HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Teryx shocks?? Vote_lcapTeryx shocks?? Voting_barTeryx shocks?? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Teryx shocks??

Go down 
+5
Pokahpolice
WV Hot Rod Rhino
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
ASPENDELLROVER
Djbison
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Djbison

Djbison

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:43 pm

I have a friend with new teryx shocks from his bike just curious the goods an bads on putting them on my rhino?????
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:50 pm

pokapolice has em
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:52 pm

And hes got some serious lift with 'em to!
Back to top Go down
Djbison

Djbison

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:04 am

Are they good on the rhino tho??
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:54 am

just have to cut the lower shock bolt so it will clear and not break the axle
Back to top Go down
Djbison

Djbison

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:59 am

Just shorten the bolt? An do u have to mount them upside down?
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:30 am

The rears have to mount upside down, hopefully pokah will chime in he has a thread on it somewhere.
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:36 am

Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:39 am

Djbison wrote:
Just shorten the bolt? An do u have to mount them upside down?

you have to grind part of the head off to clear the axle because the a-arm goes down farther
Back to top Go down
Pokahpolice

Pokahpolice

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:39 am

Sorry I didn't see this thread yesterday guys.

The Teryx shocks are a great addition. BUT and there is a big but, you need to install them correctly or you'll spend a fortune on replacing CVs and snapped axles.

1.) The fronts will bolt on. No mods no problems.

2.) Flip the rears upsidedown. The bushings are to wide so you'll need to grind them down to fit. HINT - grind the bushings closest to the tire as much as possible and the bushing closest to diff as little as possible. This will pull the resi on the shock away from the axle and keep it from rubbing.

3.) Give it hell to get it in the mount. I had to grind some of the shock body to get it to fit...it's not an easy task.

4.) The bottom mount bolt on the passenger side will hit the axle at full extension. DO NOT ignore this problem!!! Figure out a solution. Some guys are finding bolts with smaller heads that clear the axle. I cut the bolt and welded a flat washer on the end I cut off. Then used an impact to tighten.

5.) If you have to compress the shock to get the axle back in place, you have too much travel for the CVs and they WILL grenade. You should be able to get everything back together without trouble. Like I said if you can't because the bolts on the spindles won't line up with the axle in place...STOP. You'll either need CVs that can handle the extension of the shocks or you'll need to install limit straps. I found that the stock CVs are fine but I had cheap aftermarket axles and CVs that couldn't handle the lift.

This all sounds like a lot but they are a great option for someone on a budget. I love the shocks and I love the lift they provide. I have 13.5 inches of clearance to the rear hitch and 14inches everywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Djbison

Djbison

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:17 pm

Wow thanks for the help I am definitely going to put them in now!!!
Back to top Go down
clembone

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Subscribing to this thread!!!!  Just ordered my Teryx shocks and can't wait to get them on.
Back to top Go down
Tommygun

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Pokahpolice Helped me out a couple years ago when I installed mine.  I love my teryx shocks an wouldn't have anything any different.  You get about 2" of lift an its a stiffer ride but its worth the ground clearance and load capacity.  my only advice Pokahpolice already said it...make sure when you grind the bushing on the rear shocks that you grind it so that it it throws the shock further away from the axle.
Back to top Go down
clembone

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:46 pm

Yeh I have saved the tips from his install. Mine will be here tomorrow so I'm ready to put them on.
Back to top Go down
Snorider

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 4:11 pm

I put some on mine and didn't have any clearance issues with the bolt and axle. everything cleared by a long ways. Question  So i didn't grind the bolt at all. So you might not have any problem with the bolt head and axle contacting.

it does ride really sweet afterwards though.
Back to top Go down
clembone

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Yeh u know I heard the same thing when I installed my 2" cfm lift but my bolt cleared fine. I do have some 12mm bolts I have already ground down just to be prepared. Also I'm going to grind bushings the way everyone suggest so hopefully no issue there either. Think I'm ready so install will go pretty smooth. Just will have to find the time to do it. Probably be after thanksgiving week.
Back to top Go down
Snorider

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 4:28 pm

I used a lathe just cause I didn't want to spend so much time grinding the bushing down, but I did contemplate it . lol I Just used dial calipers to measure and then I took roughly 5/8 of the material off one side then the rest off the side closest to the axle. worked like a charm and was done in about an hour and a half with all four.
Back to top Go down
clembone

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 4:35 pm

U only have to grind the rear right?  The fronts you don't have to do anything.
Back to top Go down
Snorider

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 4:37 pm

yea the front are fast easy swap. and you only have to grind one end of the rear. it really wouldn't take that long with a 9inch grinder either.
Back to top Go down
clembone

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 10:59 pm

Well got m shocks in today and couldn't stand it. I went a head and threw the fronts on real quick (I love air tools). Anyway it sits higher with the new shocks on softest setting than it did with stock shocks on highest setting. Will finish rear next week. This may be dumb question but how do I adjust rears or can I?  Thanks for all the info.
Back to top Go down
clembone

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:52 pm

Need some help. Started putting on the rear shocks today. I have the bolt head as flat as a washer and it still looks like if tires come of ground it could touch axle or boot. Also the shock will slightly rotate even after I tighten it down cause it to hit axle. Are thes results everyone is seeing?  The clearances that close?  Also how do I soften them up. I think I let spring expand correct?  Any hep would be great want this thing ready for Saturday!!!
Back to top Go down
Snorider

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:20 pm

for the rears you undo the jam nut and spin the other one down lengthening the spring. it will soften them up. then make sure to reset the jam nut. the clearances are tight on some. like on mine I had plenty of clearance. especially how I ground down the shock more on one side than the other. but also you can take a LITTLE off the shock body if you need to, it won't hurt the shock at all.

my shocks are tight in there. no side to side play at all. I might have actually made them a little too tight. lol  if you took too much off you could put a washer or spacer inside the mount next to the shock to tighten it up. 

as for the bolt head hitting I can't help ya much there. here is how close the bolt is to the axle with the the tires off the ground on the rears on mine. 

Teryx shocks?? Img_0010
Back to top Go down
Snorider

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:24 pm

I tried forcing it down when I had the tire off when I was installing them and couldn't make it come even close to hitting so I was lucky and got to leave it how it was with no grinding.
Back to top Go down
clembone

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:33 pm

Thanks that helps a ton. Also I think I see the issue. The bolt I got and ground down was. 19 mm head so the diameter was larger. Yours looks like the clearance I had with my cfm lift and stock bolt. I will try and use stock bolt tomorrow. I also have washers available and will get my spacing better. Thanks along man!!
Back to top Go down
Snorider

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:43 pm

No problem. glad to help anytime I can. and I can see that 19mm head making a big difference in clearance as well. hope it all falls together for ya tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Teryx shocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx shocks??   Teryx shocks?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teryx shocks??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next