HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Vote_lcapMud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Voting_barMud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Vote_lcapMud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Voting_barMud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride

Go down 
+6
rhino727
madmax 1
WV Hot Rod Rhino
REDRHINO64
RhinoGT350
ChrisH
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisH

ChrisH

Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Empty
PostSubject: Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride   Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 3:05 am

One of the local mud parks had an event weekend. I had a chance to meet up with a couple of fellow forum members, JRLoos and laytoncarrol, and do some riding. Before I get to a few pics that I took I wanted to say that these guys are top-notch fellows. Plus, just riding with them was a blast.

Here I was coming in the gate. I had never seen this place so packed. Mud Buddy's is only a couple of hundred acres, and I bet there were 200+ people out there. It was pretty epic.

Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Photo1_zpse17294d4

The weather was pretty bad - there a few severe thunderstorms in the area, it was thundering, and light to moderate rain all day - IT WAS PERFECT WEATHER FOR TO GO MUDDIN'! The trails were a blast. Some parts of the trail were extremely slick. You could punch the gas in 2WD at 15MPH and just instantly get sideways. There were a few times I thought I'd plow into a tree going sideways on the trails because I was sliding all over the place. Note to others: lifted Rhino on stock wheels and Bighorns can get a little hairy on off camber sweeping curves! LoL

JRLoos had his son with him and he had a blast. His long-travel suspension and extra width was an animal out on the trails. I could not come close to keeping up with him even though I have a little more motor than he. His Rhino could power around corners and he could stay in the gas when I was gripping the steering wheel praying that I don't end up on my side when my back wheels finally decide to grab traction. Overall, we did all kinds of trails and rode in some water.

We had a chance to ride with some RZRs in the woods. Yall boys better listen to James when he says the RZR ain't all that in the woods; James is right. I had probably the worst handling UTV out of our group because I am still waiting on my new wheels and tires and I am too tall and too narrow for any hardcore trail riding. But even I was able to stay right with the 50" RZRs. JRLoos could have utterly blown them away as his Rhino runs good with the cam and throttle body and stock exhaust. The riding was just PURE AWESOMENESS!

Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Photo2_zps61554c12

The only time JRLoos go in a bind was when he came around a corner too hot. The trails were slick so I could see him overshoot the banked curve with the brakes locked up. He went sideways into this mud pit. The back tires were in a hole of bottomless silt and the fronts were up on the trail. But the trail was just to slick for the front Bighorns to drag the rest of the car up to more solid ground. I was able to easily winch him out with my Viper 5000.

Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Photo2_zps79564d15

Out in the river was whole new ball game. It is a minor river, more akin to a creek, with a coarse sandy bottom that is extremely loose. It's easy to mess up and spin down to the frame in, oh, about 2 seconds. One of the RZRs in our group spun down coming out of a deeper hole and got stuck. Another RZR tried to pull him out with a tow strap but ended up getting stuck, himself in the process. It was pretty cool. Luckily, I had a strong winch and was able to recover the RZR. Check out this pic I took of the front RZR attempting to tow out the first stuck RZR.

Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Rzr_zps02777c0d

I also had a chance to ride with laytoncarrol and his group. Back out on the trails after the weather cleared up found lots more mud. One of the stock Rhino 700s found a hole and the stock tires could not claw their way out. This pic is of layton's 2013 Rhino 700 with a 3" catvos lift on 30" Zillas towing him out.

Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Photo3_zpsbe319f80

Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Stuck_zps20af2238

And finally, we found a huge group of riders out at the pond chilling out and driving through deep water. I was a little too late, but here you can see him coming out of the water. He was driving in water over the doors.

Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Photo4_zps7887ee73

Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Lay_zps3f249375

So, there you go. That's all the pics I have. I did want to say I had a chance to do some racing on the sand dragstrip. The 734 build in my Rhino did not disappoint. I beat a couple of RZR 800s easily. I also raced a Ranger 800 XP and beat him real bad. I raced two different Honda Rincons and beat them. The 734cc big bore kit runs extremely well, and I still have the stock head and stock valve springs and had the huge whisper cores in my Muzzys which do rob some power. I can only dream of trying out this build with a good ported head and some oversize valves.

Thanks for reading along.

Chris
Back to top Go down
RhinoGT350

RhinoGT350

PostSubject: Re: Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride   Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 4:04 am

wow that sure looked fun
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride   Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 8:08 am

Awesome!!Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride 2016508534
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride   Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 8:15 am

nice pics!!
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride   Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:05 am

wow looks like a great time , awesome pics man thanks for the post
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride   Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:39 am

that there is our kind of ride,looks like a lot of fun to be had Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride 2016508534
Back to top Go down
RHINOMOON

RHINOMOON

PostSubject: Re: Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride   Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 8:57 pm

NIICE!
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Hot Rod
Admin
Mrs. Hot Rod

PostSubject: Re: Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride   Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:15 pm

Wow ... Great pics Chris!!! Looks like y'all had the 1st annual Hot Rod Forums Ride Texas edition =) Mud Buddies is an awesome charity too!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride   Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:50 pm

Wow looks like a great time, thanks for sharing! Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride 2016508534
Back to top Go down
honda450sfm

honda450sfm

PostSubject: Re: Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride   Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:33 pm

Very nice write up and pics!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride   Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mud Buddy's Memorial Weekend Ride
Page 1 of 1