HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Vote_lcapradiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Voting_barradiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Vote_lcapradiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Voting_barradiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
09 700 not charging when running
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

radiator fan

Go down 
+11
Bender.chris5908
123.bert0621
txgrown1404
onebuilder
REDRHINO64
Pokahpolice
Stuntmanmike
honda450sfm
Firefighter
scottwv
banchee6
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rhinosport84

rhinosport84

radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: radiator fan   radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 5:54 pm

banchee6 wrote:
I know the OEM fans and shrouds are about $200, but you will know what you getting with that. Just a thought.
i hear ya id like to stay oem but my rhino only has almost 1200 miles on it an the fan is junk already that seems to be a short life to me or is that about the life of them? i know i never lost a fan on my grizzleys ive owned an i always was in the mud an water im not so much with the rhino.
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: radiator fan   radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 7:19 pm

Rhino fan is much lower than a grizzly fan. I know when mine went out, the barb fitting was broke and water n mud was shoved in it. Never knew the fitting was broke cause I never remove the fan to clean the radiator. Things break. Mud, water, sand, rocks find their way in some interesting places. We put these machines to the limit and expect them to hold up. Truth be told it was designed to only have 25" tires and go 40 mph. We defy the laws of yamaha everyday with the abuse we put on them from running 40-50 mph in trails or going 4-5 feet deep in water n mud. 

My knowledge for the day. Lmao
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: radiator fan   radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:45 pm

banchee6 wrote:
Rhino fan is much lower than a grizzly fan. I know when mine went out, the barb fitting was broke and water n mud was shoved in it. Never knew the fitting was broke cause I never remove the fan to clean the radiator. Things break. Mud, water, sand, rocks find their way in some interesting places. We put these machines to the limit and expect them to hold up. Truth be told it was designed to only have 25" tires and go 40 mph. We defy the laws of yamaha everyday with the abuse we put on them from running 40-50 mph in trails or going 4-5 feet deep in water n mud. 

sooooooooooo true.
Back to top Go down
rhinosport84

rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: radiator fan   radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:48 pm

banchee6 wrote:

very true
Back to top Go down
txgrown1404

txgrown1404

PostSubject: Re: radiator fan   radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:59 pm

what u need to do is just upgrade the radiator its self.  it is the weak link in these things. I just upgraded mine to the TCP heavy duty triple pass radiator.  here where I live its over 100 degrees daily, and I was always runnin hot, couldn't ride more than 45 minutes before I had to stop n let it cool off.  I hated it it.  now I never run over 190 in 100 degree weather.  the stock radiator inlet and outlet are parallel so water doesn't have time to cool off.  TCP's are offset and give the water more time to cool off.  its not priced to bad either and it comes with a shroud with no modifications $459. if your getting a fan get a SPAL fan, there cheaper than stock and better than stock around $100. you can get a fan and shround for $179.  I didn't think that was a bad price for them.  second best upgrade ive done to my maaachine.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: radiator fan   radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:59 pm

banchee6 wrote:

It gets particularly bad at more than 4-5 fathoms, especially in thick mud. Watch your depth gauge and back out before it is too late......

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: radiator fan   radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 10:44 am

Quote :

It gets particularly bad at more than 4-5 fathoms, especially in thick mud. Watch your depth gauge and back out before it is too late......

Very Happy
You know how bad reverse is on these things!!!  Hit diff lock and slam the throttle in low and hold on for dear life. GO OR BLOW!!!!
Back to top Go down
DHILL

DHILL

PostSubject: Re: radiator fan   radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 10:06 pm

https://hotrodrhinoforums.forumotion.com/t1656-700-radiator-fan-replacement

This is what I ended up doing when my fan when out on my 08 700.  I haven't had any problems with it yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: radiator fan   radiator - radiator fan - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

radiator fan
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2