HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Vote_lcapfuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Voting_barfuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Vote_lcapfuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Voting_barfuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
09 700 not charging when running
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?

Go down 
+3
sls666
KJrhino
Kenny G
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ShowStopper71z28

fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 8:37 am

You can pull fuel out everywhere. I would lean out the idle, pilot, and main jet. The higher you go in altitude the richer you are going to run. So if u get it tuned good for you altitude you will be safe by going higher in altitude.
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 3:07 pm

Okay, any carb tuners out there? I've gone 04 style w/air box and added an exhaust tip. I've dropped from a 125 to 117.5 main jet and am still running 12-12.2 wot. Mid-range is running 12.5-13, with the swap on the fat and skinny washer on jet needle. Idle is mid 11's with 2 turns out on the a/f screw. My thought is drop 1, maybe 2 more jet sizes in the main and 1 full turn 'in' on the a/f screw. It sucks I didn't buy more main jets yesterday to finish this up today. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:47 pm

kengeis did you get the turbulator yet? they help with blowback (reversion) to the aircleaner, too.
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 5:21 pm

No Denny, Ask the Yamaha dealer yesterday when I was there getting jets and they weren't sure what I was taking about, they kept trying to explain something else they said a lot of racers use, but it wasn't the same. You've got my taste buds wet thou, once I get this bitch tuned-in think I'll order one and try it out. It really shouldn't change the carb tuning, do you think? Do you have one on your 'Hot Rod'?? Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 5:48 pm

Kenny G wrote:
No Denny, Ask the Yamaha dealer yesterday when I was there getting jets and they weren't sure what I was taking about, they kept trying to explain something else they said a lot of racers use, but it wasn't the same. You've got my taste buds wet thou, once I get this bitch tuned-in think I'll order one and try it out. It really shouldn't change the carb tuning, do you think? Do you have one on your 'Hot Rod'?? Like a Star @ heaven

when i added one to the harley, i had it dyno'ed and it helped the lower mid range torque a bit, which is what i was after. you can really feel the improvement with a butt dyno, though, if you're familiar with how your bike accelerates. given the numbers you have now, i don't think it will lean it out enough to hurt anything, but you're the one that has the A/F gauge HA HA.

i heard about it when i was building up the engines on the harleys in the late 90s. a guy at bike week in Latonia was selling them. most atv dealers don't even know about them, which really surprises me because it's a cheap addition that helps with acceleration. i was surprised that they make them for different (smaller) size carbs.

i only have about 250 hours on my rhino and haven't been tinkering on it yet, other than the sheave. kinda burned out after spending so much time and money chasing speed on my motorcycles. i finally realized after awhile that i was infatuated and was seeking the unobtainable. now i'd be happy just having a little 500cc thumper (like i started on) because it's really more all about getting away from it all... bounce
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:32 pm

08Rhino450SE wrote:
while you have it torn down, you might want to get one of these kolpin vortex turbulators.
it goes on the "back" side of the carb, between the carb and head. it increases the swirl (velocity) and supply of air and fuel into the combustion chamber, which causes the fuel to atomize better and creates better combustion efficiency, which is what the race for "more speed" is all about.
i use them in my harleys and they give a pretty good seat of the pants increase in power right where you want it. bounce

https://www.denniskirk.com/turbulator-for-30-34mm-carbs-tu10.p172133.prd
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Turbul11

Order the turbulator this a.m.; I'll let you know how I like it on the Rhino. This whole fresh tuning on the bike has really added alot of spunk to the 450. Can't wait until the fine-tuning comes together, and it sounds like this turbulator will only sweetin up the whole tuning experience. Thanks for sharing that Denny! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2