HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
4WD Switch stuck or broken? Vote_lcap4WD Switch stuck or broken? Voting_bar4WD Switch stuck or broken? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
4WD Switch stuck or broken? Vote_lcap4WD Switch stuck or broken? Voting_bar4WD Switch stuck or broken? Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

4WD Switch stuck or broken?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AZredrhino

AZredrhino

4WD Switch stuck or broken? Empty
PostSubject: 4WD Switch stuck or broken?   4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 2:47 am

Was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I was on a night ride tonight went to climb a steep hill and it was dark in the cab (I know, get a dome light) as I was trying to push the 4WD button the whole switch went thru the dash. fished it out under the hood and it went back into it's mount ok. The when I switched the lever over to go to diff. lock it went ok, but then the lever would not come back to let me take it out of 4WD giggled a little and finally got it knowing I had one more hill to get home that was super steep and would need diff lock again. So sure enough after climbing that last hill the lever would not come back. So I took the switch out of the dash thru the back and there is a screw that holds the lever on. I loosened it but would not pivot back so the lever was loose enough to release the button underneath the lever to get home. buttons work fine just that there is something wrong with the lever. Hopefully this don't mean a whole new switch. Any one else had this happen……thanks
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: 4WD Switch stuck or broken?   4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 8:51 am

yep...lube it then break it loose
Back to top Go down
RiverRat

RiverRat

PostSubject: Re: 4WD Switch stuck or broken?   4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 10:48 am

Mine is broken. It was like that when I bought the rhino. Everything still works though. Just have to remember to push both buttons to turn it all back off.
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: 4WD Switch stuck or broken?   4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 12:14 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
yep...lube it then break it loose

x 2....mine was doing that too...go grab you a "cold one" , cuz that's about how long it'll take. Just keep spraying wd-40 in it , and keep working it back and forth...it's kinda tough at first...just keep spraying , and flipping it back-n-forth. About the time your beer's empty...it'll be working smooth as silk !! Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
AZredrhino

AZredrhino

PostSubject: Re: 4WD Switch stuck or broken?   4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 1:46 pm

ok…I'll give it a go…wasn't sure about spraying lub in there with the switches and all….thanks
Back to top Go down
USAFAMMO

USAFAMMO

PostSubject: Re: 4WD Switch stuck or broken?   4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Mine did the same thing. I disassembled it, cleaned it, lubed it and it worked for awhile then locked up again. I bought one off ebay that has worked fine ever since..?? Good luck
Back to top Go down
AZredrhino

AZredrhino

PostSubject: Re: 4WD Switch stuck or broken?   4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 5:01 pm

Well I disassembled it and seen the problem. two little springs with ball bearings in a shoot hole. and there are two small holes next to it which one ball has been going in coming off the spring. I cleaned reassembled many times but it just kept locking up. so no springs and balls the lever just goes back and forth, just don't have the little snapping action that hold it to it's position. seems it works ok.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4WD Switch stuck or broken?   4WD Switch stuck or broken? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4WD Switch stuck or broken?
Page 1 of 1