HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Vote_lcapWant Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Voting_barWant Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Vote_lcapWant Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Voting_barWant Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Go down 
+15
madmax 1
mike734
RhinoGT350
Vital
ASPENDELLROVER
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
WV Hot Rod Rhino
KJrhino
rhino727
Hump
banchee6
REDRHINO64
scottwv
Firefighter
ChrisH
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
banchee6

banchee6

Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 9:40 am

just send me your motor and clutch set up and ill test the 30's for ya..... lmao
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 6:37 pm

After a long, 33 day, wait for my tires everything are in and installed.

When I came home, I found the UPS guy had left me a package.
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Photo1_zpsd52b4bfa

This is a pic of the tires mounted to the wheels, ready to be bolted on to the Rhino.
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Photo2_zps334de7fc

Finally, here is the new stance.
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Photo4_zps794d395d

Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Photo5_zps15e936e2

At this early stage in the game, all I can say is that these 30" Bighorns ride just as amazingly smooth as the smaller Bighorns.

Last edited by ChrisH on Tue May 28, 2013 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 6:38 pm

WOW !
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 6:57 pm

Dang right!!...looks great chris!!,how much ground clearance u got now?
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:12 pm

RENEGADE64 wrote:
Dang right!!...looks great chris!!,how much ground clearance u got now?

Yea x2
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:45 pm

I only have about 15" in the back, because I have my shocks turned way down for a good ride and decent flex.

I am currently debating on taking off the wheel spacers. I have 2" in the back and 1" spacers in the front. The brake calipers are not inside the wheel on the back!
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:13 pm

That looks sweet!!! Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 2016508534
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:49 pm

That rhino looks great!! cant wait to hear how it goes...15'' is great on the rear,i have 11 3/4 on the rear...im gonna have to get another job so I can get me some new bighorns!!!lol!
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:51 pm

..........he only has about 15'' on the back.....only!!!!lol!
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:51 pm

You guys are a riot!
One minute, it seems like anything under 17" of ground clearance might as well stay on the hardpack kiddie trails. Well, I guess I get that from the boys over at Highlifter. It seems like you got to have 30s to even get off the trailer to hang with them.

Nonetheless, I rode for a while this afternoon around my lot. Again I maintain that these big 'ol Bighorns are butter smooth. And I did an impromptu drag race against my buddy with 27" Radial Outlaws with stock motor but JBS sheave and still easily beat him.

Check out a few more pics:

Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 IMG_5737_zpsf4e76946

Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 IMG_5738_zps14013ed3

Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 IMG_5739_zps193c2cde
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:20 pm

You go chris...looking good bud!!!Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 2016508534
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:59 pm

looks good, I am impressed how quick you got it cleaned up!
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 12:45 am

There were born to be on your rhino, that thing looks like it just came off the showroom floor!
Back to top Go down
Vital

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:18 am

banchee6 wrote:
I do not like a zilla tire....... I never seen a bike pull thru anything with Zillas on it...... I know they light but they dont have very deep thread... and they dont clean out well.... who ever says they do LIED........

The mudlite xxl in 30's are also a decent tire. Deep thread and work well all around.....

I don't know where you get this from but it is not accurate. I run 28" Zilla's on my Rhino and it's hands down the best tire I have ever had. It's great in mud and cleans out VERY well, WAY better than the Mudlite's I had which were a joke in the mud. The Zilla is super smooth on trails and hard pack while still being a very solid mud tire. I had Terracross tires on here the last time and when I swapped them for the Zilla's I picked up quite a bit of power. When you drop 8+ pounds of rotational mass like that it's the same as gaining horsepower. Going from 26" Terracross to 28" Zilla's gave me a little more clearance while still riding almost as good on hard pack but offered way better mud capability.
Back to top Go down
RhinoGT350

RhinoGT350

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:19 pm

wow those are some sweet rims, wish mine looked like that
Back to top Go down
mike734

mike734

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:13 am

with the extra GC how are the 30" bighorns in the mud? I am back and forth between 27" bighorns  , 30" bighorns and 30" mudlites.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 8:26 am

looks damn good chris , did you doing anything to address  the rhino middle gear issues
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:29 am

nice!!!
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 8:12 pm

mike734 wrote:
with the extra GC how are the 30" bighorns in the mud? I am back and forth between 27" bighorns  , 30" bighorns and 30" mudlites.
The 30" Bighorns are real similar to the smaller Bighorns. They will pack up in the clay-based mud pretty fast. But if you can spin them, they will self clean and pull ok... better than some people would believe but they by no means "paddle" like an Outlaw. 

In my humble opinion, I would rank the 30" Bighorn real close to the 30" Zilla. I don't think there is any place that the Zilla would go that the Bighorn would not, and vice versa. They also measure very close to the same height as one another. My 30" Bighorns seem to measure about 29" tall mounted up and on the Rhino. My buddy's 30" Zillas look real similar, maybe ever so slightly taller, but it's difficult to tell because of the different tire profiles.

The great thing about a 30" tall tire is the ground clearance. With my 3" CATVOS lift and my Walker Evans Racing shocks not hardly cranked, I have around 15" ground clearance under the rear skid plate and a little over 15" in the front. This is the real fun part of riding real rugged terrain: you have plenty of ground clearance to go over almost anything. Even better is that the Bighorn is right at home on high speed stuff. These tires will happily cruise as fast as my Rhino will go (over 62MPH on the GPS) and you can steer with one hand. No darting or floating; these tires feel like car tires at high speeds. 

Trust me, I have owned Outlaws and Terminators and other big lugged mud tires. While they will dominate the Bighorn in the mud and deep water, they don't like to go fast at all. Seriously, 50MPH on a set of 'Laws or 'Terms is a scary feeling. It feels like you are about to lose it any second. The Bighorns are total opposite: poor to fair in deep mud and good to excellent at speed.

The 30" Mud Lite XXL is a dang good tire, too. It gets a bad wrap because of its name but it will hold it's own. They tend to measure closer to size than the 30" Bighorn or Zilla. 

By the way, the smaller Bighorns run over their stated size. My 26" Bighorns were almost 27" tall mounted and installed. The 25" Bighorns run similarly big, I hear. I don't know much about the 27" Bighorns. But the 28" and 30" Bighorns run a little short. I have owned 26" Zillas and they were a little short. My pop has 25" Zillas and they are also short.

madmax 1 wrote:
looks damn good chris , did you doing anything to address  the rhino middle gear issues

You bring up the one thing that scares me. 
No, I did not do anything to the middle drive gear assembly. I asked tons of questions and looked at a lot of different pictures of Rhino engine cases. What I saw is pretty much what I heard. The 700 motor has a stronger middle drive gear support than the 660 motor.

Now is it bulletproof? I would say no as I have seen more than a couple of 700 motors with bused middle drive gears in both the Grizzly and Rhino vehicles. Weller Racing, Alba, and JBS believe that the 700 motor has a higher probability of breaking the internal drive shaft (through-shaft is what it is sometimes called) than the middle drive gear. Again, it is not impossible to blow the middle drive on the 700 so yeah, I am rolling the dice with a built motor and 30" tires.

I have braced both my front and rear differentials. I think my only saving grace is that I am running a relatively light 30" tire, and the tire doesn't hook up like a real mud tire. Nonetheless, I will not be doing any 4WD burnouts with these 30s because I do fear for the middle drive gear. I also run stock axles. I'd rather one of those blow than the middle drive gear.
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:28 pm

Your Rhino is awesome looking with those tires and rims on it. The ground clearance is amazing. I run 27's on 15" rims with a 2" rdc lift, and got 13" of ground clearance. I was happy with that, now I don't know. Thanks Chris
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:41 pm

LoL!
I would be many thousand dollars richer if I would just unplug my Internet. The likes of JBS and Alba have got a tight grip on the ol debit card. 
Workhorserhino wrote:
 I was happy with that, now I don't know.  Thanks Chris
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:52 pm

Great looking Rhino,love those 30" tires I have spoken to many people about the Bighorns and nobody that I talked to was not happy with way they preformed,one of these days I will have a set.
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:47 am

62mph with 30'' tires.....that's great,good write up!!Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
JRLoosTX

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 4:26 pm

Chris, I am still disappointed that you sold out on us... but I can't wait to ride again down there. I am planning to ride for New Year's but haven't decided where yet. Maybe we can ride down at Mud Buddy's...
Back to top Go down
moobster

moobster

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 6:59 pm

Looks awesome with 30's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino   Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2