HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
legend air suspension Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
legend air suspension Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
legend air suspension Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
legend air suspension Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
legend air suspension Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
legend air suspension Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
legend air suspension Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
legend air suspension Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
legend air suspension Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
legend air suspension Vote_lcaplegend air suspension Voting_barlegend air suspension Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
legend air suspension Vote_lcaplegend air suspension Voting_barlegend air suspension Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

legend air suspension

Go down 
+3
chuddly
WV Hot Rod Rhino
madmax 1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
madmax 1

madmax 1

legend air suspension Empty
PostSubject: legend air suspension   legend air suspension Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:06 pm

just wondering if anyone was running a legend air system they look pretty cool but kind of pricey also
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: legend air suspension   legend air suspension Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:22 am

seen them on a rzr...he liked them
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: legend air suspension   legend air suspension Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:04 am

I built an air suspension system for a custom motorcycle i had years back. Legend then coppied my design after my bike make the show circut for a year. Im not really worried about it but if you guys want some help to make your own on the Rhino i and help you build one that will out perform anything they have and it will be about 1/3 the price.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: legend air suspension   legend air suspension Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:13 pm

cool man ill keep that in mind sound like a future project
Back to top Go down
Baxter Built Fabrications

PostSubject: Re: legend air suspension   legend air suspension Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:31 pm

These are what I'm thinking about on my Rhino so that I can load my portable welder on the back if I get called out to a field for machinery.I've read a bunch on them.They obviously aren't goibg to work as well as a ELKA but if you tune your ELKAs for a sertain weight and then deviate from that often then Legend would be the way to go I think.I wouldn't think they'd be ideal for a race machine because hot air expands and would make the shock tighter but who knows.Maybe me in the future but why don't somone buy them and be the guiny pig for us.Because they do seem to like them an awful lot$$$$.
Back to top Go down
Pokahpolice

Pokahpolice

PostSubject: Re: legend air suspension   legend air suspension Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:40 pm

signing up to this thread...interested to hear more. I saw one thread a while back about air shocks and everyone was saying they aren't a good set up for a Rhino.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: legend air suspension   legend air suspension Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:25 pm

i put over 20k miles on the air shocks i did...it rode better than factory and i had full adjustment. It was the best of all worlds. The Rhino's would no doubt need a larger compressor than i ran on my bike but smaller than the ones i put on trucks for their air ride. If I remember right the custom built air cylinders were like $200 for the pair and the compressor was about $50. Then one air valve at about $40 and about $50 in switches and some 1/4" air line.....done. If you ran a larger compressor and put a small reserve tank on it you could run some air tools also. Its not anything I need but for you guys doing the long trips i would go for it without a question.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: legend air suspension   legend air suspension Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 11:37 am

thanks sounds like you know your shit was looking at something similar years ago when I built my chain driven Yamaha v- max but went with struts and wheelie bars instead. how do you think the ride would be compared to stock, would the air cylinders have to be built or could they be just orderd sorry for all the questions but you have me thinking know, thanks mick
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: legend air suspension   legend air suspension Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 1:43 pm

I had mine built....they do have units in stock (Bimba is the company i used they are out of Chicago if i remember right) but i had units made with teflon bump stops internally at both ends of the shock stroke so i could never tear it up.

The ride...no question would be 100x better than stock. Its all in setting up the shock at the right height for it to operate at. they dont/didnt offer much in the way of return and rebound dampening but that can be had other ways ....space may become the issue at that point to get it all fit in there.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: legend air suspension   legend air suspension Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 2:10 pm

thanks for the info man ill get back
Back to top Go down
Shrek Racing

Shrek Racing

PostSubject: Re: legend air suspension   legend air suspension Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Sounds like good idea
Back to top Go down
http://Sembra.org
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: legend air suspension   legend air suspension Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:41 pm

If someone wants to use them for a race application them a small tank with nitrogen would be a better way to go them a compressor. The nitrogen won't change pressure with temp changes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: legend air suspension   legend air suspension Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

legend air suspension
Page 1 of 1