HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 48 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 48 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
New guy from Ohio Vote_lcapNew guy from Ohio Voting_barNew guy from Ohio Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
New guy from Ohio Vote_lcapNew guy from Ohio Voting_barNew guy from Ohio Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

New guy from Ohio

Go down 
+10
Kenny G
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JOHN DILLARD
Yotehunter66
madmax 1
rhino727
Jet
T.Rhino
Wv hotrod ryanO
Tacoclaw
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Tacoclaw

Tacoclaw

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:43 pm

Hey, everyone, my name's Levi and I'm from Cheshire OH.   Picked up an '06 660 Rhino from a fellow a few nights ago and my first paragraph will be about how much I love it and how capable it is.   Here goes. 

I bought a well-used-looking 660 Rhino from a fellow off of Craigslist.  He stated it hadn't been back for the recall for the rear spacers/swaybar, but it has spacers on the front wheels.   To experiment whether or not is like the recall I pulled the rear swaybar linkage, dropped the springs to their lowest preload, and went for a ride tonight.    My cousin got an 800 rzr and I couldn't take it anymore and had to get a SxS.  I didn't want a rzr since that's what every douche has ( Dancing Banana  ), and I've wanted a rhino since they came out, so the choice was pretty simple.    

I followed him everywhere.  There was only one spot I couldn't go and that was a squeeze for him so i didn't sweat it too badly.    It was a nice evening of technical trails and occasional, decent mud.   Stayed right with him and made me a very happy man with my purchase. 

Then this happened
   New guy from Ohio 3EBC6E30-8351-4C6A-AFBC-9CAE77DF2483-7044-000007F78F860E63_zpsa04c4cf2

Anyways, good to be here, and had this not happened i'd be calling Mr. JBS to ask about stopping by and getting my own sheave worked on.   Not gonna happen until I figure out the deal on this. No

Last edited by Tacoclaw on Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wv hotrod ryanO

Wv hotrod ryanO

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:53 pm

I think we have seen this befor on a 660 dads(mr.jbs) outta town till tomorrow or Monday not for sure which one but give him a call and he can tell prob tell ya what's up.... Welcome to the site
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:03 pm

Welcome. Hate that happen to you on your first ride.
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 11:17 pm

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Tacoclaw

Tacoclaw

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 12:50 am

Thanks, guys.   Smile

I wouldn't want to bother a man on his weekend anyways, I know how precious mine are to me.   If this doesn't turn out to be some recall fix or something like that then I'll be taking it in the shop and fixing it myself.   I'm not scared to fix it myself, I just don't want to end up wasting a bunch of time on something that I may not have to do.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:05 am

looks like the mount bolts for diff broke out , look at the frame where the diff bolts up, see if the mount holes are broke out you can make your own or buy a lower mount for the diff to stop this form happing again an repair the top mounts also will give you 4 mounting points , should also look at your front diff for same thing . there are pics on here of the diff brace that might help
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:21 am

have heard of diff bolts loosening over time then causeing frame to crack, welcome to the site hope things go back well
Back to top Go down
Yotehunter66
Yotehunter66

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:48 am

Welcome. Post this over in the differential section and you may get more of a response.
Back to top Go down
Tacoclaw

Tacoclaw

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:25 am

Thanks again, everyone. 

I'll go over there and search around for a while now, at the time I had posted that I was just trying to drink it away.    Laughing 

I'll edit the post and move all the info.
Back to top Go down
JOHN DILLARD

JOHN DILLARD

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:34 pm

Tacoclaw!!huh what did you boys do!!! I guess you will have that if you push hard enough. I might have some stuff you need . And James AKA hot rod rhino has any thing else you might need. Stop by and take a look. And welcome to the show!!!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:49 pm

yep...mounts broke...you can fix it your self and make it better..call me monday
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Welcome Tacoclaw, you did right by getting the Rhino, great rides. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
jmp30

jmp30

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 7:40 am

From one buckeye to the next, welcome. Hope you get your machine squared away soon.
Back to top Go down
Tacoclaw

Tacoclaw

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:43 am

Sorry, guys, I was off on other projects/forums while I waited on parts.  

I appreciate all the welcomes, and am ashamed I haven't seen you more often, John.  I am somewhat surprised to see you on a forum, I just figured you and Tyler were exactly the same and both despised the Internet. 

James, I'll be giving you a call sometime next week I figure.   I'm gonna dig around and clean up in my stock sheave so I don't look like an jackass trying to discuss it and take it in for mods.
Back to top Go down
Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 11:32 am

Welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
rhinoroger

rhinoroger

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:52 pm

welcome, hope your running soon....
Back to top Go down
NickH

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Boy, that sucks!  Good choice of beer in your pic though.  I self medicate with Yuengling myself.  Have it on tap in the basement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Ohio   New guy from Ohio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy from Ohio
Page 1 of 1