HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 44 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 44 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
I need some better shocks!!!!!! Vote_lcapI need some better shocks!!!!!! Voting_barI need some better shocks!!!!!! Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
I need some better shocks!!!!!! Vote_lcapI need some better shocks!!!!!! Voting_barI need some better shocks!!!!!! Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I need some better shocks!!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tjt603

tjt603

I need some better shocks!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: I need some better shocks!!!!!!   I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Sometimes i bottom out. What are some good heavy duty shocks that are a fair price i can go with ? Or can i just go with a better shock spring ?
Back to top Go down
watrsmkr

PostSubject: Re: I need some better shocks!!!!!!   I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Progressive 425 or Progressive 425HD are good and not too expensive if you shop around. I have seen them on ebay for about 580.00 for a set of four from Apex Racing. Basketball
Back to top Go down
tjt603

tjt603

PostSubject: Re: I need some better shocks!!!!!!   I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:40 pm

thanks ill check them out.
Back to top Go down
hymarker

hymarker

PostSubject: Re: I need some better shocks!!!!!!   I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:16 am

I picked up some hd springs from James, they ride better than stock and i dont bottom out any more. About half the price of the progressives.
Back to top Go down
Pokahpolice

Pokahpolice

PostSubject: Re: I need some better shocks!!!!!!   I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:57 am

The best option if you don't have $600 for Progressives is Teryx shocks. They are about $180 on Ebay, brand new take offs.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2013-Kawasaki-Teryx-Shocks-new-OEM-/290879087585?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b9bea3e1&vxp=mtr

IMPORTANT; if you decide to go with these shocks there are a few things you need to know and understand. They are NOT just bolt on and go shocks. The front will bolt on with no issues. The rears are a different story. They have to be mounted upsidedown and you have to grind down the width of the bushings. They are not easy to get bolted up. Once you get them seated the bottom mount bolt will hit the axle. Easy fix - some guys are finding smaller head bolts that don't hit. I cut the head off the bolt and welded a flat washer on the end. Then used an impact to tighten. Also important - these shock are longer and provide additional lift. Great but it also extends the angle of your CVs to just about the max they can handle. Don't use cheap aftermarket CVs or you'll have issues. The stock OEM CVs work very well with this set up.

The shocks are much stiffer and give you about 2-3 inch lift. I have jumped my 4 seat Rhino and don't bottom out. When you first get them they are super stiff but will break in nicely. If you can deal with all the hassle of mounting them they are a great option! I'll never have to worry about suspension and when I bought these they were only $100.

Last edited by Pokahpolice on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I spell like a 5 year old!)
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: I need some better shocks!!!!!!   I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:02 am

hymarker wrote:
I picked up some hd springs from James, they ride better than stock and i dont bottom out any more. About half the price of the progressives.

can you provide more information about these?
i only bottom out when i try to go too fast over ruts and holes, so maybe that's a good thing, because if i didn't slow down i would probably break something anyway.
Back to top Go down
hymarker

hymarker

PostSubject: Re: I need some better shocks!!!!!!   I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:18 pm

What you want to know? I have a four seater in the summer and with the additional weight i too was bottoming out. And during hunting season with tracks, hauling out elk in the back of the rhino, again i was bottoming out. I think the greatly improved the ride and i no longer bottom out. They do give additional height to the rhino, which i like for ground clearance, but doesnt feel top heavy. They are kind of a bitch to change out the springs, but i did all four in about 2 hours. If you decide to go this way, let me know and i can point you in the right direction of how to do it yourself. Talk to james about the hd epi springs, he has a good price on them. Let me know if i can answer anything specific about them.
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: I need some better shocks!!!!!!   I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:27 pm

are they just a stiffer ride or are they still a progressive spring rate?
what tools would i need?
Back to top Go down
hymarker

hymarker

PostSubject: Re: I need some better shocks!!!!!!   I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 12:35 am

Dont know the specs, ask James for all that, he may know. I used 3 ratchet straps to compress the spings to get them apart. Thats it, aside from the tools needed to take the shocks off of the rhino. Just dont get into a hurry trying to get the springs off and it is pretty easy. I really like the ride that i got out of it. Imo, way better than stock for my riding style.
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: I need some better shocks!!!!!!   I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 1:19 pm

hymarker wrote:
Dont know the specs, ask James for all that, he may know. I used 3 ratchet straps to compress the spings to get them apart. Thats it, aside from the tools needed to take the shocks off of the rhino. Just dont get into a hurry trying to get the springs off and it is pretty easy. I really like the ride that i got out of it. Imo, way better than stock for my riding style.

did some searchin' for EPI. evidently it's a pretty common application. last time i loaded mine up with firewood it bottomed out big time.

how do you think it would work if i only bumped up the back and left the front stock? with a stiffer rear end it might not understeer as much, too.
Back to top Go down
hymarker

hymarker

PostSubject: Re: I need some better shocks!!!!!!   I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 am

I think it would be fine. Sounds like they are just what you need! I have really liked mine for the price!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need some better shocks!!!!!!   I need some better shocks!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need some better shocks!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1