HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Vote_lcapputting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Voting_barputting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Vote_lcapputting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Voting_barputting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s

Go down 
+4
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Firefighter
banchee6
chuddly
8 posters
AuthorMessage
chuddly

chuddly

putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Empty
PostSubject: putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s   putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 3:37 pm

Im putting together my list for James (for my 05 660). I already have a CDI (Hunterworks) and my rhino is a portly creature with a rear seat and rear cage plus extra battery and winch. I already serviced my current sheave (stock from what i can tell) and put a new belt on but a hot rod sheave is most certainly needed. My problem is i dont really need to go much faster (top end) than what it will do now. Most of my riding is woods and with the extra weight from the seat plus my kids i really just want more low end grunt and all of it I can get. Any one know what weights i would want/need to achieve this? Also any other tips/tricks to get every little bit out it?
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s   putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Just get some better weights and a spring. Should help your bottom end. Mr. Hotrod is who u need to call. He has what u want in stock. Also, the sheave James sells isn't just for top end. It's an all around power gain. You just need to control your right foot!!!!! I had 28's with all stock motor n exhaust. Added the sheave, 18g OD weights and gold spring. Better low end, lower crushing rpm and 48 mph top end. It was an amazing bike till I got bored. Now Went overboard with the cam n msd. Now the 29.5's I have get slung like crazy.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s   putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Im on stock tires right now for the time being as well. When they wear out I will probably go to 26" or maybe 27" (dont think i will though) and do 9's all the way around. just a bit more info
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s   putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 4:26 pm

When You get bigger tires, You will probably want 14gr weights for better take off.

Sheave kit
700 belt
700 camplate
orange spring
anti friction washers
grease (He has a "new to me" grease I am trying)
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s   putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 4:26 pm

14s and a orange Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s   putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 4:31 pm

I hear a big bore kit can really give you a lot more power...
cyclops

Seriously though, the sheave will give you what you're describing. More bottom and mid range, and if you got a straight-a-way, then you will probably get a higher top speed to boot!

The internet community of Rhino owners is buzzing about the JBS sheave. There's a reason why - the additional gearing advantage from the bottom end and the gains in the mid range are what most Rhino owners want. No other single bolt on mod will give you the gains as from what you get with a JBS sheave.

Then if you still want more, then there's that big bore... lol
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

PostSubject: Re: putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s   putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 4:32 pm

My rhino is a little heavy to. Extra steel from frt skid plate and winch setup. Also I run Bajacross tires right now, really heavy. Got a hotrod sheave with 16g weights. Does 48 on top, but not concerned with that to much. The bottom end is much better. Low gear now is like a creeper gear, feels like itsgot the torque of a diesel. I haven't done any other motor mods, except sheave. Hotrod will get you what you want, and it didn't break the bank for me.
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s   putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 5:35 pm

ChrisH wrote:
I hear a big bore kit can really give you a lot more power...
cyclops

Seriously though, the sheave will give you what you're describing. More bottom and mid range, and if you got a straight-a-way, then you will probably get a higher top speed to boot!

The internet community of Rhino owners is buzzing about the JBS sheave. There's a reason why - the additional gearing advantage from the bottom end and the gains in the mid range are what most Rhino owners want. No other single bolt on mod will give you the gains as from what you get with a JBS sheave.

Then if you still want more, then there's that big bore... lol

You and your big bore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s 2016508534putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s 2016508534putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s 2016508534putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s 2016508534putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s 2016508534putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s 2016508534
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s   putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Chuddly, Nothing more to say... Go Hot Rod Style with JBS's Sheave!!!putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s 2016508534
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s   putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 3:08 am

Make no mistake, most of these mods add tons of bottom end and midrange. That's where we need it here in the woods. Yeah, mine will do 59, but I could care less. It's the power 0-45 that matters most to me. I love the hit mine has when I get back to the throttle at any speed. It has instant response.

If a cam in a 660 is anything like a 700, it would be a huge gain right off idle. I was under the impression that the cam would hurt bottom end a little like putting a huge cam in a car. Not at all...It hits bigtime right off idle like a diesel truck. Do the sheave 1st, and if you want more go with a cam.

The Hot Rod clutch setup lets the rpms come up instantly to get the power down, then it will let you maintain speed with less throttle and rpms than stock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s   putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

putting together my list for James with a couple ?'s
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM :: General Rhino :: General Rhino Discussion-
Jump to: