HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Vote_lcapClutch cover gasket / o-ring Voting_barClutch cover gasket / o-ring Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Vote_lcapClutch cover gasket / o-ring Voting_barClutch cover gasket / o-ring Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Clutch cover gasket / o-ring

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
4x4ff

4x4ff

Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Empty
PostSubject: Clutch cover gasket / o-ring   Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 5:13 pm

I realize I'm probably preaching to the choir here but I do occasionally ride through water.  Last time I had the crankcase/clutch cover off the o-ring/gasket around it looked pretty smooshed (thats probably not a real word...lol) so I ordered another one from james and OMG what a difference.  I know the o-ring is reuseable but just pointing out what a difference between the old one and the new one.  I feel much better about going through water now.  They really aren't that expensive.

Steve
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Clutch cover gasket / o-ring   Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 5:20 pm

did you slug your wet while you were in there? thinking about doing it, its all I have left besides the motor which aint gonna happen till she blows!
Back to top Go down
4x4ff

4x4ff

PostSubject: Re: Clutch cover gasket / o-ring   Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:45 pm

No, I haven't done that yet.  I replaced my clutch with a slightly used one.  I figure what I'll do is next time I get into it I'll look into slugging.  I'm not a need for speed kinda guy.  I just want reliability.  The P.O. of my rhino had placed a JBS sheave in it.  I just greased it and had to buy the grease cap for the sheave.  Also replaced the belt because I ruined it getting covered in grease from when I didn't have the grease cover on.  Kinda a 'doh' experience.

Steve
Back to top Go down
thekrust

thekrust

PostSubject: Re: Clutch cover gasket / o-ring   Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:11 pm

I did the slug thing for one of my customers, WOW, what a difference. I will be doing my own as soon as I have an excuse to go in there. For sure if you have that open put in the slugs.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Clutch cover gasket / o-ring   Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:44 pm

love my slugs...600 + miles..gonna check it at 1000
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Clutch cover gasket / o-ring   Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:56 am

I'm no mechanic, though have never had any problems with the work I have done on my rhino, so the question is...how difficult is the wet clutch and do I need any special tools or odd socket sizes?
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Clutch cover gasket / o-ring   Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:41 am

If you are just talking about replacing it its not that bad to do and no special tools are needed I just replaced my buddy's wet clutch and one way bearing it took about 2 hrs all together and it was our first time. 
Back to top Go down
4x4ff

4x4ff

PostSubject: Re: Clutch cover gasket / o-ring   Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:28 am

As Trhino said it isn't very tough at all.  Make sure you have a GOOD electric or air impact for the primary and secondary nuts. After you get them off and the clutch cover you will need it again to get another nut off the clutch but remember that one is left hand thread and is punched or dimpled so it won't come off. A copy of the service manual helps just to give you some pointers. Remember to drain the oil before you take the inner clutch cover.  In a 700 it makes it much easier to take the drivers seat mount out to access it easier. 

Steve
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Clutch cover gasket / o-ring   Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:51 pm

cool, next time I open her up to check the primary guess I'll pull the wet clutch and slug it. Hey James, post us a video when you inspect your slugs at 1000 miles, it would help, you got a video for everything else...lol...thx
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Clutch cover gasket / o-ring   Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 3:28 pm

will do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch cover gasket / o-ring   Clutch cover gasket / o-ring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clutch cover gasket / o-ring
Page 1 of 1