HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Vote_lcaprhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Voting_barrhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Vote_lcaprhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Voting_barrhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
09 700 not charging when running
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What's wrong with my Rhino

Go down 
+9
wagon1
08Rhino450SE
Polarblu
honda450sfm
rhino727
chalkminer
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Kenny G
cruiserheads
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cruiserheads

rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Empty
PostSubject: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:36 pm

I was out hunting yesterday and after going after a Deer I came back to my Rhino(still running) I hopped in and it sputtered and had no power. I left it there while I gutted the deer. After about a half an hour it started and ran fine. I headed back towards my truck and half hour later it did the same thing. No power and sputtering. Let it cool again and drove back to my truck with it starting to sputter when almost back. It seems as if electrical. Is it possibly a bad coil as it works good when I let it cool down. My engine temps are about 160 when this happens. Carb was cleaned recently and I have a Dynatech CDI so that rules out the rev limiter. New Alba fuel pump was installed a couple of months ago as well. Exhaust smells rich when it happens as well.

Neil.
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Spark plug fouling out? Pull the plug and take a look at it.
Back to top Go down
cruiserheads

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 7:19 pm

Pulled the plug. Looks fine. Could the coil be bad. After it cools for maybe half an hour it runs fine for a while.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:25 pm

coil,cdi,stator
Back to top Go down
chalkminer

chalkminer

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:02 am

Do you still have the stock CDI around somewhere?  If yes, I'd try swapping that first.  It is easy and won't cost anything.  If you have a multi-tester you can check the stator too.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:19 am

I had a coil do the same to me on a wolverine , glad u got back to truck an good luck with it
    .......I hate electrical crap
Back to top Go down
cruiserheads

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:29 am

I do not have a stock CDI. I tried to duplicate the problem tonight with no luck. I did change the sparkplug. Maybe it was bad. I hate diagnosing when you can't duplicate the problem. It will probably happen in the bush this weekend again. Hopefully I will be able to limp it back again.
Back to top Go down
cruiserheads

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:31 am

I am pretty sure it is one of the three things James listed.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:22 am

i seen plugs do it too
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 1:10 pm

I 'd have a spare coil with u this week end just in case
Back to top Go down
cruiserheads

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 2:20 pm

rhino727 wrote:
I 'd have a spare coil with u this week end just in case
I would but no one stocks anything here. City of 1.2 million and they never stock anything.

Neil.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:00 pm

that's unreal   lots of folks    an  no parts    Mad
Back to top Go down
honda450sfm

honda450sfm

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Hey cruiserheads, I feel your pain. Calgary might have the population but everything comes from the States with regards to parts. Best bet is to order from James. Super fast service!
I've had problems with my Copperhead CDI doing the same thing. Put the stock CDI in, no problems.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 7:03 pm

if you have a service manual it covers how to check the resistance of the plug cap, coil and coil wire
Back to top Go down
cruiserheads

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 7:25 pm

I have a service manual. I think it would need to be acting up to show up in a test. Unfortunately I can't duplicate the symptoms at home.
Back to top Go down
wagon1

wagon1

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 8:20 pm

just a thought... u dont have anything blocking the intake to your airbox do u? i sat my gloves on the console blocking mine once and had the same problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sawdy.com
cruiserheads

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 9:18 pm

wagon1 wrote:
just a thought... u dont have anything blocking the intake to your airbox do u? i sat my gloves on the console blocking mine once and had the same problem.
You might be right. I did have my gloves and hat sitting there. Exhaust smelled really rich when it was happening. I hope it is that simple. I think I will test my coil though.
Back to top Go down
cruiserheads

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 1:09 am

Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself. I went out to the garage tonight and was able to duplicate the symptoms. With my damn gloves.
Back to top Go down
chalkminer

chalkminer

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 1:19 am

Good call David!  I never would have to thought to ask where the gloves were sitting.  Hope that really is it.
Back to top Go down
wagon1

wagon1

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 8:57 am

sh!t happens. i know its simple but i.dont mind telling on myself.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.sawdy.com
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:34 am

I had a pack of cigarettes get sucked in. you are right   shit happens.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 5:49 pm

happened to me before going o4 style with a sweat shirt, affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my Rhino   rhino - What's wrong with my Rhino Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's wrong with my Rhino
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next