HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 36 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 36 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
any one have a trick for the axle nut? Vote_lcapany one have a trick for the axle nut? Voting_barany one have a trick for the axle nut? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
any one have a trick for the axle nut? Vote_lcapany one have a trick for the axle nut? Voting_barany one have a trick for the axle nut? Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

any one have a trick for the axle nut?

Go down 
+6
brewis
ASPENDELLROVER
mike734
UnderDawg
Wingman
chalkminer
10 posters
AuthorMessage
chalkminer

chalkminer

any one have a trick for the axle nut? Empty
PostSubject: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:58 pm

I am struggling with an axle nut today. I had trouble bending the little sleave out of the groove, b ut have since destroyed most of it with a little chisel. I still can't get it to budge. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can remove that nut?
Back to top Go down
Wingman

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Impact ...... Air or electric, your choice!!
Back to top Go down
chalkminer

chalkminer

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 3:17 pm

I tried the impact and the breaker bar. think I might try to slip the handle of my highlift over the breaker bar. It does come off counter clockwise right?
Back to top Go down
Wingman

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Righty tighty, lefty Lucy!! You are correct!!
Back to top Go down
UnderDawg

UnderDawg

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 3:37 pm

heat, if ya have a torch.
Back to top Go down
mike734

mike734

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:21 pm

careful with the heat you dont wanna melt your bearings or have the heat transfer to the back side and melt you cv boot. don't go crazy with long breaker bars. just cause that nuts not moving does mean your axles not. all that torque your applying has to go somewhere. call a buddy borrow a good impact gun. or go rent one from a auto parts store. and don't put the old nut back on order a new one.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:45 pm

just use a bad ass impact and crank it up!!!
Back to top Go down
brewis

brewis

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 6:34 pm

I pound the lock out of the way then use a breaker bar on the axle nut. At the same time I use a bar between the studs on the hub to obsorb the torque from the bar. When installing use blue lock tight. It won't go anywhere.

How often is everyone re doing their bearings?
Back to top Go down
Pokahpolice

Pokahpolice

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:40 pm

A good impact is the only thing that is going to work. I stood on a ten foot breaker bar and snapped an impact extension without budging the nut.
Back to top Go down
chalkminer

chalkminer

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:18 am

I bought a 3/4 inch impact gun this afternoon, but my compressor won't run it. I think the fittings are too small to supply the big impact. Looks like it will have to wait until morning.
Back to top Go down
Pokahpolice

Pokahpolice

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:07 am

Take it down to your mechanic and ask him to break the nut for you. That what I usually do because I don't have a large enough compressor to run my impact at full capacity.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 4:22 pm

i use a makita impact, no compressor needed...lol
Back to top Go down
honda450sfm

honda450sfm

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 5:59 pm

3/4 " breaker bar and something like this to hold the hub from turning.
[img]any one have a trick for the axle nut? IMG_0002[/img]
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 7:40 pm

I use a Dewalt 18 volt impact, makes easy work of the axle nut.
Back to top Go down
chalkminer

chalkminer

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:14 pm

Good idea Evan, I may have to make something like that. So far I have tried my cordless impact, corded impact, and half inch pneumatic impact. My compressor would not run the 3/4 inch pneumatic. I put the tire back on and chocked in as tight as I could and used a breaker bar, but still no luck. not quite ready to give up, so I am going to try to find a better impact or bigger air compresor. I think maybe the last owner might have got some hard core retaining compound mixed up with his thread-loc.
Back to top Go down
chalkminer

chalkminer

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:23 am

You guys were right. I borrowed a 3/4 inch electric impact and it took the nut right off!
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:27 am

sweet
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 am

glad for ya , hell I didn't know they had electric that big, cool ya got it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any one have a trick for the axle nut?   any one have a trick for the axle nut? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

any one have a trick for the axle nut?
Page 1 of 1