HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Vote_lcapcv boots!!!!!!!!!! Voting_barcv boots!!!!!!!!!! Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Vote_lcapcv boots!!!!!!!!!! Voting_barcv boots!!!!!!!!!! Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

cv boots!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+3
123.bert0621
RhinoGT350
Unit6666
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Unit6666

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 1:51 pm

Any of you folks rip your cv boots all the time like me... I mean it seems every ride there is a rip or pin hole... I just replaced 3 rear cv boots and put it all back together just to find the only boot I didnt fix had a tiny pinhole in it near the small end of the shaft... I'm riding it tomorrow so i went down to the hardware store and got some of that shoe goo crap.. I scraped the area with a wire brush the cleaned it with rubbing alchohol then applied the show goo.. I think it might be ok for a temp fix.. I don't think if it was where the ribs were it would work... I dunno.. I will post if it holds up I'm going on a 70 mile ride if it holds up might be a nice item to keep on your rig in case of pinholes!!!!!

Also on a side note does anyone have a stock rear driver side cv shaft with boots intact for sale or know a good substitute or a place to get OEM for a decent price??

Ohhh and I just put on the cv guards from aluminum products they look nice and went on pretty damn easy.
Back to top Go down
RhinoGT350

RhinoGT350

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:16 pm

i am going to have to remember that shoe guu stuff
Back to top Go down
Unit6666

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:43 pm

I wrote shoe goo but it spell checked me .....
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:30 pm

I just toe or got a pin hole in another boot,Alballs lasted 40 miles,Napa right side lasted 40 miles,OEM is next. Good luck with your shoe goo.Idea
Back to top Go down
Unit6666

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:20 pm

Whelp that shoe goo last about 20 miles then all done...
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:31 pm

OEM is on the way.
Back to top Go down
rhinofitch

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 3:45 am

I had a boot tear on trail, caught it in time before dirt started building up. the fix i used was an 18 inch motorcycle tube cut the same length as boot, cut it so you can wrap it around the boot, next  use 3 zip ties to hold it in place, now break out the duct tape and start wrap it around the tube & boot clear down to the axle. went 80 miles like that never slung any grease out.
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 8:36 am

bring some extra water with you and stop every 10-15 miles and cool the boots down.... Seems lately everyone it breaking them..  when you go slow, you wont have any issues. Also, check and make sure you oil is full and good in the rear diff.  Make sure you vent line is clean and clear

I am having the same issues lately.  Ive been checking mine as we ride distances and find after about 10 miles of 25-35 mph, they will be very hot. I have a 2" lift in the front and sport shocks cranked up in the rear and they still are giving me trouble.....  My first real issues with my rhino in a year and they all go out together....  gotta find out whats the deal
Back to top Go down
NickH

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:01 pm

Reviving and old thread here but I had to replace my pass side outer cv boot today.  Everything was going well until reassembly when you have to slide the joint back over that damned circlip.  After a bunch of attempts and getting really pissed off , I ended up tying a zip tie around the clip as tight as I could get it, tapped the joint on, it pushed the zip tie out of the way.  Once I got it on far enough, I cut the tie off and pushed the joint on the rest of the way.  I can't take credit for that, I googled it and found it on some British car forum.   Hope it helps someone here.   I was going to take a pic, but by that time I had grease all over me and my patience was wearing thin.   Nick.
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Good find nick. At least I know I'm not the only one that wants to use rhino parts as a sledge hammer sometimes!!! Lol
Back to top Go down
NickH

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Got all done, looked down and saw the o ring on the floor that should have been on the damn axle.  That's what you get for working on stuff right after you wake up from finishing night shift.   Oh well, its time to load the beer up and go for a ride now.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:34 pm

CV boot problem free since July, I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:43 pm

My driver's side rear just started clicking this weekend. Looked, and no torn boot.  Guess it's just tired....lol
Back to top Go down
NickH

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 10:02 pm

I have the original ones on my '06 Kodiak.   Had the rhino since may.   I found a piece of a branch in the joint when I was cleaning it.  Poked right through the boot.  That sucks.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:32 am

Yes it does,but worse is the stuff it lets in.
Back to top Go down
NickH

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 12:11 am

yeah, there was some rust and discoloration in there where it shouldn't have been.  Hope it lasts
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:42 pm

If it wasn't noisey and you got it cleaned and lubed well it should last a long time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv boots!!!!!!!!!!   cv boots!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cv boots!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM :: Technical :: drivetrain-
Jump to: