HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Vote_lcapIt's all your fault steves. Lol.  Voting_barIt's all your fault steves. Lol.  Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Vote_lcapIt's all your fault steves. Lol.  Voting_barIt's all your fault steves. Lol.  Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
09 700 not charging when running
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

It's all your fault steves. Lol.

Go down 
+2
SteveS
Jet
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jet

Jet

It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Empty
PostSubject: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Ok, I went to amazon and just ordered a equus 8068 tach. 5" white face for 59.00. 64.24 shipped. I figure with your brain and my 9 thumbs, I can do it. Lol.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:53 pm

Jet wrote:
Ok, I went to amazon and just ordered a equus 8068 tach. 5" white face for 59.00. 64.24 shipped. I figure with your brain and my 9 thumbs, I can do it. Lol.

Ah, crap, another lawsuit! HaHa.

Let's hope that the fellas that are having problems with the Equus work through it. Its always easier to be a follower rather than a leader. If not, prepare for Guinea Pig duty, soldier! study
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:01 pm

SteveS wrote:
Jet wrote:

Let's hope that the fellas that are having problems with the Equus work through it. Its always easier to be a follower rather than a leader. If not, prepare for Guinea Pig duty, soldier! study

Jet and jack, ready for duty sir !!!!!!! Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:15 pm

Jet wrote:
SteveS wrote:
Jet wrote:

Jet and jack, ready for duty sir !!!!!!! It's all your fault steves. Lol.  2016508534

Alright, the first recruits for the Ohio regiment, GP Army! Banana suits are mandatory attire while on duty. At ease! It's all your fault steves. Lol.  2016508534

Wipe that grin off your face, this is serious business!
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:24 pm

SteveS wrote:
Jet wrote:
SteveS wrote:
Jet wrote:

Jet and jack, ready for duty sir !!!!!!! It's all your fault steves. Lol.  2016508534

Alright, the first recruits for the Ohio regiment, GP Army! Banana suits are mandatory attire while on duty. At ease! It's all your fault steves. Lol.  2016508534

Wipe that grin off your face, this is serious business!

Well, just had a good ole shot of jack. For those about to rock, we salute you !!!!
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 4:24 am

You guys figure this 700 tach stuff out so I can get one. I'm counting on you!
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 3:21 pm

Well Steve S get your brain in gear. I just talked to the dealer tech and the Yamaha Rhino 700 with EFI idles at 1600 rpm. Yamaha does not post in their manuals (at least where Chad--LSC tech- has been looking) a top rpm for the Rhino 700EFI since it is auto limited. standing by with 9 thumbs and waiting for the UPS man to bring the Equus 8068 tach, sir !!!!!
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 4:55 pm

I wish the best of luck to ya, after you guys get it figured out I may order another one. I tried it all and could not get it to idle at 1500, all I got was 800-900, which does not work for me. keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Jet, what I would like you to do when you get the tach is to figure out what factory set scale-factor it comes with right out of the box. Hook up the power leads to the battery and ground, no need to hook up the sense lead just now.. Then push the calibration button and see what it reads on the dial. Look through the calibration portion of the installation instructions and you will see what I mean. This way we will know what we are starting out with.

Aspendale, it would be helpful if you could tell us how you had the sense lead set up. Direct lead to coil, inductive pickup onto the harness wire going to the coil, or inductive pickup onto the spark plug wire? You had it set up such that it was at least getting a reading, even though it was not the right reading. I'm hoping that is the battle half-won, at least.
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 6:02 pm

sounds good. i'll post as soon as the tach arrives.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 6:41 pm

SteveS wrote:
Jet, what I would like you to do when you get the tach is to figure out what factory set scale-factor it comes with right out of the box. Hook up the power leads to the battery and ground, no need to hook up the sense lead just now.. Then push the calibration button and see what it reads on the dial. Look through the calibration portion of the installation instructions and you will see what I mean. This way we will know what we are starting out with.

Aspendale, it would be helpful if you could tell us how you had the sense lead set up. Direct lead to coil, inductive pickup onto the harness wire going to the coil, or inductive pickup onto the spark plug wire? You had it set up such that it was at least getting a reading, even though it was not the right reading. I'm hoping that is the battle half-won, at least.

Steve, I had the red wire wire hooked up to the pink wire from the 12v plug in on the dash, the white wire(back light) tapped into the blue wire on the headlight wire. I used the brown wire from the back of the tach to attach to the spark plug wire which just clamped onto it(inductive pickup onto the spark plug wire). I tried to set it at 500rpm and 1000rpm and could not achieve 1500rpm. Hope this helps, so you can get us all set up!
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 7:38 pm

I know this is on a 700, but would this same tach apply for the 660 also? Interested in one also, I have an old Sunpro I put on an old 86 Toyota, but it is only for 4,6, or 8 cyl. If covered somewhere else, point me there.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 10:08 pm

foyota86 wrote:
I know this is on a 700, but would this same tach apply for the 660 also? Interested in one also, I have an old Sunpro I put on an old 86 Toyota, but it is only for 4,6, or 8 cyl. If covered somewhere else, point me there.

From how the various posts on this forum have been going, it would appear that the 700 is not to keen on working with a tach. Hopefully we will be finding out before to long regarding the gremlin on that one. The 660 are apparently more well behaved. It takes a tach with a 2 cylinder setting to match up with the spark pulses on the 660, at least.
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 10:19 pm

10-4. It would be nice to see RPM range. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 11:10 pm

Ok, doing some research on the Equus tach. It can be calibrated for 1-2-3-4-5-6-8 and 12 cylinder engines plus coil on plug. That being said, it does have a lot of bad reports, so it may be that it is just a shitty product. It is 59 bucks!!!!!!
Fear not, Steve S will walk 9 thumbs jet through an install and I have faith, it will work. Ok, jack said that last part. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 11:23 pm

More info for those that have had issues with the Equus tach. For some reason the tach is designed that the needle will continue reading the rpm that the engine was running just prior to shut down. In other words if you are idling at 1500 the needle will remain at 1500 on shut down. When power is reapplied the needle should go to zero just prior to ignition.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Jet wrote:
Ok, doing some research on the Equus tach. It can be calibrated for 1-2-3-4-5-6-8 and 12 cylinder engines plus coil on plug. That being said, it does have a lot of bad reports, so it may be that it is just a shitty product. It is 59 bucks!!!!!!
Fear not, Steve S will walk 9 thumbs jet through an install and I have faith, it will work. Ok, jack said that last part. Lol.

sunny Well jack, pleased to meetcha at last. You sure are one brave fellow with all this faith stuff. We will be sure that you are the first over the berm when scouting time comes.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 11:49 pm

I love it! It's all your fault steves. Lol.  2016508534 show me the way It's all your fault steves. Lol.  2016508534
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 6:40 am

well, the tach arrived yesterday. i have family (son,daughter in law and 2 grandsons) in town this weekend so i doubt i will have time to start on the install untill next weekend. ordered it monday and arrived thursday-----not bad.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 12:16 am

Black Rhino has a complete kit for 700
,10,000rpm non inductive tach that they say is very east to install weather and shock resistant,but they say it will not work with a Dynatek ignition module.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's all your fault steves. Lol.    It's all your fault steves. Lol.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's all your fault steves. Lol.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM :: Safety :: Roll Cages and Safety Equipment-
Jump to: