HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Vote_lcapDoes anyone on here know much abour real estate law Voting_barDoes anyone on here know much abour real estate law Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Vote_lcapDoes anyone on here know much abour real estate law Voting_barDoes anyone on here know much abour real estate law Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law

Go down 
+7
WV Hot Rod Rhino
flimmy
08Rhino450SE
chuddly
ASPENDELLROVER
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
thekevin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
thekevin

thekevin

Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:39 am

One of my neighbors was having a property line dispute with one of his neighbors and had a survey done and come to find out his property line runs right through the middle of my $250k house.  Our subdivision is 5 years old and I bought this house a little less than 2 years ago.  The guy hasn't said much to me yet but I am really expecting him to want some money out of the deal and I expect it to be a lot.  I am wondering if there is a statute of limitation on property lines like that or if I can go back on the person that I bought the house from if something comes of this.
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 1:07 am

I don't know about other areas but in CA I think they have it to where if you have building on someone elses land for 5 years or more it becomes yours if they didn't say anything or something.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/statute-limitations-quitclaim-deed-6774.html
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 1:11 am

Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 1:45 am

dont give him your rhino...lol
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 1:53 am

I would be more likely to give him that part of the house and just walk away.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 6:55 am

wasnt a survey done when you bought it?  You could probably go back on the people you got it from if they sold you a house not on their property.  from what i have been told by a couple survey guys all their work is just "best guess" dont take what that one said for gospel ....get it checked your self.  I had one survey guy say that if you had 5 surveyors do the same plot of ground they would come up with 7 different results.
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:10 am

in ohio, if it's registered land you would be screwed. if not, after 10 years you're o.k. there is a difference. not sure about missouri.
talk to a lawyer. a good one (?) will give you a free initial consultation. be careful, though, a lot of times they suck you in and bleed you for more money. get 2 consults if you don't trust them.
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:07 am

Find out if there is a survey that is on file with your deed at the courthouse. If there is get a copy and have your own survey done.  I know when I built my house 3 yrs ago the bank required me to  have a survey done before I could get the loan and start building to make sure the house was going to be on my property even tho I have 16 ac.'s and its in the middle of it.

Also I know in the county I live in I can go to the county website and look at tax maps online and they show the property lines.

What county do you live in ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:29 am

I wasn't required on this house or my rent house I bought to get a survey done.  I was guessing it was because they were in subdivisions and had the plats already laid out.  After we did some measuring last night and saw how bad off it looked I did some digging on the internet and found where the county assessors website had the maps and I took a screenshot of it and it shows the lines exactly where we measured last night.  I am going to have a survey done because the neighbor on the other side of me only has about 5 ft off the corner of his house that's his according to this.  My house is only 5 years old and everything that I have read so far shows that it takes 10 years in Missouri before you can try to take the land.

Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Propertyline_zpsae6bf4e6
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:33 pm

Who developed the property ?  If it's a big company that's still in business you may want contact them about this
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:36 pm

The developer did all of this in 2005 - 2007 and went under when the economy tanked.  I called and talked to the title company and they said that the title insurance only guarantees that the property is right not that the house is in the right spot.  This is going to chew in to the Rhino funds.  I hope my neighbor will just let me buy the square footage that I need and market value and call it good and not try to rape me.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 1:23 pm

that sux...maybe he will work with you since it was built like that from the beginning...if not he might not like me as a neighbor after it was all settled and wished he wouldnt have been such a ass.lol
Back to top Go down
chalkminer

chalkminer

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:01 pm

There may be an error with the plat map that the county just needs to correct.  That may be frustrating because in most places those guys assume the default position that results in them doing nothing.  They would probably be just fine if you lived the rest of your life with the corner of your house on the neighbor's lot.  While you may not be in a position to claim the property your house is on, your neighbor also would not be in a position to claim the part of your house that is on his lot.  I expect there were permits and inspections for every stage in the development so it is not just the builder's mistake.  I can't see any judge or jury concluding that because your neighbor discovered an error in the plat map that he should be entitled to part of your house.  A friend of mine once discovered his neighbor build a fence about 5 feet over the property line.  The county permited it and signed off on the inspection.  It was only a couple of years later when he bought the property and had a survey done and discovered the situation.   He contacted a lawyer who told him he did not really have a case. Of course this was in Arizona and it never went to court, so I don't know how much comfort it is.
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:09 pm

You need a lawyer asap. People are real finicky when it comes to property. Doesn't sound like you know this neighbor to well either. Consider this, is he or his wife out of work, do they have teenage kids going to college in a couple of years, maybe they just want a nice vacation in Hawaii for 2 wks, him a new truck or her a new car, maybe they want a 20 x 40 inground pool and a deck. Just a few examples. It's a sorry state this country is in about money. The bottom line is, you need to be prepared and legal representation if it comes to that. Right now you need to determine if the property lines are correct or incorrect. Then determine if your house was just staked out and placed in the wrong spot. It could make a difference on who the Judge decides is at fault. It's better to be prepared with all the info and then consider some options, but protect what you paid for.
Back to top Go down
KJrhino

KJrhino

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Lawyer 2x hope for the best and easiest prepare for the worst sorry man that sux
Back to top Go down
Rhinofire13

Rhinofire13

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Get a lawyer
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:18 pm

Better call Saw!! lol!
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:22 am

I had a set down talk with the neighbors tonight and they are really anxious to get their house and they know that until this is cleared up that they can't do that.  I suggested that we have the line surveyed asap and have we would stake out where we want the new line and I will purchase that land from them.  This should be a piece of cake as long as they don't want too much for it but I got the idea from them that they just want it taken care of so that they can get their house on the market.
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 8:56 am

Kevin the fact that they are selling and what it taken care of asap is great news for you.  maybe tell them you will pay for the survey and the cost of taking care of everything in lieu of paying them any money.
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 9:26 am

We are actually splitting survey costs. My lawyer is currently looking to see if there has been a survey since the houses were built and looking to see if there is any other way to recoup my money.
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Well they came out and did the survey yesterday and sure as shit it runs right through my house.  It's going to cost $1500 just in survey costs and document fees at the title company.

Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law 20130617_173126_zps849f755d
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:21 pm

thank goodness you already got the rhino dialed in
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 2:03 pm

tell the neighbors they owe you that percentage of property tax for the last "X" number of years. They have a building on their property they havnt been paying taxes on. If they wont then tell them you are going to have a little meeting with the IRS LOL
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 2:18 pm

i like the way you think Chad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law   Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone on here know much abour real estate law
Page 1 of 1