HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 37 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 37 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Vote_lcapRhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Voting_barRhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Vote_lcapRhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Voting_barRhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Rhino Comparing....

Go down 
+19
rhino727
KJrhino
chammons
Brian lee Rhino450
madmax 1
Vital
Yotehunter66
thekevin
T.Rhino
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Pokahpolice
Hump
ChrisH
txgrown1404
ASPENDELLROVER
thekrust
banchee6
Wingman
09-rhino700
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KJrhino

KJrhino

Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Comparing....   Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 10:37 pm

09-700 I have an 08 with my mods in sig never raced a rzr but my Ron woods exhaust is pretty quiet I posted a vid a while back and quite was important to me because of where we ride and my two kids it doesn't bother my 1 yr old or my 4 yr old or the wife
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Comparing....   Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:48 pm

if you want to run with them rzr's , stroke it , bore it , port it , cam it, header & muffler ,JBS HOTROD sheave , an enjoy playing with them
Back to top Go down
Brian lee Rhino450

Brian lee Rhino450

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Comparing....   Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:05 am

To me the rhino is like a 70's shovelhead. Never gonna b the fastest or the most comfortable, but man does it have soul. The rzrs are more like the 10 foot choppers with car tires out back, just another fad
Back to top Go down
09-rhino700

09-rhino700

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Comparing....   Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:09 am

thanks for all the input fellas,  keep it comin
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Comparing....   Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:39 am

Amen!
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Comparing....   Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:41 am

undefined wrote:
chammons wrote:
I have seen fortunes sunk into a RZR on repairs and mods..  and, you still can't haul a dead deer with it. Amen!
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Comparing....   Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:49 am

Ok, let me clarify one more time.  I had a rzr s, now have a rhino again.  I don't care what sxs is the fastest, or which one is the fastest after being "built".  My previous post was to answer the question as to what it takes to run with the stock rzr s.  The reason I went back to a rhino is due to maintenance/money to keep them running.  I really like my rzr alot until it started nickel and dimeing me to death, and was broke every time I wanted to ride.  I have 830 very abusive miles on my rhino right now, and the only problem I have is a bad outer cv joint in the rear.  Balljoints, tierod ends, bushings, everything is tight and like new.  Every single suspension part was total junk on the rzr at that milege, and the bushings usually stayed tight for 2-300 miles, that's it.  I went from loving that thing to hating it more than anything I've ever owned.  So, since my old 450 was much more reliable, and James smoked my ass in my rzr with his rhino, I decided it was time to have a 700 rhino with enough mods to get somewhere near the performance of the rzr.  I didn't care if it would run right with one, I just wanted that feel as far as power was concerned.  It's not a competition for me, and I don't need to outrun anyone.  I do like me some power though, and will be looking for more when the engine dies.

I get home after 3 rides and clean my rhino, check the oil, and spread some armour-all while having a few beers.  Used to get home with the rzr after 3 hard rides and do bushings and a $40 air filter so the engine wouldn't blow, and be pissed off doing it.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Comparing....   Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:53 am

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
isn't it like 2am back there Steve, lay off the Mtn Dew...lol

Night shift = life begins at 2am. LOL Looks like you busted me. Yeah, the party was on.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Comparing....   Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:08 am

Hump wrote:
Ok, let me clarify one more time.  I had a rzr s, now have a rhino again.  I don't care what sxs is the fastest, or which one is the fastest after being "built".  My previous post was to answer the question as to what it takes to run with the stock rzr s.  The reason I went back to a rhino is due to maintenance/money to keep them running.  I really like my rzr alot until it started nickel and dimeing me to death, and was broke every time I wanted to ride.  I have 830 very abusive miles on my rhino right now, and the only problem I have is a bad outer cv joint in the rear.  Balljoints, tierod ends, bushings, everything is tight and like new.  Every single suspension part was total junk on the rzr at that milege, and the bushings usually stayed tight for 2-300 miles, that's it.  I went from loving that thing to hating it more than anything I've ever owned.  So, since my old 450 was much more reliable, and James smoked my ass in my rzr with his rhino, I decided it was time to have a 700 rhino with enough mods to get somewhere near the performance of the rzr.  I didn't care if it would run right with one, I just wanted that feel as far as power was concerned.  It's not a competition for me, and I don't need to outrun anyone.  I do like me some power though, and will be looking for more when the engine dies.

I get home after 3 rides and clean my rhino, check the oil, and spread some armour-all while having a few beers.  Used to get home with the rzr after 3 hard rides and do bushings and a $40 air filter so the engine wouldn't blow, and be pissed off doing it.

That is EXACTLY where i am with mine.....its tough and easy to maintain.  Im not racing anyone but i DO want more power.  Im thinking i just need to start sinking money into my motor and go after it that way.  I also need some good shocks but I would really like to have the power first.  I just need to win the lottery so i can buy the old girl everything she needs lol!
Back to top Go down
Guenther

Guenther

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Comparing....   Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:05 pm

In comparing the two I have to say the rhino handles much better in the Adirondack mountains than a rzr.  The trails here are everything from old open logging roads, to tight woods, tight rocks, hills mud streams and everything in between.  I bought my 08 Rhino 700 last year after a friend let me borrow his for a few rides.  I lucked out in that it is has a lot of mods already done and was under 8 grand with only 791 miles on it.  I have ridden with many other machines, rzr's commanders, arctic cat, polaris etc..  and it is true that I can get beat on straight aways, open areas etc... but in the tight rocky, tree'd, muddy, funky shit I rip through like nobodies business.  I abuse it, wash it and she likes it. Twisted Evil

The only issue I have had with my rhino is a few wheel bearings, tie rod ends, and bushings on one side, most of this was my own fault for not checking tightness on areas and just continuing to abuse it.  I overheated once because I rode in too much mud for a few days without cleaning her.  That being said  I wouldn't trade it for anything.  My buddy has a brand new commander 1000 and already has broken parts, same with another guys year old rzr.

I do wish for more power, am in the 50's for speed and will continue to modify it till it reaches the status of Hotrod's but I just don't have the money for all that right now. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Rhinofire13

Rhinofire13

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Comparing....   Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:41 pm

Keven
  Just curious do you have a New York registration on your rhino.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Comparing....   Rhino  Comparing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rhino Comparing....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2