's on. Thanks

rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:03 pm

yea I talked to the guy that did my motor an he said he checked it twice an he does good work but I knew something was up with the way it started an it was driving me nuts so I pulled it apart this morning an sure enough its off a tooth hopefully that will fix it im still going to buy a good battery just to be safe

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CamoRhino660

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:38 pm

I would triple check your decompression pins also if it starts hard. I need to pull mine apart and go threw the decomp setup cause mine starts hard also. And every now and again it sounds like it spins backwards for a second.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:51 pm

I checked them the last time I pulled it apart an it wasn't hooked up right so I fixed that its working correctly now but didn't help at all. this time I pulled it apart to check timing witch I should have done the first time an its off a tooth or so but decomp its lined up right an working

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CamoRhino660

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Well maybe that's my prb or maybe it's that I still have the ORIGINAL battery!! It's a 06. Lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:04 pm

wow id say u got your life out of that battery lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: big boring the 660    

Back to top Go down

big boring the 660
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next