HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 57 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 57 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
power - More power Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
power - More power Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
power - More power Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
power - More power Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
power - More power Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
power - More power Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
power - More power Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
power - More power Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
power - More power Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
power - More power Vote_lcappower - More power Voting_barpower - More power Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
power - More power Vote_lcappower - More power Voting_barpower - More power Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

More power

Go down 
+7
WV Hot Rod Rhino
rhinofire
flimmy
Vital
REDRHINO64
brewis
Bumpers
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Bumpers

Bumpers

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 2:49 pm

I just finished building my 720 stroker engine and its get... on the hills and in rocks you can actually tell a huge difference in power. I think I have my engine covered and its got great mid and low end power and improved on the upper end a good bit. Ive got it to 57 gps verified thus far and I think it still had a tad more to go I just didn't want to hold it down on a fresh rebuild for a long period of time. only had prolly half tank of gas run through it when I did it.

I was looking at maybe sending my carb to alba or someone to go through it and freshen it up and bore it out possibly with their +4 bore and bigger butterfly. I know they say a 10% gain but real world those of you that have done it have you noticed a increase? I could see it on top end when shes really breathing but anywhere else?

My current setup;

hotrods +4mm stroker crank (weller welded)
alba cylinder(+2)
11to1 cp piston
alba ported head (stock valves)/ ported intake
dual spring kit
mudbuster cam (between stg 1 and 2)
stock airbox with uni/dragonfire hardmount and rais tube
billet middle drive plate
muzzys dual exhaust
msd programmable cdi 26* max timing
and weller fuel kit.

do yall think the carb would add alittle more pep to her step? I mean everything else is flowing more air should I upgrade the carb to top off the package? Looking for real world examples
Back to top Go down
brewis

brewis

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 6:53 pm

I just got mine bored and installed along with an alba pipe.  The power increase was great!  I can't tell you if it's the pipe the carb. or both but they made quite a difference.
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 6:53 pm

I would try the air filter right on the carb for a run down the road....if it runs better you need more volume of air,then ditch the stock air box.add a bigger pipe with a curve in it and unifilter on the end. but it sounds like she is running good!!
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:07 pm

RENEGADE64 wrote:
I would try the air filter right on the carb for a run down the road....if it runs better you need more volume of air,then ditch the stock air box.add a bigger pipe with a curve in it and unifilter on the end. but it sounds like she is running good!!

Ive thought about something similar but sometimes I do wind up in deeper water in rockbottom creeks and stuff and don't want to give my engine a drink. I ran without the lid for alittle while when It was still a 660 and I think I could tell alittle difference but it wasn't much... ive jetted this thing with the air box on it now and it runs strong I was just wondering if doin the carb would help any or not.. I may try it without the lid again and see how it does.

what kid of top speed does yours have? I know mines heavier and I haven't got to top mine out yet but I think it will hit 60
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 8:18 am

60 is great...the fastest mine has ever ran was 62,and it was on a paved road taching about 8500 rpms,im like you,i want the power and torque on the trails and hills.if I can hit 55-60 im happy.enjoy that stroker!!
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 11:32 am

yea im not all concerned about the top speed... just kinda a indicator of power it makes
Back to top Go down
Vital

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:26 pm

You will pick up more power by either boring your carb or better yet, just switching to an HSR 45 carb for the most power.
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:40 pm

Garret , did you split the cases or have someone do it for you ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
Bumpers

Bumpers

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:43 pm

flimmy wrote:
Garret , did you split the cases or have someone do it for you ?

I had a local builder do it... I can swap the top end no problem but I didn't have the faith or a place to tear the engine completely down at the time
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 6:05 pm

anymore input on having the carb done?
Back to top Go down
rhinofire

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 10:10 pm

losing power at 25 to 30mph with my 2006 450 rhino. sounds like rev limiters coming on
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 6:30 pm

so ... im about ready to do this finally... Im running the hotcam btween the stage one and 2 or so im told... would I gain goin to the 3 or does it loes a lot of mid?
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 6:48 pm

rhinofire wrote:
losing power at 25 to 30mph with my 2006 450 rhino. sounds like rev limiters coming on
rev switch is bad
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 10:39 pm

I 've been told that the stage 3 is more for top end an does loose some bottom , my riding I like the stage 1 for more bottom end to mid but with the other mods done it pulls good all the way to top
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 10:55 pm

I have the stage one, throttle body reworked, bazzaz and low mid range is awesome.  All done by JBS. Runs to 59. O-40 pulls strong.  James is swapping throttle body ( he didn't like the one that's on it- I think it's great) but that's just James, he's not happy with his work until he is happy with his work, even though you might be. Lol.  Then again, that's why he is one of the most respected people in the SXS community. after the ride he is doing ported polished head, piston and alba exhaust for me. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  Gonna be sweet.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 2:34 am

rub it in Dave...lol
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 6:51 am

that will be sweet Dave
Back to top Go down
Maddox

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 2:43 pm

I have almost the same set up as you and running a HSR 45 an my rhino is weak as hell. I don't understand what's wrong I'm not into top speed could care less if it topped out at 30 but would like to be able to actually enjoy riding this thing. Seriously lacks power need help maybe carb tuning who knows
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Maddox wrote:
I have almost the same set up as you and running a HSR 45 an my rhino is weak as hell.   I don't understand what's wrong I'm not into top speed could care less if it topped out at 30 but would like to be able to actually enjoy riding this thing.   Seriously lacks power need help maybe carb tuning who knows
same set up as who?
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 11:13 am

mine runs good.. just feel like theres some left on the table since I made this thread Ive ridden one time and it topped out at like 62mph on the speedo wich is really close to what the gps says.

I just think the throttle response could crisp up alittle and any power I could get I wont complain a bit.. plus im pretty sure my 9yr old carb could use some freshening up. It still like the need sticks and dumps too much fuel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

power - More power Empty
PostSubject: Re: More power   power - More power Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More power
Page 1 of 1