HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Vote_lcapDo you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Voting_barDo you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Vote_lcapDo you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Voting_barDo you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts

Go down 
+7
Kenny G
ChrisH
BUMFUZZLED
banchee6
Firefighter
chuddly
thekevin
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thekevin

thekevin

Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Empty
PostSubject: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:14 pm

I have been running a rear swaybar for a while now but I just put my 2" lift and 27's on and I am wondering if I need to take it off.  I actually have some articulation in the front and I'm thinking that the rear is being limited a lot by the swaybar.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:30 am

to me it all depends on what kind of riding you do.  If you are in rocks and ruts at slower speeds most of the time then disconnect that thing and just mentally prepare your self to adjust to a bit more body roll.  If you do alot of high speed corners and generally faster speeds with less crawling i would leave it connected.  It does hinder the suspension articulation but it keeps the back end flatter in the long sweepers.

I personally run alot of high speed corners so i left mine on.  But i think im going to make my end links quick disconnects so when i go other places i can pull a pin and then i have full articulation just like alot of jeeps do for off roading.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:30 am

I run mine. Didn't like the way it felt without it.

Take a couple wrenchs with You next time You ride. Just disconnect one side and see if You like it.
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:36 am

If you run high speeds often, leave it on. It feels freaky when it leans over in turns. If you want the extra suspension travel, leave it off. It's hard to have both worlds here. Gotta pick one or the other. Some people pin there's for easy removable, but it's a pain after a while messing with it and hearing it shake and clatter around back there.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:19 am

banchee6 wrote:
If you run high speeds often, leave it on. It feels freaky when it leans over in turns. If you want the extra suspension travel, leave it off. It's hard to have both worlds here. Gotta pick one or the other. Some people pin there's for easy removable, but it's a pain after a while messing with it and hearing it shake and clatter around back there.
It doesnt have to shake and clatter....if you cut the end link and put a piece of tube around the link you just cut then pin it you should be good to go.
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:57 am

I guess I am going to have to try it.  I noticed that with the lift and bigger tires I don't tend to drive as fast.
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Might get chuddly to send you some pics. Sounds like a good idea in this situation.
Back to top Go down
BUMFUZZLED

BUMFUZZLED

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 2:53 pm

banchee6 wrote:
Banchee since your from the south and ride in mostly mud, how is your ride setup? With or without sway bar?
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 3:17 pm

I'm just blown away with the swaybar talk. Every single Rhino 700 I've ever seen does not have a swaybar. I know they used to come with a swaybar but then the recall for 2" spacers and swaybar delete... Yada Yada. We ride with a lot of Rhinos and none of them have a swaybar. Haha!
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 3:46 pm

I wouldn't think Thekevin's bike would have a sway bar on a 2013 model? I thimk my bike handles better on the trails without it. If someone wants to buy one I'll sell them mine??Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:00 pm

I put one on it after the fact before I started racing.  With my 14" wheels and 26" Big Horns I didn't really have that much body roll to begin with.  I was thinking that as stiff as the lift made it that I wouldn't need it anymore.
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:38 pm

I stuck mine back on for two reasons mainly one was I rode in alot of off camber situations and the sway bar really helped the way the rhino felt in those situations to me personally didnt make me feel like I needed to bail anymore. Second 30mph around a 10mph corner wasnt exceptable I wanted to go at least 40mph and keep the rear wheels spinning gravel not air....... same corners I would do 25mph on before and end up drifting into on coming traffics lanes I now can do running almost 40mph and stay in my lane so for me it was a must have. I also love the way it feels on the type of trails I ride with rear end on the ground all the time spinning dirt. Its reminds me of the old straight axle yamaha kodiaks everyone still loves like a goat sure footed but not as smooth as a IS Grizzly with alot less body roll that plays mind games with you even though your probably safe you think your not.
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:42 pm

ChrisH wrote:
I'm just blown away with the swaybar talk. Every single Rhino 700 I've ever seen does not have a swaybar. I know they used to come with a swaybar but then the recall for 2" spacers and swaybar delete... Yada Yada. We ride with a lot of Rhinos and none of them have a swaybar. Haha!
I think if you could find one cheap for your type of riding with the type of machine you have you would notice an instant difference that you had it on and would probably not take it off. Just my 2 cents and I am not affiliated with any sway bar companies!
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:43 pm

I never flipped mine before I put the sway bar on and now I have dumped it twice in about 300 miles.  I don't like not being able to feel what the bike is actually doing.  With the sway bar once you feel it you are screwed.
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Centrifugal Force is your problem!!cheers
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:57 pm

This is no swaybar and no issues.

Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:47 pm

No sway bar here. I want my suspension to move as much as possible. I did have the issue of axle boots a while back as well. I had my rhino really jacked up with a 2" lift and sport shocks turned way up. Removed rear lift after breaking an axle and now I'm stock height with rhino brand axles. About to install 3" arched a arms and re tune the suspension to my preference. The sway bar is just a little added security. But might make you drive it over the edge and she will get tired and lay down.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 6:45 pm

took mine off like the way it flexes better
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Took mine off also...much better!!
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:14 pm

I removed mine, more flex and the wheels stay on the ground better over bumps.
Back to top Go down
BUMFUZZLED

BUMFUZZLED

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 1:37 am

Gonna take it off and try it out this weekend!
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 9:43 am

I may take mine off again and try it out and see if I am missing something.
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 9:33 pm

I took mine off tonight when I got home and went on a quick 5 mile ride and man I love it.  I think it was perfect for racing, but it won't be going back on my rig.  It's amazing how much smoother it is on the trails and really feels like the rear wheels are making contact all the time.
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 9:42 pm

Damn it guess I'll pull mine off tomorrow night and cruise it around and see what's up!!
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:50 pm

Hey Rodney, this thread is for all the cool kids with the lift kits not you little stocker guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts   Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you guys run a rear swaybar with your lifts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next