HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Vote_lcapWhat kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Voting_barWhat kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Vote_lcapWhat kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Voting_barWhat kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?

Go down 
+14
thekevin
lost|concept
Snorhino
REDRHINO64
Garnog
varmint10
Firefighter
scottwv
Pokahpolice
madmax 1
Jet
Hump
hymarker
Kenny G
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenny G

Kenny G

What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Empty
PostSubject: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:47 am

Looking for some feedback on tire pressure, tire wear and why you think running the pressure you do, gives you the best performance. Is there any safety issues you feel has to do with tire pressure. Personally, I run about 14-15 psi in the 27X14 Mudlites on my bike. Handles well on the hard pack trails and has less sway going through the corners. I think less pressure gives me better traction in soft materials and if I'm going out to play in the mud/snow I'll drop the pressure down to around 10-11 psi. I never have ran real low pressure as I'm not sure how the spongy tire would hold up if I got stupid with low pressure in the tires. You know Cowboying? Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
hymarker

hymarker

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:25 am

Summer time i run about 15 rear and 17 front. Winter in the snow i run almost flat all around. Have popped the bead a couple times, but the lower the pressure, the bigger the footprint and the more traction.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:58 am

I used to run 9 all around on the rzr s I had, even on fast trails. Considering they were 26s on a slightly wider machine with a lower center of gravity than the rhino, I figured I better listen to James and run more air. (Hot Rod knows!) I'm running 12 now, and they seem to flex good on the rocks, and I haven't lost the bead on one yet. Rhinos just need a little more air than a rzr. I won't run less than 12 unless I know it's going to be a slow muddy or snowy ride all day. I don't think I could keep the tires on the wheels with less than 12 if I'm running hard. I prefer to run low as I think I can get by with for the most traction.
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:31 am

like hump, james recommened 12 psi and i run ITP bead locks with interco reptiles (12" rims) and believe me if they didnt come off during last weekends ride, 12 psi is good. i hit a ditch at speed and bent the tie rod on the drivers side front and then i lost it and ended up sideways going down hill on a real rocky trail. no problems other then i damn near pooped my pants going 40 and sliding side ways to a stop. whats that saying ???? "you just cant fix ------------stupid". my low jack light was on, so i wasnt drunk either. trying to run down a rzr xp.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:58 pm

27" mudlites around 12-14 in summer winter around 6-8
Back to top Go down
Pokahpolice

Pokahpolice

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 9:11 pm

I run 20lbs. I've seen several lost beads and blown out sidewalls at lower pressure. I like the way it handles and haven't had any issues so Im staying high.
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Poka, 20#, what type of tire are you rollin. Do you get a bounce out of the tires with the pressure that high. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Pokahpolice

Pokahpolice

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 9:38 pm

I don't notice any. I like the ride.
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:07 pm

When I first put the 'horns on mine , I put 6 & 8 in them (thats what I always ran in my quad)...James told me to run like 12 , and 14...kinda doubted runnin that much , so I did 10 and 12. Ran it like that for a while , then went to 12 , and 14....like more pressure WAY better !! It takes a couple of miles to get used to the rear ; but , after you run them like that for a while , you can instantly tell when you have a tire down !
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:10 pm

15 psi all the way around. Steers better and doesn't bottom out as much.
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:58 pm

Does any of you think you get a little more speed/sport out of the Rhino run higher air in the tires? Anybody noticing difference in tire wear? My tires seem to have wore like chit. Not sure if the Mudlite is just a softer rubber that doesn't handle the hard pack trail as well as other tires. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
varmint10

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 11:16 pm

I run 25" Bighorns with 10 in front and 13 in rear. My riding is all types of terrain, packed roads, going thru the woods to get around downed trees, loose rock, snow, water crossing, never pooped a bead but I have been with many who have. I do get flats!!
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Kenny G wrote:
Does any of you think you get a little more speed/sport out of the Rhino run higher air in the tires? Anybody noticing difference in tire wear? My tires seem to have wore like chit. Not sure if the Mudlite is just a softer rubber that doesn't handle the hard pack trail as well as other tires. Like a Star @ heaven
I had mudlite xls on my 450, and I could see the wear after every ride. Hit the pavement for 4 miles and it just gave me the feeling that I was throwing $5 out on the road. They wear very quick.
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Really like the radial ride of the Mudlites but if they wear this fast I'll be in the poor house just keeping shoes on the Rhino. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Garnog

Garnog

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 3:32 pm

Mudlites on my Rhino lasted a little over 300 miles. A lot of hard pack riding.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 1:57 am

Bighorns wear great compared to Mudlites and the stock tires. That's all I can compare because that's all I've ran on a sxs. I did like the traction of the mudlites in the really soft stuff. It would be nice to run something like that on another set of wheels durring the sloppy months.
Just checked my psi again tonight, and changed them a little. I'm going to try 12.5 front and 13.5 rear tomarrow. I said I had 12 all around, but I had 14. Sorry for telling lies. LOL
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:52 am

Jet wrote:
like hump, james recommened 12 psi and i run ITP bead locks with interco reptiles (12" rims) and believe me if they didnt come off during last weekends ride, 12 psi is good. i hit a ditch at speed and bent the tie rod on the drivers side front and then i lost it and ended up sideways going down hill on a real rocky trail. no problems other then i damn near pooped my pants going 40 and sliding side ways to a stop. whats that saying ???? "you just cant fix ------------stupid". my low jack light was on, so i wasnt drunk either. trying to run down a rzr xp.
What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? 2016508534What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? 2016508534What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? 2016508534
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Lookin at the mudlites today and the front rubbers are wearing faster than the rear... I've got a lot more weight towards the back; plus the locked rear-end which should cause more wear in turning, correct? If they last the summer I'll be lucky. Better start lookin for some 'hard rubber' tires. What has been standout rubbers for you guys? Need something not to heavy for the 450thy to handle.Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Here is a couple pics of 26in Big Horns with 3000+ miles

What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Photo_25

What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Photo_26
Back to top Go down
Snorhino

Snorhino

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Kenny G wrote:
Lookin at the mudlites today and the front rubbers are wearing faster than the rear... I've got a lot more weight towards the back; plus the locked rear-end which should cause more wear in turning, correct? If they last the summer I'll be lucky. Better start lookin for some 'hard rubber' tires. What has been standout rubbers for you guys? Need something not to heavy for the 450thy to handle.Like a Star @ heaven

I have gotten good tread life out of my Terracross
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Bighorns run tall, that's why I went with 25s. They are not real heavy, there are others in the same size that weigh alot more. The 25s, and 26x9s are light compared to the wider sizes in the 26" and up.
If I were you, I would go for the 25" original Bighorns. 450 should pull them fine.
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 11:10 pm

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I've got the 14" rims and the OG 12" rims still. Like the taller tire for the off-roading that I roll in. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
lost|concept

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:05 am

Firefighter wrote:
Here is a couple pics of 26in Big Horns with 3000+ miles

What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Photo_25

What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Photo_26

Firefighter-

What size bighorns are you running front and back? I was thinking about going 26x9s all the way around but I feel they will be too narrow for the mud. But the 25x10s seems so damn short to me. 26x11s all the way around seem like a bit much to me as well..

Im lost...go figure
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:17 am

I run 26x9-14 on the front and 26x11-14 on the rear. I thought about a couple different setups, but this one works so well, why change.
Back to top Go down
lost|concept

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:19 am

Yeah. My rims are set up so they are running the same stance. So I want to go with the same tire all the way around. I wish they just made a dang 26x10 that would be perfect!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?   What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What kind of tire pressure are you running, and why?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next