HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Sway Bar Disconnect Vote_lcapSway Bar Disconnect Voting_barSway Bar Disconnect Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Sway Bar Disconnect Vote_lcapSway Bar Disconnect Voting_barSway Bar Disconnect Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sway Bar Disconnect

Go down 
+13
REDRHINO64
Dizzledog1
Kenny G
madmax 1
ChrisH
KJrhino
skeeter9
Hump
tjt603
southark
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Firefighter
Yotehunter66
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yotehunter66
Yotehunter66

Sway Bar Disconnect Empty
PostSubject: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:40 am

I have not unhooked the sway bar on my 450 yet. How many of you have and what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:52 am

I've kept mine hooked up . Reason being, I like to slide around some corners and it keeps the back end a little flatter. I think You would gain some flex by taking it off. Just not an advantage for me.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:15 pm

i like running a front one without the rear in rough and both in fast trails
Back to top Go down
southark

southark

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:30 pm

I don't run one on mine but I'm riding pretty slow and in the mud a lot and it gives me more flex to crawl around down in the ruts.
Back to top Go down
tjt603

tjt603

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:32 pm

i do alot of trail and mud riding so i took mine off its alot better for me i love it. And you can still go fast in it you just cant take a turn doing 40mph which i dont plan on doing anyway.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:48 pm

HAHA Sounds like I need to un hook my mine for a weekend !
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:21 pm

If you have wheel spacers on the back, or wider wheels, you will be ok in the turns. It will be a little scary at 1st, but you will get used to it. I took it off the 450 I used to have, and it rode alot smoother and didn't lean near as much in the off camber stuff.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:26 pm

Got a 2 day ride this weekend so I'm going to disconnect and just strap it up. See what happens. Thanks Hump !
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Firefighter wrote:
Got a 2 day ride this weekend so I'm going to disconnect and just strap it up. See what happens. Thanks Hump !

Even with wider wheels or spacers, you may want to adjust you shocks up a little.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Good thinkin. I meant to add a little more spring adjustment anyway. Stiffen up the back a little.
I did crawl up a waterfall last weekend and would have been nice to have had a touch more flex.
Back to top Go down
skeeter9

skeeter9

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:23 pm

I'm installing my mid travel and pulled it off so we shall see what she rides like when I get it finished let us know firefighter
Back to top Go down
Yotehunter66
Yotehunter66

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:53 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
So your hooking and unhooking depending on where your going to ride for the weekend?
Back to top Go down
Yotehunter66
Yotehunter66

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Hump wrote:
If you have wheel spacers on the back, or wider wheels, you will be ok in the turns. It will be a little scary at 1st, but you will get used to it. I took it off the 450 I used to have, and it rode alot smoother and didn't lean near as much in the off camber stuff.
I thought they didn't even put them on them anymore. Part of the recall was to remove it wasn't it? I don't even know if mine has the spacers, which was part of the recall too I think. Do the bearings wear faster with the wheel spacers?
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 7:10 pm

it is...if the recall was done it should have....a little
Back to top Go down
Yotehunter66
Yotehunter66

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Huh? I will have to get the serial number off mine and check with the dealer and see if it was ever done.
Back to top Go down
KJrhino

KJrhino

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:57 pm

can some one explain the recall a bit I've had my rhino a while but tore it down to get rid of the bronco clutch when i bought it. sport edition if it makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:10 am

If I understand right, It was a voluntary "fix" by Yamaha. You get rear wheel spacers, factory half doors and they remove rear sway bar.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:14 am

Firefighter wrote:
If I understand right, It was a voluntary "fix" by Yamaha. You get rear wheel spacers, factory half doors and they remove rear sway bar.

That's right.
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:19 am

My 2011 Rhino did not come with a sway bar, neither did the 2012 and the 2013 in our group. I love the articulation for the mud and ruts.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:20 am

Yotehunter66 wrote:
Hump wrote:
I thought they didn't even put them on them anymore. Part of the recall was to remove it wasn't it? I don't even know if mine has the spacers, which was part of the recall too I think. Do the bearings wear faster with the wheel spacers?

Sorry for confusing you. I took it off my 08 450. It had it and no spacers. My 2012 doesn't have one, and it has wheel spacers from the factory. Seems like the spacers would put more load on the bearings. I really like how my sport handles with the rear being just a little wider than the front. It corners great.
Back to top Go down
Yotehunter66
Yotehunter66

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:57 am

I'm just wondering if mine hasn't been done if Yamaha will still do it. Mine has the half-doors but the sway bar is still there. I don't recall if I had spacers or not. I'll have to look.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:47 am

Yotehunter66 wrote:
WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
So your hooking and unhooking depending on where your going to ride for the weekend?

...yep...ride it mostly with the rear unhooked for comfort...faster with it hooked though
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:22 pm

mine is off like the better articulation without it
Back to top Go down
KJrhino

KJrhino

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:09 pm

hmm Ill have to look and see if mine is there it already had half doors? and aftermarket wheel spacers thanks guys..
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:50 pm

Yamaha should through in a saddle horn for the passanger side next to the air box also. Anyone lookin for a sway bar, I've got one you can have. It's your - pay shipping santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Disconnect   Sway Bar Disconnect Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sway Bar Disconnect
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next