HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Can't stop giggling..... Vote_lcapCan't stop giggling..... Voting_barCan't stop giggling..... Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Can't stop giggling..... Vote_lcapCan't stop giggling..... Voting_barCan't stop giggling..... Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Can't stop giggling.....

Go down 
+3
REDRHINO64
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
ooben
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ooben

ooben

Can't stop giggling..... Empty
PostSubject: Can't stop giggling.....   Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 7:59 pm

Just got my JBS sheave put in this morning, not at all difficult, took 2 hours total to do. Anyway, I ran it up and down the road a few times, making sure it didn't explode on me.....

I got back to the shop and I wanted to see if my Rhino would pull the front tires like I have seen in some videos.....here comes the giggling part.....I think it probably would wheelie if the tires weren't spinning....Dancing Banana .....on asphalt yet....Dancing Banana Dancing Banana  ....with street tires....Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana

Can't stop giggling..... SANY1112

I got the sheave to help out with pulling a trailer in the steep mountain roads we have here in Idaho.....but right now I'm having too much fun impressing the kids in the shop doing burnouts.....

Mike
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop giggling.....   Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:05 pm

Nice it will put a smile on your face that's for sure!!! Don't have to worry about those expensive off road tires that's for sure. Nice setup!
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop giggling.....   Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:09 pm

JBS....Smoking them tires!!!cheers
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop giggling.....   Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:13 pm

what kind of rims is that?
Back to top Go down
ooben

ooben

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop giggling.....   Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 12:16 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
what kind of rims is that?

Well James, this may be hard to believe....but they are off an old 1983 Shelby Dodge Charger I used to have.....

I found an outfit that makes wheel adapters...and had them make up a set that goes from 110mm to 100mm, 4x100 is a very common wheel bolt pattern.....

Can't stop giggling..... SANY1105

I run about 20lbs in them, and they seem to be wearing very little. They have taken me anywhere I have wanted to go so far, although I would be a little hesitant to try mudding with them. We drive quite a few paved roads to get to the hills, and I was shocked at how quickly the stock tires were wearing out......

Mike
Back to top Go down
ooben

ooben

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop giggling.....   Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:08 pm

I did some errands at lunch today with my newly JBS equipped Rhino, and I have a few observations that I would like you guys to confirm if I'm getting it right....

1st, and most importantly....starting off in high range feels almost the same as the Rhino did before in low range....
2nd, up to about 25mph, the gearing seems quite a bit lower than stock....
3rd, 26 to 28mph seems about the same...
4th, 30 to 35mph seems noticeably higher geared than stock....
5th, the mid range punch is AWESOME!

I haven't had a chance to do a high speed blast with it yet...but I'm hopeful it has increased from stock. So far, I am absolutely impressed with the Hot Rod Rhino sheave, excellent bang for the buck!

I'm going to try it out in the hills this weekend, and I have no doubt I will probably be even more impressed when we get back, nice work James!

Mike

Last edited by ooben on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop giggling.....   Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:18 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop giggling.....   Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:24 pm

those rims look sweet, who would know a JBS sheave is in there..lol
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop giggling.....   Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 6:27 pm

yea cool rims
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop giggling.....   Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:11 pm

You would be correct on all 5 observations points, plus it wont destroy the belt or cut the clutch cover like some others will. I watched some JBS youtube vids last night as I have some clutch parts coming. They are very informative, I found the one on sheave difference very interesting.
Back to top Go down
ooben

ooben

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop giggling.....   Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Well, we tried out the JBS clutch in a real world situation....the burnouts were fun, but pulling the trailer in the hills is where I really wanted to see how the sheave was working.....and all I can say is.....

WOW!

There aren't enough dancing bananas to express how happy I am with the sheave, it's like having a completely different ride! I weighed the full up weight of the Rhino and trailer, 2550lbs....I think I could have made the trip all in high range if I had tried. I put it in low, just because that's what I have always done. Before the sheave, even in low, it seemed like I was on the wet clutch way more often than I liked, especially when I had to stop to cut a windfall out of the way, and then starting off on a grade.

Can't stop giggling..... SANY1247

Camping with the Grandbaby is so much fun.....

Can't stop giggling..... SAM_0130

Can't stop giggling..... SANY1243

I truly believe that if an engineer from Yamaha ever took a ride in a JBS equipped Rhino they would be coming from the factory with Jame's sheaves, they are that good. If I had to complain about anything (and this would be whiney) I wished the Rhino had a three speed transfer case. Low range is almost too low except for the steep knarly stuff.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop giggling.....   Can't stop giggling..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can't stop giggling.....
Page 1 of 1