HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Vote_lcapcarb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Voting_barcarb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Vote_lcapcarb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Voting_barcarb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Unit6666

carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Empty
PostSubject: carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear   carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 2:46 pm

Welp the work never ends with this rhino..... I noticed the seal at the bowl was seeping a bit so i gotta pull the carb off and replace the oring I guess. Does anyone know where i can get just the O-ring i don't know alot about carbs so I don't really wanna rebuild everything it seems to run pretty sweet right now. Also does anyone have a stock 06 drivers side rear complete cv shaft they wanna sell??? in good condition of course.

i would also like to change out the shitty bowl screws to allens or bolt style anyone know the size for a stock carb...
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear   carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:16 pm

is this for a stock 06 660? that would be a 42 mm Mikuni BSR
you should be able to cross reference from parts fiche for size and get stainless allen head capscrews at your local hardware store. while you're in there check for a carb rebuild kit. they aren't that much money and you'll have spares.
i'm sure james could hook you up with a rebuild kit...bounce 
might as well take it apart and replace any bad parts if needed. if the float bowl has a green coloring (from ethanol) you'll want to clean it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Unit6666

PostSubject: Re: carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear   carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:19 pm

I don't know shit about carbs I didnt wanna mess anything up while i was poking around in there... i dunno..

Everytime I have to read about needle clips and stuff I get a nose bleed..

Anyhow how much is a rebuild kit with some allen head screws James??
Back to top Go down
Unit6666

PostSubject: Re: carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear   carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 11:07 pm

Ok so I yanked the carb.. I was looking at the carb schematic and it has 2 jet main listed 1 is a 145 and 1 is a 60? I can't actually tell from the image where the 60 is going? Also probably a dumb question I know the throttle cable opens the air flap thing but what moves the throttle valve? I noticed its spring loaded but when I push the gas it doesn't seem to move only the air flapper behind it? O and my float bowl o-ring has gone to shit as I suspected inside of carb was actually pretty clean.
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear   carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 11:32 pm

the 145 is the main jet and it goes inside the long perforated tube.
the other jet screws into the body of the carb where you took it out.
the throttle valve won't move until the vacuum from the running engine "pulls" it up.
if an o-ring is all you need you can buy that separately, along with replacement screws.
Back to top Go down
Unit6666

PostSubject: Re: carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear   carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 12:42 am

Thank you that answered my question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear   carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

carb leaking... need a new cv shaft drivers rear
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM :: General Rhino :: General Rhino Discussion-
Jump to: