HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Advice needed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Advice needed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Advice needed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Advice needed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Advice needed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Advice needed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Advice needed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Advice needed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Advice needed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Advice needed Vote_lcapAdvice needed Voting_barAdvice needed Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Advice needed

Go down 
+4
Firefighter
Stuntmanmike
jdsande3
tommyp
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tommyp

tommyp

Advice needed Empty
PostSubject: Advice needed   Advice needed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:55 am

I have a 2012 stock rhino with 27" Zillas on it.. Went to the Atv park this weekend and it did fine all day until i dropped off into a deep sloppy mud pit.. Went into it in high range and 4 wheel drive.. About mid way threw it booged down on me a bit, It came out of it but dont like the idea of it booging... Should i have went threw in low range?? OR would a sheave help this problem?
Back to top Go down
jdsande3

jdsande3

Advice needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed   Advice needed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:01 am

Talk to James and definitely get the sheave. The machined sheave will allow the Rhino to act as if it was in low range while in high range (while still allowing top end speed and lower cruising RPMs), and it makes low range that much lower. Best mod I did, and I also have a 2012. Talk to James if you want more info.
Back to top Go down
Stuntmanmike

Stuntmanmike

Advice needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed   Advice needed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:07 am

Low gear will help, But installing a jbs sheeve and adding weight to your wet clutch will allow you to plow thru even in high. I have writen a thead on how to do the wet clutch Mod on another fourm and will post it up here later today when I have more time. Call james and he can set you up with the right sheeve and primary weights to get started.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

Advice needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed   Advice needed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:14 am

The sheave is a must have for any kind of riding. Even in high range, when You take off, its like Your in low. He machines it that way. You will normally get lower cruising rpm's also, which help a lot with noise.

Another thought for under water or mud riding, is removal of the exhaust fan. Its on the passenger side between the gas tank and motor. If it gets water or mud in it, it will cause motor to bog down. I still have mine on, but a lot of guys take them off. As far as I know, all it does is blow air across the exhaust hanger.
Back to top Go down
jdsande3

jdsande3

Advice needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed   Advice needed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:21 am

I could be wrong Firefighter, but I'm pretty sure the 700s don't have an exhaust fan.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

Advice needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed   Advice needed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:41 am

Good to know. I thought they all had them. Thanks
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

Advice needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed   Advice needed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:04 pm

I love mud riding as much as anyone. And the advice on this topic so far is spot-on. A JBS sheave is the absolute best sheave for the Rhino that you can buy right now.

When it comes to putting a Rhino in deep, thick mud, you need additional torque to turn the tires and clean out the tread. James' sheave is milled in such a way that the belt can drop lower into the primary sheave assembly at very low speeds. This is like a mild gear reduction which is exactly what the Rhino motor needs to build the torque needed to get those tires turning in 4WD.

The sheave, however, is also milled to let the belt ride up higher on the face of the primary sheave assembly so that as ground speed increases you get more of an overdrive ratio for a fast cruising speed without hitting the rev limiter.

Think of the sheave as an expanded set of transmission gears- lower low and higher high.

Stuntmanmike also brings up another great mod for Rhinos that mud ride and see heavy loads. Adding weight to the wet clutch blocks allows the clutch blocks to engage sooner (with less stall) and to bite harder against the drum (for less slip).

I have personally done both of the mods in question here. I have the JBS sheave and have also added weight to my wet clutch (sometimes called clutch slugs). My Rhino turns tires better than any of my buddies' Rhinos. I can ride in High Range way more. My motor doesn't bog in deep mud in 4WD. From your description, you would definitely benefit from these two clutch mods. It's the way the Rhino should have come stright from the factory.
Back to top Go down
southark

southark

Advice needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed   Advice needed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 6:30 pm

I'm running 29.5 Terms on my rhino and a JBS sheave 14ods and 16ods in mine with 6grams of wieght to each shoe best thing I've done.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

Advice needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed   Advice needed Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:58 am

The sheave will let you do stuff like that in high without bogging down. If you really want to clean those tires throw it in low with a JBS sheave. With the sheave low range is both lower and higher. You will gain tons of power down low and get alot of wheelspeed in the mud. My low range runs higher rpms than stock at slower speeds and I've had it to 46mph in low.
Back to top Go down
Dizzledog1

Dizzledog1

Advice needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed   Advice needed Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:02 pm

How much to slug a wet clutch. I have jbs sheave purple spring 16 od msd 3d. It runs good. I can out run teryx n keep up with most rzrs off the line til bout 25 mph.... Then I get smoked. I don't race much but I do hit the hills and the mudholes. I want more !!! I love my rhino but I need more performance. You know bang for ur buck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Advice needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed   Advice needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice needed
Page 1 of 1