HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 54 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 54 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Vote_lcapEZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Voting_barEZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Vote_lcapEZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Voting_barEZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Go down 
+22
thePayne
sugarbear
Jet
DHILL
REDRHINO64
Workhorserhino
Mrs. Hot Rod
wolverine34
Snorider
banchee6
brewis
Rhinofire13
madmax 1
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
WV Hot Rod Rhino
txgrown1404
scottwv
chuddly
weekendwarriorfsw32
thekevin
T.Rhino
ASPENDELLROVER
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:59 pm

brewis wrote:
After reading all of your positive comments on the power steering a bit the bullet and ordered one from James. Fast shipping by the way. The install went quite smoothly, less some clearance issues with the brake switch. After some, 3, adjustments and shortening the spring it's not hitting the u joint anymore. The wiring is pretty straight forward, plenty of wiring, five extra feet. Now for the switched wire on the ignition, okay the instructions are completel wrong, not the same color wires. It's late and I don't have the manual so I decide to call it quits and call Super Atv in the morning. This morning I make the call and the phone is answered promptly by Kevin. I told him the instructions said to connect the switched wire to the red and yellow wire on the ignition switch but my Rhino doesn't have one. I explain to Kevin it got br blue, blk y, blue blk and red. He tells me to wait. He comes back and tells me I need to hook it up to the red and yellow wire. But I explain again Idon't have one. Kevin tells me "then you'll need to figure it out" Wow!!!! So I will. THANKS Kevin! Okay I'm better now. More to follow.

i will check on it and see whats up
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:03 pm

brewis wrote:
After reading all of your positive comments on the power steering a bit the bullet and ordered one from James. Fast shipping by the way. The install went quite smoothly, less some clearance issues with the brake switch. After some, 3, adjustments and shortening the spring it's not hitting the u joint anymore. The wiring is pretty straight forward, plenty of wiring, five extra feet. Now for the switched wire on the ignition, okay the instructions are completel wrong, not the same color wires. It's late and I don't have the manual so I decide to call it quits and call Super Atv in the morning. This morning I make the call and the phone is answered promptly by Kevin. I told him the instructions said to connect the switched wire to the red and yellow wire on the ignition switch but my Rhino doesn't have one. I explain to Kevin it got br blue, blk y, blue blk and red. He tells me to wait. He comes back and tells me I need to hook it up to the red and yellow wire. But I explain again Idon't have one. Kevin tells me "then you'll need to figure it out" Wow!!!! So I will. THANKS Kevin! Okay I'm better now. More to follow.

Ya Scott, I had the same problem, so I ended up looking at the wiring diagram in my manual, crazy huh, I used the brn w/red stripe and it worked fine. I did have to use pliars to really mash the scotch lock in order for it to make contact with the small guage white wire. If that didnt work I was going to try the 12v aux plug in the dash cus it only has power when the ignition is on. If the red light is on you got the right wire, simple as that. hope that helps. I have not got to take it on a trail but hitting a curb, no bump steer, and I'm able to turn the wheel on grass and assphalt with one hand easily. It was not a 2hr install for me either.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:06 pm

banchee6 wrote:
How are the underwater capabilities of it??

no water out here in CA Eric..lol, but their new upgrade for the PS is water tight plugs on the module, thats what Tyler told me, and the plus are super tight with a nice seal
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:57 pm

I'm looking into one. Those big tires are sliding the wheel out my hand on the trails at slower speeds. Kinda scary
Back to top Go down
brewis

brewis

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:38 pm

Funny Shit .......That will be determined later this weekend.
Back to top Go down
brewis

brewis

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:42 pm

The brown wire is the switched one. Seems to work good. Tks. Funny Shit .......That will be determined later this weekend.
Back to top Go down
brewis

brewis

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:48 pm

Sorry for the f'd messages. I'm on my cell with limited service.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:41 pm

hey scott, how do you like the slugs, did you notice any diff and how was the install....2hr?...lol...keep us posted on your ez steer review. I'll be testing in the sierra's on father's day
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 1:14 am

[quote=

Ya Scott, I had the same problem, so I ended up looking at the wiring diagram in my manual, crazy huh, I used the brn w/red stripe and it worked fine. I did have to use pliars to really mash the scotch lock in order for it to make contact with the small guage white wire. If that didnt work I was going to try the 12v aux plug in the dash cus it only has power when the ignition is on. If the red light is on you got the right wire, simple as that. hope that helps. I have not got to take it on a trail but hitting a curb, no bump steer, and I'm able to turn the wheel on grass and assphalt with one hand easily. It was not a 2hr install for me either.[/quote]

scotch locks on anything installed on a rhino??? Suspect

good thing you aren't in a moist area. those things are the devils little helper. I won;t let them be used on anything I do. especially terrible on trailers.
Back to top Go down
wolverine34

wolverine34

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 1:30 am

is the red light suppose to stay on or just come on and go off?
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 1:40 am

