HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 48 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 48 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Replaced factory lights with LEDs Vote_lcapReplaced factory lights with LEDs Voting_barReplaced factory lights with LEDs Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Replaced factory lights with LEDs Vote_lcapReplaced factory lights with LEDs Voting_barReplaced factory lights with LEDs Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Replaced factory lights with LEDs

Go down 
+15
Bumpers
RhinoGT350
chalkminer
rhino727
09-rhino700
Snorider
scottwv
Crusty
123.bert0621
T.Rhino
REDRHINO64
WV Hot Rod Rhino
flimmy
JOHN DILLARD
Hump
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hump

Hump

Replaced factory lights with LEDs Empty
PostSubject: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:03 pm

I picked up some round LED lights from Flimmy to put in place of the factory headlights.  Light bar was to bright to run out on the pavement and the factory headlights are a joke, not to mention down right dangerous.  Seen all the hid bulb replacements with one light always burned out and balasts always going bad.  So I got this "bright" idea.  Ran it by Flimmy at the group ride and he hooked me up. 

Pictures coming soon.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Replaced factory lights with LEDs Headlights1_zps5fb363da
Replaced factory lights with LEDs Headlights2_zpsd003576b
Replaced factory lights with LEDs Headlights3_zpse9a2c931
Replaced factory lights with LEDs Headlights4_zps64838ed5
Back to top Go down
JOHN DILLARD

JOHN DILLARD

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Hey hump they look good I done the same thing. They work out great don't know why someone hasn't marketed these.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:46 pm

I took the bottom mounts off the lights.  The back of the lights have 4 #10 holes drilled and tapped.  So I made a plate to bolt up to them and bolt through the factory holes in the sides that held the old lights.  Had to do a hack job on the buckets, but I don't care.
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Great job Hump. cheers 

I might have to order another set and try this myself
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
JOHN DILLARD

JOHN DILLARD

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:58 pm

I used HD style driving lights and clamps modded and original mounting holes no plastic mod.easy mod and still use factory switch.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:35 pm

JOHN DILLARD wrote:
I used HD style driving lights and clamps modded and original mounting holes no plastic mod.easy mod and still use factory switch.
THat's great.  That's what I did with the wires.  They come on with low beam on the factory switch.  I had to do some cutting to clear the bottom of the light where the mount used to bolt up.  Could have cut that part off the light, but decided to cut the factory housing since it wouldn't matter if water/mud got in there anymore.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:38 pm

These fit really tight.  Had to shove them in pretty hard.  I can't wait to try them out.  They have a wide flood pattern and that's what I was needing.  I have my light bar aimed a little high, so it has everything else covered for the most part.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:03 pm

nice!!
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Great job! those look nice and bright!Shocked
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Can't wait to here how they do sounds like a great idea my hid are acting up might be something I need to look into.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:03 pm

That's an awesome idea, something to really think about.
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:12 pm

looks way good, might have to do that to mamma's Rhino since the guy I bought it from painted the Damn headlights lol
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:29 pm

Hump wrote:
I took the bottom mounts off the lights.  The back of the lights have 4 #10 holes drilled and tapped.  So I made a plate to bolt up to them and bolt through the factory holes in the sides that held the old lights.  Had to do a hack job on the buckets, but I don't care.
Bad ass man !!! My dad swapped the ones out on his terx...his are oe ; but , they look just like those !!  What size are they ?!?
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:07 pm

scottwv wrote:
Hump wrote:
Bad ass man !!! My dad swapped the ones out on his terx...his are oe ; but , they look just like those !!  What size are they ?!?
They are 4 1/2".  They barely squeezed in the factory holes after I cut out the bottom to clear the housing where the pedistal mount bolts up.  There may be alot of diferent ways to mount them up in factory location if you get creative.

here's the link: http://www.trailbrightled.com/45-round-18w_p_50.html
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:37 pm

I really like that. Great job. now I want to do it. lol.

flimmy how much are those?

no wait..... I don't want to know, well yea I do,
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:58 pm

Snorider wrote:
I really like that. Great job. now I want to do it. lol.

flimmy how much are those?

no wait..... I don't want to know, well yea I do,

They are $42 ea but if I do a group buy and people are willing to wait about 3 weeks I can do better.  I'll have some numbers tomorrow.  I would need about 12 lights. To bring the price down.

Last edited by flimmy on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:01 pm

I'm up for waiting. especially after going through my sled.
Back to top Go down
09-rhino700

09-rhino700

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:35 pm

I'm also interested
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 6:44 am

Would this work on a 04 model also ?
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:54 pm

I think they are all the same Teddy.  I'm not totally happy with the way I mounted them up, but I done a quick job.  If they stay aimed after a hard ride I will be ok.  Be very careful shoving them back in those holes because they fit really tight.  I thought they may have looked a little stupid compared to the factory lights, but I like it much better.
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Gonna have to do this on Mamma's Pink Rhino since the guy had spray painted the headlights when he painted the rest of the machine lol
Luckily I happen to have 4 LED's like that already.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 6:48 pm

well there's another mod I want , Steve  let us know how much brighter than stock they are , these are just on/off no high low right
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 7:04 pm

Jeff , just on and off , no hi/lo
Back to top Go down
chalkminer

chalkminer

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:46 am

But wait...  What if we wired these to the low circuit and and added an LED light bar and wire that to the high circuit?  Hmmmmm....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replaced factory lights with LEDs   Replaced factory lights with LEDs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replaced factory lights with LEDs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next