HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
James take a look at these Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
James take a look at these Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
James take a look at these Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
James take a look at these Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
James take a look at these Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
James take a look at these Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
James take a look at these Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
James take a look at these Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
James take a look at these Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
James take a look at these Vote_lcapJames take a look at these Voting_barJames take a look at these Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
James take a look at these Vote_lcapJames take a look at these Voting_barJames take a look at these Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

James take a look at these

Go down 
+5
Junglerider
WV Hot Rod Rhino
heavychevy
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
chuddly
9 posters
AuthorMessage
chuddly

chuddly

James take a look at these Empty
PostSubject: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:27 pm

I talked to James on the phone yesterday because it feels like I may have some weight flop going on. I couldn't tell you for sure because I have never had this before. But my rhino will run up in rpm and speed to about 10 mph then it feels like it grabs another gear and goes without the rpm changing. plus it doesn't have quite as much low end as I want. I top out at 52 mph but I would give up some of that for more low end no question. James thought it might be the fixed sheave or the plate and asked me to take pictures of them. I told him I would post them on here so that if anyone else had the problem they might be able to see it on here and save asking question.....maybe. James I did find that my o-ring around the sheave is no longer among the living so im going to need one of those too but we will just throw it in with what ever part I need.
James take a look at these 20130521_184756_zpse36073f9
James take a look at these 20130521_184803_zpscaa9690f
James take a look at these 20130521_184824_zps4abf60fe
James take a look at these 20130521_184845_zpse3b454d6
James take a look at these 20130521_184851_zpscfbb5752
James take a look at these 20130521_185533_zps7c43b4dc
James take a look at these 20130521_185540_zpsa8fb314a
James take a look at these 20130521_185800_zps661868f9
James take a look at these 20130521_185807_zpsfea83856
James take a look at these 20130521_185813_zpsa52a1a82
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:42 pm

I know that my rhino feels like its in low until 10 mph then it kicks up. Did you mill out the extra webbing in the sheave yet for more low end?
Back to top Go down
heavychevy

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:48 pm

man those threads look hooped. Or is it just the picture that makes em look bad. Thought it was the spline at first but am thinking there just aint much left for threads. Was the nut tight when you took it off or is that when the carnage happened?
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:12 am

heavychevy wrote:
man those threads look hooped. Or is it just the picture that makes em look bad. Thought it was the spline at first but am thinking there just aint much left for threads. Was the nut tight when you took it off or is that when the carnage happened?

No carnage at all....threads are good. its just the picture that makes them look like that. When my o-ring around the sheave and weights went away it let grease go all over the inside so its got some grease on those threads from me handling it but they are in good shape.
Back to top Go down
heavychevy

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:10 am

ok from the picture it looks like they are gone lol other than that i dont see nothing wrong but im no expert
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:31 am

you need to sand the fixed and the camplate looks a little worn....the grease could have been some of it...measure the belt now and make sure its good....post some pics of the side of the belt
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:41 am

The fixed sheave has some ridges in it from wear. The belt is new from about 2 months ago with maybe 20 miles on it. what kind of sanding on the fixed and cam plate?
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:14 am

even with 20 miles if it got grease on the belt it could be worn
Back to top Go down
Junglerider

Junglerider

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Are those cam plate sliders on upside down?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jungleatv.com
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:27 pm

they are!!
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:56 am

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
they are!!
will that make any difference or is it just something im in there next time to flip um?
Back to top Go down
UnderDawg

UnderDawg

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:19 am

I make the same mistake on my Kodiak and it allowed the belt to ride higher in the secondary and rub the cover.....but man was it geared low.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:15 am

So your saying that with them flipped like they are i am getting MORE low end gearing? NO WAY because i dont have enough low end right now.
Back to top Go down
UnderDawg

UnderDawg

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 1:59 pm

No Sir, I'm not saying that's your case, but my belt ran 1mm higher than it does now and my belt ratio was 3.25/1 when they were in backwards. My belt ratio is now a tolerable 3/1 with a new belt and the sliders in right. (Thanks to James)
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 2:27 pm

chuddly wrote:
WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
they are!!
will that make any difference or is it just something im in there next time to flip um?

I think with them upside down they are hitting the fins early and killing Your low end. I would definitely pull it apart and turn them over. It may have even allowed a weight to flop over
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 2:59 pm

i think they are too tight and sticking and the fixed needs sanded
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Do i just run some like 180 grit on a DA on it to sand it or what?
Back to top Go down
PA. GRIZZLY

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:09 pm

Some guys scuff them with scotch-brite pads, I used something like that on a rotary die grinder, worked great.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:17 pm

chuddly wrote:
Do i just run some like 180 grit on a DA on it to sand it or what?

i use a DA sander...180 then 220....DA gets it alot straighter...
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:24 pm

Junglerider wrote:
Are those cam plate sliders on upside down?

Thank JBS for this forum. I'm cleaning my cvt system with parts from Hotrod. In the last week I did a lot of reading and watching his vids. I had my sliders in backwards also according to this post. Now I'll correct it. I wouldn't be doing this tonight if it wasn't for Hotrods super service. Order on Monday- get parts Wednesday. Cool. I'm gonna try and do a thread on this clutch mantinence with pics. Maybe we can help the next guy with this. Thanks to everyone on here and Hotrod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James take a look at these   James take a look at these Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James take a look at these
Page 1 of 1