HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Looking for a better holeshot Vote_lcapLooking for a better holeshot Voting_barLooking for a better holeshot Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Looking for a better holeshot Vote_lcapLooking for a better holeshot Voting_barLooking for a better holeshot Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
09 700 not charging when running
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Go down 
+27
scottwv
T.Rhino
ktm4life
rhino727
09-rhino700
Workhorserhino
Rhino stomper
UnderDawg
madmax 1
ChrisH
banchee6
rhino bob
Tunderslimer
Whitey
Snorider
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
RiverRat
123.bert0621
RHINOMOON
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
chuddly
08Rhino450SE
Firefighter
thePayne
WV Hot Rod Rhino
thekevin
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
thekevin

thekevin

Looking for a better holeshot Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:30 am

Lets see if I get some more responses over here on this forum.

I tried my hand at TT racing last night and I was against all RZR 800s's. I managed a 3rd in my heat and in the main but they smoked me off the line and pulled me on the big turns and a little bit on the long straights. I am thinking about possible running some nitrous for the holeshot and the straights. Since we put in the Stage 3 cam my first 6 feet or so is just terrible before it starts making power but it really woke up the mid and top range. Below are my current timing and fuel curves, I am running a mix of u4.4 and 91 E0 fuel at 95.8 octane. I think if I can get into decent position on the holeshot I can hang with these guys. I am also posting a video of the race so you can see how bad they pulled me on take off and going in to the big corners. Any input on the nitrous idea of any other tweaking I could do would be greatly appreciated, I really hate seeing these RZR's beat me like that.  How much back pressure do these motors like, I took my Gibson muffler off and drilled 3x 1/2" holes into the restrictor plate but I am thinking about just cutting that restrictor plate out since I will just be running this muffler for racing. 

Looking for a better holeshot Fuel_zps234ad2b6
Looking for a better holeshot Timing_zps7339eed9
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:49 am

what weights...i can fix you a sheave for hole shots
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:50 am

Im running 16s now.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:03 am

14psi in the front 15-16 in the rear...preload set higher in the front...then you could have passed one every lap on the high side in turn one..better controller will help out of the hole too... great job for first race..i see you going to the front in the future....and doing it in a rhino is what i like to do..what secondary spring...i can get you out front!!!
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:12 am

He is still running stock secondary spring but I think he is supposed to be getting a gold spring and the wet clutch slugged this week which I think will help him some.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:14 am

stock spring with cam sux!!
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:18 am

I agree I smoked him off the line before I had JBS sheave with my stock sheave and gold spring and yamaha 14gr weights. I been telling him for a month to change that DAMN spring out and I think he needs the slugged wet clutch too mine being so heavy in combination with your sheave is freaking awesome now on take off and lugging around.
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:34 am

I was running 13psi all the way around then.  I also hadn't tried to shed any weight, I had a winch on and all of my metal skid plates.  I am going to strip a couple hundred pounds before the next race.  Rodney is right, tomorrow a gold spring and kms wet clutch weights go in.  I have some beat up plastics on the way so I am going to do a bed delete and quite a bit of trimming on the hood.  I am also going to chop the cage. 

What about intake and exhaust, I opened up my exhaust some but I am thinking about opening it up some more.  I was also going to put an air filter directly on the throttle body when I race.
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:37 am

lol and so it begins at least leave a Yamaha decal on it somewhere so people know what it is!!
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:40 am

No doubt.  I love those kolpin fender flares for trail riding but they caused my hood to bend up going over those jumps.  You can see it on my SE stickers where it folded it up.  Ill post some videos tonight of the last race from the track I am going to Friday night and when you see those guys hitting each other you will see why I am swapping plastics.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:58 am

you need some of the 15s i got coming too..and a big JBS on the side Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:05 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
you need some of the 15s i got coming too..and a big JBS on the side Dancing Banana

he's not the only one that needs a big JBS sticker on the side hell I want one to cover my whole hood!!
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Wouldn't a set of  25 in tires help a bunch also....more low end....
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:12 pm

Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:23 pm

If that nos kit was half that price it would have already been on the way.  I am really leaning toward some spray on the holeshot and some spray on the straights.  Those rzr's wouldnt know what hit them.

As far as wheels/tires, I thought about swapping back to 25's but I sold my tac black wheels already and wouldnt the 25/12 combo have more sidewall flex than the 26/14s.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:29 pm

yep... 12/25s will do alot better
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:31 pm

ported head is what you need...lol..i have them
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:32 pm

James is trying to spend all my money.

Are the ported heads bare and use my valves and springs.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:37 pm

no..the valves are bigger and different springs...set up right you can drive around them on the straits...the bazazz would help alot with your tune for starters
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:40 pm

With the bazzaz wouldn't I have to run the factory dynafs timing curve.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:57 pm

you should be able to use it for timing and the bazazz for fuel...thats how i set them up
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:02 pm

you didnt NEED all that money you had anyway.....paying bills is optional right?
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:18 pm

he can sell his neighbor half of his house...lol
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:24 pm

to soon...lol
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:28 pm

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
he can sell his neighbor half of his house...lol

His neighbor no longer owns half his house he got that squared away by spending some of his rhino money on paper work and surveyors!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a better holeshot   Looking for a better holeshot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM :: General Rhino :: General Rhino Discussion-
Jump to: