HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Clutch...which direction to go? Vote_lcapClutch...which direction to go? Voting_barClutch...which direction to go? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Clutch...which direction to go? Vote_lcapClutch...which direction to go? Voting_barClutch...which direction to go? Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Clutch...which direction to go?

Go down 
+6
KJrhino
WV Hot Rod Rhino
rhinosport84
chuddly
T.Rhino
smrtalex
10 posters
AuthorMessage
smrtalex

Clutch...which direction to go? Empty
PostSubject: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 2:04 pm

We have a 2007 Rhino 660 SE which gets driven at our normal elevation of 1800ft in Phoenix, and 6000ft in Northern Arizona.

Stock engine with a CDI.

26" Sedona Rip Saw tires on 12x7 with 5+2 offset (no spacers as the offset gets them out there!)

We get about 46Mph top on the street in Phoenix.  With the trail riding we do up north top speed really is not a concern.

It is about time we looked at changing out the clutch, as with the larger, and heavier tires, it feels as we have lost some power/torque, especially up north.

We would like to keep the top end if possible, but up North there are some steep hills that the low end that we can really benefit from.

Any suggestions on what setup or alterations we can do?  And any further information you might need to help determine the best direction to go, just let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 2:37 pm

Welcome. Sounds like you need a JBS sheave best mod you can do to a rhino trust me you will here this answer a lot.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 2:44 pm

I would suggest a JBS sheave.  I have a 4 seater with stock engine and stock tires and i and run 52mph all day long no problems.  If you get the sheave you will run right there too.  Plus the take off is SOOOOO much better
Back to top Go down
rhinosport84

rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 3:10 pm

Jbs sheave all the way!!
Back to top Go down
smrtalex

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Thanks!!!   Any one have a link to the JBS Sheave?  Also, what about the secondary spring, weights, etc?  Kind of new to this area, so trying to get a good understanding of it.

Also, how will the sheave do on both top and low end?  Again, would like to keep my speed in the lower elevation, but still have good power/torque in the higher elevation.

Thanks again for everyone's suggestion so far!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:23 pm

give me a call
Back to top Go down
KJrhino

KJrhino

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Mr wv hot rod rhino is the link call him he helped us all out tell him about it and how you want to ride and he will set you up, he also has many vids to help the install and service process and many other rhino related things check JBS vendor section
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:32 pm

He might even help get you set up in a JBS 787. Or maybe long travel suspinsion if you are aspendell rover. lol! 
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:37 pm

now thats an idea...+6 LT with a 787. heres the plan send me your motor and swap mine out, sell your rhino and get ya Viking
Back to top Go down
smrtalex

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Just spoke with James.   Great guy and spent the time to help me understand what I was trying to accomplish.  Will be ordering it very soon!!!

Thanks everyone for their suggestions!  Really appreciate it!!!
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:45 pm

here we go....Dancing Banana 
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:52 pm

That idea sucks vicking cock. I thank you should send me your rhino and ill just keep both & have the best of both worlds. Yea baby !!!!
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:25 pm

lmao...Reneck 
Back to top Go down
smrtalex

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Just ordered the JBS Sheave!!!  Can't wait for it to get here!!!   Many Thanks to James!!!!  Extremely patient and took the time to answer all my questions!!!!   Great customer service!!!!  Thanks again!!!
Back to top Go down
txgrown1404

txgrown1404

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:23 pm

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
now thats an idea...+6 LT with a 787.

if I ever get my boat sold I plan on building a bigger motor.... maybe 720 stroker or whatever I can put in it
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:08 pm

boat 8-10k, rotax on the way...break even, that rhino would be no joke!!Dancing Banana 
Back to top Go down
txgrown1404

txgrown1404

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:22 pm

True didn't think about that. But that's what I'm asking for the boat. Wanna buy it? I'll through a qp of my brothers stank nasty
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:31 pm

I wish, way too many toys around here, need a new house for a boat..lol...but I have room for big stanky..lol
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:10 pm

james sheaves are the best, and x2 on the big stanky need to sell my drag bike that money goes to the motor work cheers
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:26 pm

can I get the greenie?
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:39 pm

hehehehe...bet that ain't the "foldin-kind"...huh ???...lol
Back to top Go down
txgrown1404

txgrown1404

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 11:13 am

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
can I get the greenie?

If I wasn't a puss about sendin it through the mail I would set u up
Back to top Go down
smrtalex

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:58 pm

Got my clutch and ready to get going.

Tried to call James, but no answer and voice mail is full.  Also sent him an email.

Nonetheless, James sent me a Tub of grease and a Tube of grease.  I know I use the Tub on the weights in the primary, but where am I using the Tube (Polyurea Grease) at?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch...which direction to go?   Clutch...which direction to go? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clutch...which direction to go?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM :: Technical :: Clutching-
Jump to: