HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Factory Windshield Vote_lcapFactory Windshield Voting_barFactory Windshield Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Factory Windshield Vote_lcapFactory Windshield Voting_barFactory Windshield Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Factory Windshield

Go down 
+6
123.bert0621
Firefighter
T.Rhino
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Hump
lost|concept
10 posters
AuthorMessage
lost|concept

Factory Windshield Empty
PostSubject: Factory Windshield   Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 12:36 am

I picked up a factory full windshield this weekend. I am curious how fragile these things are. Do they scratch up really easy? Is there any way in hell to put a wiper on it or would it destroy it? In the winter time I will be running this thing in blizzard conditions at night on lakes (a lot of times 5-20 miles out) and I really want to have good visibility for safety reasons. Im not a fan of drowning/dying of hypothermia.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

Factory Windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factory Windshield   Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 2:14 am

I would say a wiper may scuff it up really bad. Most people around here put a good coat of rainx on them and carry water or washer fluid and paper towels to clean them. I know James has ran the yamaha full shield for a long time and loves them. I think one will do you good as long as you don't run a wiper, or try to clean it off without some sort of cleaner.
Back to top Go down
lost|concept

Factory Windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factory Windshield   Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 8:47 am

Yeah my other thought was to possibly coat it with that 3M clear shield. I just wasn't sure how easy they scratched.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

Factory Windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factory Windshield   Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 9:23 am

they are tuff but for some reason if you use a squeegee it will scratch the shit out of it..well ever how you spell it...lol...use paper towels and water even if its muddy
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

Factory Windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factory Windshield   Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 11:29 am

I have went threw several windshield and never had one last maybe one winter and they start fogging up and getting scratched so bad you can't see threw them. Then I bought the yamaha one from James and its always clear as a bell. Will never buy a nother one other then it
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

Factory Windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factory Windshield   Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Some boat accessory shops have wipers that are suppose to be for lexan. Haven't tried so I don't have a clue if they scratch.

The factory shields are a very good grade of Lexan and hold up very well. Like others have said, don't dry wipe them. I carry a microfiber towel and just stop at a creek or pond, get the towel wet, wipe off shield, follow with paper towel......Crystal clear !
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

Factory Windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factory Windshield   Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 11:40 pm

Any sand or abrasive material on the windshield or wiper will destroy it in short time,carry water with you instead and rince it on the trail. At home hose it before washing and it should last you along time.
Back to top Go down
Rhinofire13

Rhinofire13

Factory Windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factory Windshield   Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:23 am

I have a koplin window shield seems to be working good. Few weeks ago my youngest son cleaning the window dry. I stopped him before he got to the drivers side. He was just try to do some thing nice for me. I can't be mad at him but I did teach him to use water.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

Factory Windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factory Windshield   Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:35 pm

I only run mine in the colder months made mine from 1/4"laxan , get to hot and clostraphobic in the warmer months likre the air in my face , guess i'm like my dogs lol!
Back to top Go down
Snorhino

Snorhino

Factory Windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factory Windshield   Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:55 pm

Rain ex helps run a lot in snow on the lakes don't have issues with snow sticking
Back to top Go down
Rhinofire13

Rhinofire13

Factory Windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factory Windshield   Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:58 pm

Good Ida on the rain x
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

Factory Windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factory Windshield   Factory Windshield Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Get u a piece of mr10 and use your windshield as a template,and cut u a new one out of the scratch resistant mr10!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Factory Windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factory Windshield   Factory Windshield Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Factory Windshield
Page 1 of 1