HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Sway bar??? Vote_lcapSway bar??? Voting_barSway bar??? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sway bar???

Go down 
+8
chuddly
Bumpers
Snorider
doober
scottwv
Firefighter
123.bert0621
Djbison
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Djbison

Djbison

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Which is better leave sway bar or take it out???
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:22 pm

I ride with out mine,I find the ride batter and more articulation,easier to keep the wheels on the ground when making slow maneuvers on uneven ground. You will have to try yourself and get used to the body roll. The sway bar is easy to remove and install so if one way is better for you stick with that, I think Yamaha wants it removed to slow people down. I may put mine back on to see if I am missing anything.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:38 pm

I took mine off for one weekend. It rides and articulates a LOT better. If You like to slide around corners, it feels like You are going to flip (and probably will).

May not have anything to do with it, but I broke an axle that weekend, so I put it back on. I thought it might be allowing a wheel to drop down to far when flexed.
Back to top Go down
scottwv

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:56 pm

Mine's off...but...I am running elka's...kinda the "best" of both worlds !! Good articulation ; and , very little body roll.
Back to top Go down
Djbison

Djbison

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Yeh I noticed on mine one side came undone so I was thinking of trying it with both off but I don't really wanna flip with the wife an daughter in it with me!!!
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:24 pm

If one side is undone, it is the same as both undone. The bar will just rotate with the side that is connected. Unless You are driving real aggressive, I dont think You would have anything to worry about.
Back to top Go down
doober

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:21 am

It was part of the spacer recall to remove the sway bar,have had mine off for a few years now and love it, would never put it back on
Back to top Go down
Snorider

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 2:28 pm

I've been thinking about unhooking mine as well and seeing how I like it. interested in how james front sway arm deal is set up. since he likes the front and not rear. can't wait till he posts pictures of it.
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 2:47 pm

throw it in the trash.. i havent had one since my first ride
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:09 pm

I have thought about doing it but i do ALOT of high speed cornering. like 40-45 mph sliding around a grassy field. I like the idea of the articulation but i have a horrible feeling of way to much body roll and pitching that thing on its roof HARD.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:15 pm

For You guy that TRULY understand how a sway bar works, answer me this . If the problem that people were having with the Rhino was " roll overs", Why would their voluntary recall consist of removing the sway bar. The sway bar, also know as "anti roll bar", helps to prevent body roll.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:29 pm

The sway bar keeps the wheel movement the same (or close to the same) left to right. it limits articulation but keeps it cornering flatter. Fatter sway bars keep it flatter and thinner ones let it flex a bit more. Yamaha's real problem wasnt the sway bar it was that the rear tires are inset to much for the center of gravity if you look at the seat they sit even or just slightly out board of the wheels. Thus giving leverage to the weight swing. so with the widened wheels it puts the weight back inside of the wheels giving more stability.

Sway bars are really good for fast corners but not so much for slow crawling. Also better shocks can overcome some of the downfalls of removing sway bars but not completely overcome it.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:34 pm

chuddly wrote:
The sway bar keeps the wheel movement the same (or close to the same) left to right. it limits articulation but keeps it cornering flatter. Fatter sway bars keep it flatter and thinner ones let it flex a bit more. Yamaha's real problem wasnt the sway bar it was that the rear tires are inset to much for the center of gravity if you look at the seat they sit even or just slightly out board of the wheels. Thus giving leverage to the weight swing. so with the widened wheels it puts the weight back inside of the wheels giving more stability.

Sway bars are really good for fast corners but not so much for slow crawling. Also better shocks can overcome some of the downfalls of removing sway bars but not completely overcome it.

Very well put ! But it is my understanding that the problem was high speed rollovers. Well, high speed for a Rhino. The wheel spacers make great sense, but removing the sway bar makes no sense. Even at slow speeds, the weight transfer that the sway bar creates helps to prevent a roll over.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Firefighter wrote:
chuddly wrote:

Very well put ! But it is my understanding that the problem was high speed rollovers. Well, high speed for a Rhino. The wheel spacers make great sense, but removing the sway bar makes no sense. Even at slow speeds, the weight transfer that the sway bar creates helps to prevent a roll over.

You have to remember that the Rhino with a stock CDI and sheave only went about 44mph on pavement. put in on grass or dirt and your talking about 40mph or less. I know what your saying as it seems counter productive but it also made people feel more unstable thus not pushing the Rhino as hard and over driving it. Moving the wheels out just a little makes a MAJOR different in the handling of anything. I like leaving my sway bar on because i high speed corner quite a bit and i would rather slide it without the body roll and give up some articulation. I dont have many rocks or anything. But i very well may make some "disco's" like is used in the off road world. They are quick disconnects so if you are trail riding slow and want the articulation you pull the pins and in 10 seconds you have full travel and articulation. If you are running fire roads and long sweeper corners you attach them back and you have a night tight back end.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:53 pm

I like my sway bar with my long travel.... Sway bar??? 2016508534
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:07 am

I removed mine and love it! From tight technical trails to high speed 4 wheel drifts in washes and hard pack roads. It will never get installed again!

Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:15 am

hmmmm
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:47 am

I took mine off when it was stock with just 2" spacers and never have missed it a bit. Im in alot of off camber situations as well. It will ride better and once your widened out a bit wether it be suspension or spacers it helps with the center of gravity and the possibility of flipping. Most of the time if you flip without the sway bar you would have flipped with it as well
Back to top Go down
Djbison

Djbison

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:57 am

I'm going to take it out an try it thanks for all the info guys much appreciated!!!
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Djbison wrote:
I'm going to take it out an try it thanks for all the info guys much appreciated!!!

Thats the best thing to do. You can just disconnect it and tie the bar up and try it. If You like it, then take it off, if You dont, just connect it back up. I've heard it's kinda of a bugger to get it out.
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:50 pm

Firefighter wrote:
Djbison wrote:

Thats the best thing to do. You can just disconnect it and tie the bar up and try it. If You like it, then take it off, if You dont, just connect it back up. I've heard it's kinda of a bugger to get it out.

Its been a while since i took mine off but as far as i remember it wasnt but ubolt it and pull it out
Back to top Go down
hilbillyconquest

hilbillyconquest

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:59 pm

you know this has got me wondering. When I got my rhino I took it and had the spacer recall done on it, I brought it straight home and put the sway bar back on.

I am wondering if I would like it better if I took it off?

with no longer than it takes to take it off I might give it a try.

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
doober

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:53 pm

I would recommend it, you will notice a difference within a few minutes of driving
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:03 pm

Mines off and I like it a lot better..rides better over the rough stuff.
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 1:37 am

Djbison wrote:

When you first remove it. Go on a couple of rides before you make your decision. My first ride I thought I don't like it, another ride, I liked it. Now I love not having it!

I do think tire size and pressures do effect body roll. I'm running 26x11x14 on the rear. So I'm not getting all the tire flex you would get with the 12 inch wheels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sway bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway bar???   Sway bar??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sway bar???
Page 1 of 1