HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 36 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 36 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Guage stays on after key is off Vote_lcapGuage stays on after key is off Voting_barGuage stays on after key is off Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Guage stays on after key is off Vote_lcapGuage stays on after key is off Voting_barGuage stays on after key is off Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Guage stays on after key is off

Go down 
+2
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
foyota86
6 posters
AuthorMessage
foyota86

foyota86

Guage stays on after key is off Empty
PostSubject: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:51 am

When I turn key off, all the lights stay on for a few and then fade out and I mean everyone of them. Loose connection in key contactor maybe? Also my N light very seldom lights up. Maybe all this is tied together somewhere in dirty connection?
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:34 am

x2 Some of my drive position lights don't come on either and I tried to adjust the shift linkage but still no go?
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:00 am

This is normal if the engine fan is running. It is acting like a generator until it stops turning.
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:06 am

My neutral light hasnt ever worked... It didnt work when i just had the dummy lights and it didnt work when i got the digi dash... its always bugged me because i cant crank it without holding the brake even in neutral... theres only one wire that ive found that runs to the shifter and i have no clue where to even search for the fix... Ive tried moving the shifter and adjusting it... never comes on..

sorry for the thread jack
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:13 am

I think that the 'single wire going to the shifter' is actually going to the emergency brake sense switch. My memory often fails me, but look for the gear shift sense switch down lower at the frontmost pivot of the shift linkage, alongside the engine. It sounds like a loose wire/connector or maybe a bad switch contact.
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Thanks, I just got mine and I have it almost completely torn down, LOL. Checking, cleaning, and all that stuff. My wife thinks I am nuts. The N light bugs me and hopefully with this advice I can get if figured out. I am not a big fan of where the oil and rad is located, this may have to be relocated. Seems like it will get poked very easily. This site is the bomb. I have always been amazed at how much knowledge is shared on certain forums. I always try to give back, but I am so late in the game, you guys got it whooped! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Bumpers wrote:
My neutral light hasnt ever worked... It didnt work when i just had the dummy lights and it didnt work when i got the digi dash... its always bugged me because i cant crank it without holding the brake even in neutral... theres only one wire that ive found that runs to the shifter and i have no clue where to even search for the fix... Ive tried moving the shifter and adjusting it... never comes on..

Check you neutral safety switch, it's located on top of the engine under the air box. I had a similar issue and the wire was making a poor connection. It is a single wire with a 90 degree connector.
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 5:25 pm

onebuilder wrote:
Bumpers wrote:

Check you neutral safety switch, it's located on top of the engine under the air box. I had a similar issue and the wire was making a poor connection. It is a single wire with a 90 degree connector.

i know exactly witch one you are talking about.. i just put the motor back in and its in a million pieces.. guess i will try to trace that wire down and see if i can figure it out
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:38 pm

onebuilder wrote:
Bumpers wrote:

It sounds like you ar referring to the Reverse sense switch here. Way too many sensors on this here machine.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:17 pm

Here is a snapshot out of the service manual. They are not real proud of this, as it is sort of hard to find in the manual. pirat

Guage stays on after key is off Gearpositionswitchlocat
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:19 pm

Thanks Steve!
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:52 pm

Yes, thank you very much Steve! I have been straining my eyes looking for that dang thing. My N light will not come on at all and it is tough to get it in L, actually to get it in and for the light to come on?
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:20 am

foyota86 wrote:
Yes, thank you very much Steve! I have been straining my eyes looking for that dang thing. My N light will not come on at all and it is tough to get it in L, actually to get it in and for the light to come on?

Perhaps the first thing to do is to try to adjust the linkage such that the shifting lever detents and the transmission are properly aligned. There is an adjustable pushrod between the mechanisms, Both ends of that pushrod are oppositely threaded so that it lenthens or shortens as it is turned. Loosen the lock-nut at one end and you will be able to turn it a small amount one way or the other. Look for improvement as you are adjusting. When you find that sweet spot where everything works properly, tighten that locknut back up.
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:07 pm

I made a slight adjustment to gear linkage, helped a little, still hard to get in L. No N light though. From this pic, is this on the side of belt, looking through the air pipe/duct coming from the belt cover. Kind of like X ray vision, if you know what I mean? To access it take off pipe/duct and air box or just air box?
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:22 pm

I found it, not much to it. If all the other lights work, why wouldn't N? Gremlin maybe? Little shit that this bugs the crap out of me. I gotta get it fixed...
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:35 pm

foyota86 wrote:
I found it, not much to it. If all the other lights work, why wouldn't N? Gremlin maybe? Little shit that this bugs the crap out of me. I gotta get it fixed...

For what it is worth, my neutral has always been a bit quirky, as is the forward gear indicator at times. I have to rock the shifter back and forth sometimes to get the lights to come on and stay on. I suspect that the detenting of whatever trips the switches is a bit unstable. First of all, do you have the digital dash or the idiot light panel? If it is the idiot light, it is just possible that you have a burn out bulb? You might try slowly moving the shift lever and see if the light flickers at all as you are passing through in the region of Neutral. Also, It might be time to get that ohm-meter out and check the wiring and switch for continuity, etc.
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 1:12 am

I have the digital cluster. I have tried jiggling, tapping, and just about everything else to get the damn thing to come on. It just doesn't make sense, after taking the sensor (or switch) out and looking at it, I don't fully understand how it operates. I see it just has a push style end on it and maybe depending on how far it is in or out (for reverse) determines what to light up. I will dig deeper and probably with multimeter this time. I though my Honda Rancher 400 AT was tricky, this takes the cake! Possible N light (led and be bitch to change out?) in the cluster is out?
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 12:33 pm

I found the gear position switch and broke one side off of the mutha, epoxied it back and left it alone for now. Never got it out either to clean it or tinker with. The dang N light drives me crazy along with the H and L being on at the same time. Oh well, I have spent more time tearing into it than riding it. Gonna put some miles on it this weekend though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guage stays on after key is off   Guage stays on after key is off Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guage stays on after key is off
Page 1 of 1