HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
My full review of the JBS sheave kit Vote_lcapMy full review of the JBS sheave kit Voting_barMy full review of the JBS sheave kit Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
My full review of the JBS sheave kit Vote_lcapMy full review of the JBS sheave kit Voting_barMy full review of the JBS sheave kit Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
09 700 not charging when running
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

My full review of the JBS sheave kit

Go down 
+7
foyota86
WV Hot Rod Rhino
banchee6
Kenny G
Firefighter
gullyjumper
chuddly
11 posters
AuthorMessage
chuddly

chuddly

My full review of the JBS sheave kit Empty
PostSubject: My full review of the JBS sheave kit   My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:31 am

When I decided to pick up a JBS sheave kit for my Yamaha Rhino I was a little bit skeptical whether it would live up to the hype that had been built up around it. I never really heard JBS make any claims on it but other people made it sound as if it was Jesus returned and that if the sheave had fingers it could snap them and magical healthy and good tasting bacon would rain from the heavens. But being the gullible person I am I decided to give it a shot. At about $330 for the kit it’s a fair amount to spend not knowing what you will really get.
The crew at JBS took my order and payment with little more than a couple emails. I also have to input here that im not a huge buyer and even when I had questions before buying anything from them James at JBS was more than willing to listen to my questions which im sure he has heard 1000 times and answer them to the fullest. I had a ride planned (Saturday) 7 days from the day I placed my order and I held little hope of having the parts arrive and installed before the ride but I still against all other odds hoped they would show. Low and be hold on Thursday the patron saint of packages had shown up, Saint USPS had left me a little box of joy containing my kit. I quickly knew I had to get the kit on there but being as it was 10pm and I have to get up at 4am for my normal job I decided to cancel my plans I had for Friday night and put my parts on then.
Installation was pretty straight forward as I had already watched the videos that JBS had posted on the internet throughout the week in preparation for my parts arrival. It took me right at an hour to put all the parts on which consisted of a new machined sheave, new spring, new sliders, and some crazy looking weights. Also in the box were a JBS sticker and can coozy with the JBS logo on it. Im pretty sure I paid the $330 for the sticker and the coozy and the parts are free. The sun was setting and I wanted to get out and play on my land a little before it got to dark incase I had a problem.
I backed the Rhino out and first made about a half throttle run down the drive way toward my road. Everything seemed good but the Rhino felt different, I decided that the road would be my first testing of it. I romped on the skinny pedal and was rewarded with the same growl the Rhino has always had but rest of my senses told me I was moving through space much faster than before. The take off was great and better than before but what I enjoyed even more was that I had a higher top speed at a lower RPM. What kind of black magic was in that USPS box ( I can only assume it all works because it spent time in the box with the can coozy)? I thought this was great but most of my riding is trails and I really wanted lower end grunt more than anything.
I pulled off into a section of my woods that has a creek/swap area that never dries but is still solid ground and we also have some trails cut in there that are good dry trails. I dropped into the wet stuff and quickly figured out that I REALLY liked this new set up. I found that with the crazy shaped weights if I wanted to just cruise, the rhino would do so and act quite tame. But when you mash the throttle its almost like another gear or nitrous kicking in…its just so much more power on demand! With the locked rear end I was throwing 2 rooster tails of grass and mud out of the back end of the Rhino on command. It was as if 2 hippies were strapped to the back of my Rhino that had lived on tofu their whole life and now they were fed only spicy Mexican and Indian food…..the vegetation was flying! I played in the woods for about 15 min and decided I should call it a night because I had other things to do. But I would continue my testing on tomorrows planned ride.
Saturday arrives and I do my list of “honey-do” chores so I can go out and play. I find it funny that we as married men resort back to the way it was as children where we can’t go out and play until we do our chores….but I digress. The place I went to was a mix of steep long grades some mud and some creek riding to be done. As I was unloading my Rhino at the owners home he made the comment that it was nice but you would never get him to have one of those because they weren’t as fun as his quads. I explained the reason I had it was so that my kids could enjoy riding with me as they were too young to get out and tackle the big stuff that I always wanted to ride (no kids with me this day though). He shrugged it off and made the comment of “to each their own”. As I was being led around the trails he started off slow and then kept getting faster and faster through the trails which I was fine with because I was there to blow off some steam. The JBS kit worked far better than I could have imagined. The long steep hills (about 40 degree angle and 100 feet tall) were no match for it. I would mash the gas and just shoot up the hills slinging dirt and rocks the whole way. The creek riding was great also because with the slower tamer speed I could push right through the deeper water and not worry. After a couple hours of riding I told him to take the Rhino for a spin and see what he thought while I hung out by the fire. He was gone for about 20 min and then I hear the Rhino ripping down the trail heading back to where we all were. He had a huge smile on his face as he pulled up and parked. He then said that was far more fun than he had thought it would be and went on about talking to the others. As the night progressed he kept talking about the Rhino and even asked me if I would be willing to sell it to him. I politely declined of course.
Before the JBS kit was installed I thought I was doing pretty good with my Rhino. I had plenty of ground clearance, power, and traction. Now that I have the JBS kit on there I realize that traction is now something I lack and I need to get some new shoes for the Rhino so I can fully utilized the power that I have coming out the back end of this all new feeling machine that I have fallen in love with all over again.
Back to top Go down
gullyjumper

PostSubject: Re: My full review of the JBS sheave kit   My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:19 am

Good write up, I have it and the msd-3d installed now. Some day I hope to have a jbs cam if I could find someone who knew how in my area and not charge a whole lot. affraid
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: My full review of the JBS sheave kit   My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:35 am

Very nicely done !
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: My full review of the JBS sheave kit   My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Chuddy, Best not let the little woman get her hands on this review, it might spark a little jealousy. The JBS crew does it again. I love you My full review of the JBS sheave kit 2016508534
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: My full review of the JBS sheave kit   My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Oh I so know the feeling you are feeling.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: My full review of the JBS sheave kit   My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:11 pm

nice!!! thanks!!
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: My full review of the JBS sheave kit   My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:17 pm

Very nicely written! Now I want one even more. I love the child reference and chores. Heck, I am thinking about picking up a few yards to mow to have Rhino money! Great write up!
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: My full review of the JBS sheave kit   My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:22 pm

My full review of the JBS sheave kit 2016508534 sounds like a blast
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: My full review of the JBS sheave kit   My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:41 am

Wow!, If you were not sold on those sheaves you should be now,can't wait. Smile
Back to top Go down
wycomtman

PostSubject: Re: My full review of the JBS sheave kit   My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 4:19 pm

James has my bike now installing sheave, CID, cam, etc. I can't wait to put my foot in the throttle. How's it comin along James?
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: My full review of the JBS sheave kit   My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:45 pm

James's sheeve is the best performance mod for the rhino..
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: My full review of the JBS sheave kit   My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:54 pm

Sheave is in going to try it on Sunday in Calabogie trails,Ontario.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My full review of the JBS sheave kit   My full review of the JBS sheave kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My full review of the JBS sheave kit
Page 1 of 1