HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Recommendations Vote_lcapRecommendations Voting_barRecommendations Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Recommendations

Go down 
+2
flimmy
4x4ff
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
4x4ff

4x4ff

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 4:58 am

Ok I have a J-Strong top and the lights while great absolutely SUCK the battery down. Looking to replace the 4 lights eventually but probably have to do it in increments. I'm thinking of 4 separate square 'work' lights maybe 2 spots and 2 floods....not sure. With the 4 separate lights I could aim them individually. The pic's I've seen of the 10" lightbar look pretty slick though. Problem is as always the cash. I need something reasonably priced. Not sure about what to go with......I just want them BRIGHT!

Steve
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 8:06 am

Steve 2 10" bars would be a little cheaper then the 4 sq. work lights and will be about as bright. The 2 10" lights will draw less then 5 amps and probably less then 1 of the lights you have now. The one good thing about going with the 4 sq lights is like you said the 4 separate lights I could aim them individually.
The 4 sq lights would run $192 shipped and the 2 10" bars would be $180 shipped

You could always buy 2 sq now and add 2 more later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
banchee6

banchee6

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:31 am

no matter what you do, you have to go LED.... those lights they have on the J-strong roofs you can pick up at Walmart... cheap but the amp draw on them suck... We switched all my buddies to the 2" square duallys... wow,,, awesome but they were like 400 bucks... thats before Flimmy was known around these parts... lol

Flimmy sells a good product and is great to work with.... recommended seller
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:47 am

Thanks Eric
Back to top Go down
4x4ff

4x4ff

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:37 pm

Thanks for the input. I was actually thinking of getting 2 squares now then 2 later when mama's not looking......lol. There is no question about going LED.

If I went squares what 2 would you start with?

Steve

P.S. Flimmy...I read another post where you commented about having customer service like JBS. If you do your business will do great. Good pricing and dealing with someone who isn't an arrogant ass is a great combo. I know where my business will go!
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Steve I would go with 2 spots. They will still light up everything close and father away. The video that chuddly posted on here was 1 10" in spot and you can see how it still shines out to the sides.

Get 2 spots and put them in the center then get the floods later and put them on the outside turned just a little.

Back to top Go down
4x4ff

4x4ff

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Ok. That sounds like a plan. Thata kinda what i had in mind. Which particular lights do you recommend and how much?

Steve
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:40 pm

I would go with 2 of the 2x2 , http://www.trailbrightled.com/TRB-2x2wl-_p_19.html

I have them in stock and can ship right away. Hell if you order them tonight I'll have them out tomorrow.

Scott
Back to top Go down
4x4ff

4x4ff

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:49 pm

I think that's what I'll do. I'll set up an account and order them later this evening. Just curious, I assume 2 of these would be about as much light as the 4 stock lights on the jstrong top?

Steve
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:52 pm

Flimmy,

The Trail Bright 6" single row LED (Part Number TRB-6sr) caught my eye, because of the apparent low height. What is the beam angle on these? The specs are a bit unclear, stating "Opitonal Beam: Flood beam (90degree)", implying that off the shelf might be different. If they are actually 90 degree, I would guess that they would not be appropriate for driving illumination?

If not appropriate, what are the heights of the other single row and double row bars?
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:04 pm

Steve , they come in spot and flood. The floods are 90 deg. pattern and the spot are 25 deg.

The other single row lights are 2 1/4" (body) and 2 1/2" from the bottom of the mount to the top of the light. the feet on the sr are either up or down with rubber for under them that is a wedge to help with angling them.

The double row lights are 3" (body) and 4 3/4 from the bottom of the feet to the top of the light. The feet on the dr rotate 360 deg.
Back to top Go down
Deuces wild

Deuces wild

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:26 pm

Scott tell Steve to look at what I got I have a JStrong top and went with the two 10" and they are awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Deuces wild

Deuces wild

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:29 pm

Steve easy install and super bright!!
Back to top Go down
4x4ff

4x4ff

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:40 pm

I saw the pictures and I like it. Just don't have the cash right now to get 2-10 inch ones so I thought I would get 2 cubes now and 2 later is all. Just curious how bright the 2 cubes would be?

Steve
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:48 pm

Steve 2 of the 2x2 lights will be about the same , maybe a little brighter , then 1 10".
1 2x2 is rated at 1280 lumen and 1 10" is rated at 2400 lumen. so about 160 lumen more but I bet you couldn't see that little differeance.
Back to top Go down
4x4ff

4x4ff

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:53 pm

Sweet. That's what I figured. I wonder how many lumens the stock lights are? Should be a significant difference.

Steve
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:03 pm

Flimmy,

OK. how do I go about ordering 2 of the spot pattern and 2 of the flood pattern (TRB-6sr) on your web site? I do not see a spot to enter the options.

SteveS
Back to top Go down
Deuces wild

Deuces wild

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:05 pm

Steve just buy my whole top and I'll throw the lights in for free!! So I can do my 4 seat cage and buy DR 40!!!
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:12 pm

lambfam660 wrote:
Steve just buy my whole top and I'll throw the lights in for free!! So I can do my 4 seat cage and buy DR 40!!!

Sorry, I've already got a top that I'm rather partial to. It's an integrated scheme that I am working on. If I can get my act together, that is. Thanks for the offer though. I hope that you are not trying to sell the top for the price of a cage though. Wink
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:12 pm

Just order 4 of them and put in the comment section your user name on here and that you want 2 spot and 2 flood.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:14 pm

flimmy wrote:
Just order 4 of them and put in the comment section your user name on here and that you want 2 spot and 2 flood.

Excellent, I didn't want to get into the sequence and find that I could not back out of there. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Deuces wild

Deuces wild

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:16 pm

To be honest with you for what I have in the top I could build a cage. $1200 top $180 lights = nice cage. bounce
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Steve I'll have the lights out tomorrow and you should get an email from PayPal with the tracking #

Thanks
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:34 pm

lambfam660 wrote:
To be honest with you for what I have in the top I could build a cage. $1200 top $180 lights = nice cage. bounce

Yeah, I hear you. I wish you the best of luck, it's a spendy habit aint it?

flimmy wrote:
Steve I'll have the light out tomorrow and you should get an email from PayPal with the tracking # Thanks

Thank you Flimmy. I'm looking forward to getting the shipment.
Back to top Go down
4x4ff

4x4ff

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:17 am

Scott,

I just placed my order for 2 of the cube spots. Thanks for your assistance.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommendations
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM :: Sponsor Forums :: TRAIL BRIGHT LED-
Jump to: