HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 36 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 36 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Vote_lcapLift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Voting_barLift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Vote_lcapLift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Voting_barLift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
09 700 not charging when running
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Lift or Mid-Travel?

Go down 
+8
skeeter9
ASPENDELLROVER
Mud Rat
thekevin
banchee6
oldmustangjunkie
Baxter Built Fabrications
Kenny G
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kenny G

Kenny G

Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:34 pm

Thanks M R, I'm going to check out some options available with the sport shocks. Sounds like you're air borne as much as you have all 4 on the ground. Most areas I ride would be hard to gain that type of speed. You'd end up over a cliff ledge or rapped around a tree, not my kind of a day for a good time.
Back to top Go down
Mud Rat

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 7:22 pm

even at slow speeds you still might bottom out I'm running 27 inch mud lites and I was able to stand on the front bumper and pull the roll bar enough to make the tire push up the hood...with the little longer a-arms it allows a lot of leverage.....either way you're going to like the new ride
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:27 pm

Some different springs on the SE shocks should fix that though right.
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks for the input. Did you have to shave the fenders any? I'm going to be running 27X14's on this build. I'm thinking putting a two inch lift on the shocks which will give me some more body lift/clearance. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:36 pm

thekevin wrote:
I've got a call into iShock on the shock rebuild or re-spring the SE shock. I'll post what I find if you're interested, Kevin. I want this bike ready for Moab this spring.
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:40 pm

If I don't end up selling the Rhino and getting a Poolaris like everyone else by next summer I will be putting on mid travel.  I too was thinking about putting my 2" lift back on when I do it.  I will be very interested in how your setup turns out.  I am already 27x10x14's all the way around but I am thinking I may run a 15" wheel with less backspacing and a 215/75/R15 truck tire if I go with mid travel to narrow it back up a little bit but keep my travel.
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:54 pm

Off the subject, but my 06/450 has never left me stranded in all the years I've had it. And out here in Wyoming you don't see many other riders if any depending on where you ride. I'm pretty much a solo rider and I want something that's going to get me home when I'm 30-40 miles from base. I've heard to many stories about the Polaris machines. That's why I bought this almost new Rhino 700, I believe in them, and willing to spend the $$ to make the bike the way I want it. Each to their own.
Back to top Go down
Mud Rat

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Kenny G wrote:
Thanks for the input. Did you have to shave the fenders any? I'm going to be running 27X14's on this build. I'm thinking putting a two inch lift on the shocks which will give me some more body lift/clearance. What do you think?
I installed some teryx sport shocks on all 4 corners with some custom brackets on the rear a-arm mounts and have no issues but with out them or a lift you will have to trim ur fenders
Back to top Go down
Mud Rat

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:23 pm

thekevin wrote:
I used some teryx shocks they where cheaper and with the longer shock they work great also have no issue with them being stiff due to the longer a-arms
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Right now I get enough flex out of mine to rub the bottom of my rear fenders now and sometimes on the front floorboards where my aluminum protectors are.  Do those teryx shocks allow for a pretty cush ride.
Back to top Go down
Mud Rat

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:30 pm

thekevin wrote:
If I don't end up selling the Rhino and getting a Poolaris like everyone else by next summer I will be putting on mid travel.  I too was thinking about putting my 2" lift back on when I do it.  I will be very interested in how your setup turns out.  I am already 27x10x14's all the way around but I am thinking I may run a 15" wheel with less backspacing and a 215/75/R15 truck tire if I go with mid travel to narrow it back up a little bit but keep my travel.
with my +3 mts I removed the wheel spacers on the rear and with stock rims im still narrower then a stock teryx
Back to top Go down
Mud Rat

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:35 pm

thekevin wrote:
Right now I get enough flex out of mine to rub the bottom of my rear fenders now and sometimes on the front floorboards where my aluminum protectors are.  Do those teryx shocks allow for a pretty cush ride.
yes..mine are the sport ones and with the +3 they ride great... without it they are stiff at first...^ that is why I did the mts I wore all the paint off the inner fender..lol

I did move the shock mounts on the a-arms via a bolt on bracket cause the axel was hitting the frame on the passenger side and I wanted them right side up

Last edited by Mud Rat on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Do you have some pics of yours with the mts and teryx shocks.
Back to top Go down
Mud Rat

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:40 pm

ill try to get some and post them up
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Pulled the trigger on the LSR Mid-Travel. Talked with iShock's tech about respringing or reworking the sports shocks and iShock thinks the sport shocks should work just fine for the type of riding style I do. The LSR MTS was designed to perform with the factor shock. They said there is plenty of travel in the sport shock and if you're not hitting big air there should be no reason to rebuild/respring the shocks. They can & will if needed. I was suprised iShock didn't try and push after market shocks or a rebuild on my sport shocks, they were very confident the sport stockers would work just fine.  Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:30 pm

Post many pics before, during, and after this process.
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:44 pm

git er done, kenny! sounds like you're gonna be busy this winter with a great build.
don't forget the writeup as you move on bounce
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:07 pm

sounds awesome. can't wait to see this. I thought that a MTS would be great. I'm just nervous about going wider. haha even though our 900xp ranger gets around good.
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 1:13 am

If I could get a break in the friggin cold (deep-freeze) weather that's set in here, I've got a back log of Hot Rod parts from JBS to get started with. Can't warm the garage up enough when the temps are hovering in the single > double sub zero temps. Wind chill today was (-35) degrees. I'll try to do some pic & write up as I move through the build. Right now the bike is stripped down just waiting for me to get started.
Back to top Go down
Mud Rat

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 8:58 pm

its dirty but here are the pics
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131212

Last edited by Mud Rat on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mud Rat

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131213

you can see how far the front tires with stock rims are past the stock fender flares
 Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131215Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131214

Last edited by Mud Rat on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mud Rat

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 9:20 pm

front teryx sport shocks fit with no problems

Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131217

front 

Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131218

rear

Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131219
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131220

Last edited by Mud Rat on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mud Rat

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 9:26 pm

the rear with the 2" wheel spacers removed

Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131222
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131223

hear you can see the bracket I made to move the shock mount and be able to install the teryx shocks right side up

Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131224
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131225

Last edited by Mud Rat on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mud Rat

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 9:30 pm

with the mts suspension it also moves the tires forward 1" and backward 1".. you can see I have a little over 1/4" clearance between the bolt head and axle

lots of room

Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131227
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131228

the bracket is bolted on and a little tack weld so it can be removed if I ever decide too sell it

Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131229
Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131230

I use 1/4" plate to make the brackets

Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 20131231
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lift or Mid-Travel?   Lift or Mid-Travel? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lift or Mid-Travel?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2