HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 54 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 54 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
+3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
+3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
+3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
+3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
+3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
+3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
+3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
+3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
+3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
+3 and teryx shocks Vote_lcap+3 and teryx shocks Voting_bar+3 and teryx shocks Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
+3 and teryx shocks Vote_lcap+3 and teryx shocks Voting_bar+3 and teryx shocks Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

+3 and teryx shocks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud Rat

+3 and teryx shocks Empty
PostSubject: +3 and teryx shocks   +3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:27 pm

will the teryx shocks work on a mid travel without installing the rears upside down????
Back to top Go down
Pokahpolice

Pokahpolice

PostSubject: Re: +3 and teryx shocks   +3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:37 pm

No...the reason the rears need to be installed upside down is due to the width of the shock body where they bolt to the frame/A-arm mounts. A mid/long travel designed for the Rhino isn't going to solve that problem because they are designed to take a Rhino shock. Basically you'd need to cut the shock mounts, widen them and then re-weld
Back to top Go down
Mud Rat

PostSubject: Re: +3 and teryx shocks   +3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Pokahpolice wrote:
No...the reason the rears need to be installed upside down is due to the width of the shock body where they bolt to the frame/A-arm mounts. A mid/long travel designed for the Rhino isn't going to solve that problem because they are designed to take a Rhino shock. Basically you'd need to cut the shock mounts, widen them and then re-weld

I understand I will have to modify the shock but I was hoping with the different a-arms I can install it right side up
Back to top Go down
Pokahpolice

Pokahpolice

PostSubject: Re: +3 and teryx shocks   +3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:53 pm

I don't think you understand the issue and why they get turned upside down. Changing the length of the A-arm won't solve the problem. The shock gets flipped upside down in the rear because the lower shock mount is wider than the top shock mount The width of the mount itself is the issue not the shock...modifying the shock isn't an option...you would need to widen the top mount so the shock itself would fit.
Back to top Go down
Mud Rat

PostSubject: Re: +3 and teryx shocks   +3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Pokahpolice wrote:
I don't think you understand the issue and why they get turned upside down. Changing the length of the A-arm won't solve the problem. The shock gets flipped upside down in the rear because the lower shock mount is wider than the top shock mount The width of the mount itself is the issue not the shock...modifying the shock isn't an option...you would need to widen the top mount so the shock itself would fit.

your right I didn't understand...lol I thought the spring width was the issue..i want to lift my rhino but don't want to stress my cv's or loose stability that's why I was thinking of doing the +3 and teryx shocks
Back to top Go down
Mud Rat

PostSubject: Re: +3 and teryx shocks   +3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:21 pm

what about using front shocks all the way around??
Back to top Go down
Mud Rat

PostSubject: Re: +3 and teryx shocks   +3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:41 pm

there's been some questions about a +3 mts and teryx shocks this is what I've done so far... I got the lonestar +3 and teryx shocks, installed the front with no problems.. I cant get the rear passenger side shock on because the axle is hitting the frame... the drivers side wont rotate without binding up so im going to relocate the mounts on the a-arms to allow the shocks to be right side up and keep the axles working properly...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: +3 and teryx shocks   +3 and teryx shocks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

+3 and teryx shocks
Page 1 of 1