HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Vote_lcaptip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Voting_bartip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Vote_lcaptip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Voting_bartip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly

Go down 
+3
madmax 1
Stuntmanmike
RHINOMOON
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RHINOMOON

RHINOMOON

tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Empty
PostSubject: tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly   tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 12:22 pm

When i did mine, i took everything off except the plastic piece that surrounds the primary and secondary clutches. all i did was take the "breather tube" off that is directly on top of wet clutch assembly and used my lil scraper and put it in the "breather hole" and between the two halves and gave it a tap. and it split nicely, i first of tryed using two needle nose plyers inserted in the bolt holes, the whole rhino was shaking as i was trying to pull it off. hope u guys understand what im talking about.. i wish i took piks..hope this helps. if someone can post a pik.. that be great.
Back to top Go down
Stuntmanmike

Stuntmanmike

PostSubject: Re: tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly   tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:55 pm

Not real sure what your trying to say, as you can't even get to the wet clutch untill the primary clutch is removed. The 700 has a hole on the top for the breather tube, but the 660 is on the low backside. I think pic's would deffinatly help.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly   tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 3:09 pm

not real sure either,maybe you could tear it back apart for some pics, lol!
Back to top Go down
RHINOMOON

RHINOMOON

PostSubject: Re: tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly   tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 pm

hmmm haha.. i have a 700.. after taking the primary sheaves off. your left with the shaft sticking out. and a drum looking thing. thats the wet clutch assembly. remove tube. and insert thin scraper from the top.
tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRZGuJMD3jPkgCXTYQeMx3nBFaMpHFVkeDVpDZwPOJ6V_hA5hk
(pik stolen from internet ,its a grizzly) but you get the idea, i hope
Back to top Go down
Stuntmanmike

Stuntmanmike

PostSubject: Re: tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly   tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 8:19 pm

OK, Now I understand, That is a good Tip, as that cover can be a bitch to get off some times. cheers
Back to top Go down
RHINOMOON

RHINOMOON

PostSubject: Re: tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly   tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 9:32 pm

stuntman mike approved. haha .BTW sluggin that thing was a great mod.
Back to top Go down
Stuntmanmike

Stuntmanmike

PostSubject: Re: tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly   tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 9:40 pm

Glad to hear you like it, Now go blow away some Rzr's tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly 2016508534
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly   tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Good info for us newbies. Any way to reuse gasket if it stays intack? Or is one that you always replace? That answer is the only thing keeping me from opening it up, to slug and just get a good look at the whole CVT operation. I don't want to be down, waiting on a gasket.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly   tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:38 pm

get gasket , you don't want to risk it
Back to top Go down
RHINOMOON

RHINOMOON

PostSubject: Re: tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly   tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:11 am

must get a gasket, and its also a good time to get some fresh oil for your rhino too since you must drain it all.
Back to top Go down
RHINOMOON

RHINOMOON

PostSubject: Re: tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly   tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:13 am

Stuntmanmike wrote:
Glad to hear you like it, Now go blow away some Rzr's tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly 2016508534

well i can keep up to my buddies 700 grizzly's. so thats gotta be a start. He used to blow my doors off, but now hes pretty impressed what my rhino has become. Ill try to hunt down some rzrs this summer.. well if summer ever shows up. Haha
Back to top Go down
EddieMc

EddieMc

PostSubject: Re: tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly   tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:26 pm

yeh i learned the hard way i pryed my "drum" off and cracked it fml
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly   tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:10 am

guess I got lucky then when I slugged mine. my assembly was on there like concrete. after trying several different ways to separate it,  I finally had to use a heel bar very carefully in 3 spots to slowly break it free. didn't break or crack the drum though.Smile thankfully lol

but yea always make sure to have a new gasket on hand if you plan on going into the wet clutch. some guys managed to keep the gasket intact and reuse it, but better to plan on that NOT happening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly   tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tip on splitiing wet clutch assmbly
Page 1 of 1