Snorider wrote:
[quote=

Ya Scott, I had the same problem, so I ended up looking at the wiring diagram in my manual, crazy huh, I used the brn w/red stripe and it worked fine. I did have to use pliars to really mash the scotch lock in order for it to make contact with the small guage white wire. If that didnt work I was going to try the 12v aux plug in the dash cus it only has power when the ignition is on. If the red light is on you got the right wire, simple as that. hope that helps. I have not got to take it on a trail but hitting a curb, no bump steer, and I'm able to turn the wheel on grass and assphalt with one hand easily. It was not a 2hr install for me either.

scotch locks on anything installed on a rhino??? Suspect

good thing you aren't in a moist area. those things are the devils little helper. I won;t let them be used on anything I do. especially terrible on trailers. [/quote]

thanks for the hot tip Nathan, not an electician, just used what they gave me, yep, not much water out here, what PS do you have?
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 1:42 am

wolverine34 wrote:

come on and then go off, thats what mine does and it works good so far
Back to top Go down
wolverine34

wolverine34

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 2:10 am

ok just cheacking lol. thats what mine does also.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Hot Rod
Admin
Mrs. Hot Rod

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 10:49 am

brewis wrote:

Dang Scott ... I hate to hear this. I forwarded this thread to a guy at Super ATV, so hopefully someone will give us some better customer service!!!
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 12:01 pm

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
wolverine34 wrote:

come on and then go off, thats what mine does and it works good so far
it will come on when you first start it for 3 sec and go back off it is also for diagnostic testing also.
Back to top Go down
brewis

brewis

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 1:24 pm

Yesterday we took it out for a torture test. The first puddle we hit, water three quarters up the wheel, the steering went hard right. I held it back and it stopped working. I redid the scotch connector and it seems to be . I have also noticed the connector for the power, on the control panel, won't lock. It looks like I'll be contacting s atv on Tuesday. Ooh well we'll test it again today.
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 3:34 pm

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:

thanks for the hot tip Nathan, not an electician, just used what they gave me, yep, not much water out here, what PS do you have?

well they are easy, fast, cheap and anyone can use them. just corrode terribly with crappy connection. I wish I had PS but that will be coming sometime in the future. have 1 or 2 purchases that take priority before I start looking into EPS.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 7:05 pm

thanks man, what would you use then?
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 10:09 pm

The best connection for no woories is cut the wire. Then solder it back together, heat shrink the connection. Any other type of connection creates resistance, what you don't want.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 11:53 pm

thanks Gene, I'm all over it. my rhino never breaks down, don't want to start now. I know it comes with aftermarket stuff, but if its done right, then there shouldnt be problems.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 12:01 am

brewis wrote:
Yesterday we took it out for a torture test. The first puddle we hit, water three quarters up the wheel, the steering went hard right. I held it back and it stopped working. I redid the scotch connector and it seems to be . I have also noticed the connector for the power, on the control panel, won't lock. It looks like I'll be contacting s atv on Tuesday. Ooh well we'll test it again today.

Scott, I checked my power to the control panel and it also wont lock. All the others do. I tried everything and no luck. bet they will tell us to push the gasket on the control down, already tried that. I have not done any testing like you, cus I live in CA and its 3 hrs to ride so I appreciate the feedback, so lets get it solved. If we cant maybe JBS will help us.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 9:36 am

solder the connections for sure
Back to top Go down
brewis

brewis

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:38 am

We put it through it's paces yesterday and it worked flawlessly. We did trails, mud, water, snow and tight maneuvering through the tress. We even pulled a wildcat out of the mud. I plan on replacing the splice but it worked great. The power steering gives the Rhino a new feel. Maybe a little loose but not bad all. I like it!!!!! I will contact s ATV on Tuesday and post my results.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:40 pm

did the power plug on the control panel come lose? kinda weird both our ours are the same, maybe its meant to be like that or they got a dad batch of plugs?
Back to top Go down
brewis

brewis

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 3:28 pm

It stayed connected yesterday and today. The power steering is awesome for maneuvering in tight places.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next