HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 46 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 46 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Snow Ride? - Page 2 Vote_lcapSnow Ride? - Page 2 Voting_barSnow Ride? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Snow Ride? - Page 2 Vote_lcapSnow Ride? - Page 2 Voting_barSnow Ride? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Snow Ride?

Go down 
+14
scottwv
123.bert0621
chuddly
Kenny G
TBONE21
madmax 1
mike734
Jet
Mrs. Hot Rod
GETERDUN
Deuces wild
Bayou Tiger
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Mad Dog
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kenny G

Kenny G

Snow Ride? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Bayou Tiger wrote:
Riding in WY is added to my bucket list. Snow or no snow...
Give me a holler if you make it out this way.
Back to top Go down
brewis

brewis

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:29 pm

While you guys were having the HRR Ride I was elk hunting and yup sure as shitSnow Ride? - Page 2 Dscf0610 it was a snow ride in Wyoming.  Come on out an see for yourselves, love to have ya!!!
Back to top Go down
Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:38 pm

Kenny G wrote:
Bayou Tiger wrote:
Riding in WY is added to my bucket list. Snow or no snow...
Give me a holler if you make it out this way.
The wife and I are over due for another trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons.  Looks like we will have to wait for the gov't to open back up before we can plan to go.  When we do, I'll be sure and drop you a line.
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Scott, nice pic! That was a hell of a snow we got. A couple of my contractors got caught up in the Green Mnt area elk hunting until the beer and whiskey started running dry then they found away out. Did you drop anything?
Back to top Go down
brewis

brewis

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Nope, we were just chasin' ghosts then they were all hunkered down about three days.   I'm gonna keep trying when I can though I got a tag till the end of the year..... Where I got this pic someone had drivin it most of the weekend our trails were virgin stuff and many times over the bumper.  I need to remember to take more pictures cause this time of year is a blast and pretty soon it'll be too much for the rhino.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Great picture Scott, good luck filling your tag you sure are earning it.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 1:04 am

Nice pic Scott   , good luck on tagging one
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:02 am

so you guys from WV.....do you get ALOT of snow up in the hills?  like more than the Rhino likes to handle?  I grew up in northern Indiana and i know from experience that a quad and side by side dont really do well in snow once it gets beyond about 14" deep.  and once you get up to about 18" you could be in some real trouble and be in for alot of digging.  Just curious if your weather around there is good for a snow ride (like 6-12" on the ground) or if you get alot of snow and we would spend more time trying to go somewhere than actually going there.
Back to top Go down
brewis

brewis

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:08 am

Last year we had 235 inches of snow.  I usually start watching the weather real close around thanksgiving.  Once the snow is too deep the rhono comes out and the snow machines go in.  My weekend place is at 9300 feet. From the middle of December until April there is anywhere from two to four feet of snow.  We usually don't plan on driving in till the may holiday.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:48 pm

that sounds great Scott , we used to go to Jackson Hole to ski  it was nice out your way
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 6:26 pm

That's a lot of snow, we are not in the snow belt but average is about 236 centimeters, about 8 feet, but the last two years have been below normal.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:23 am

I was asking more about West Virginia ....but its neat to hear about you guys in Wyoming also....I would LOVE to do some riding out there
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Hot Rod
Admin
Mrs. Hot Rod

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 11:08 am

chuddly wrote:
so you guys from WV.....do you get ALOT of snow up in the hills?  like more than the Rhino likes to handle?  I grew up in northern Indiana and i know from experience that a quad and side by side dont really do well in snow once it gets beyond about 14" deep.  and once you get up to about 18" you could be in some real trouble and be in for alot of digging.  Just curious if your weather around there is good for a snow ride (like 6-12" on the ground) or if you get alot of snow and we would spend more time trying to go somewhere than actually going there.
We generally only get 6"-12" at most at any 1 time ... there was 1 year right after we got the Rhino that we had more like 18"-24" & we did get high centered on a trail & had to dig our self out & turn around.
Back to top Go down
Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 11:12 am

I'm ready to come play in the snow and yes, I know to stay away from the yellow snow...lol
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Well don't eat it.
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:57 pm

a guy that was in my new hire class 16 years ago lives outside Boseman, Montana  invited me out to Elk hunt next year-------------------hell yes. January I need to apply for an Elk permit.  for those of you that haven't made it out to that neck of the woods, you need to.  I have done three trips out west on my Harley. did SD, Montana and Wyoming once, then colarado, AZ, New mex, then another SD, ND, Montana and Wyoming trip. must see Moab--Monument Valley, Yellowstone, Bad Lands and oh hell so much more.
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:53 pm

farthest west i've ever been is sturgis. trailered my heritage in '00.
swore i'd never go again because if i did i wouldn't come back bounce
Back to top Go down
Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Jet wrote:
a guy that was in my new hire class 16 years ago lives outside Boseman, Montana  invited me out to Elk hunt next year-------------------hell yes. January I need to apply for an Elk permit.  for those of you that haven't made it out to that neck of the woods, you need to.  I have done three trips out west on my Harley. did SD, Montana and Wyoming once, then colarado, AZ, New mex, then another SD, ND, Montana and Wyoming trip. must see Moab--Monument Valley, Yellowstone, Bad Lands and oh hell so much more.
I've been all out west several times as a youngster and several times as an adult. Nothing like it. Last time we flew into Bozeman and drove down through West Yellowstone. It was the first of June and snowed on us the whole week we were in Yellowstone and Jackson Hole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride?   Snow Ride? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snow Ride?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2