HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 43 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 43 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Which gauge are you using? Vote_lcapWhich gauge are you using? Voting_barWhich gauge are you using? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Which gauge are you using? Vote_lcapWhich gauge are you using? Voting_barWhich gauge are you using? Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Which gauge are you using?

Go down 
+5
T.Rhino
madmax 1
foyota86
wolverine34
chuddly
9 posters
AuthorMessage
chuddly

chuddly

Which gauge are you using? Empty
PostSubject: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 8:01 am

Im going to put some gauges in the rino (i have nothing but the idiot lights right now).  I really want fuel, temp, and volts and dont want to break the bank on the gauges.  What are you guys using?
Back to top Go down
wolverine34

wolverine34

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 5:22 pm

glowshift makes some sweet gauges.
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 6:51 pm

I have Equus volt, oil, water, and just ordered the 8068 tach. Had them less than a week and my diff case cracked, but what I saw so far, good gauges for the money. I think around 50 for the 3 pack and a few more bills at Lowes for fittings. If I had it to do over, probably go with glowshift. I really like the way the look. Pay attention on if they are mechanical or electric.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:55 pm

i'm runnin an equus tach, autometer volt and water temp gauges and innovate afm
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 8:01 pm

I use auto-meter from Orallys auto parts.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 8:15 pm

My biggest and baddest gauge is from Polaris!  sunny

Which gauge are you using? Overdashmtg1
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Steve, where did you say a good spot is tie into a switched 12v for a wiring block/harness?
Back to top Go down
TBOMB

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:00 pm

I used the hot lead off of the cigarette lighter/ aux D.C. jack for mine but 
Steve may have an easier spot to use.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:15 pm

foyota86 wrote:
Steve, where did you say a good spot is tie into a switched 12v for a wiring block/harness?

I go with TBOMB's suggestion of the accessories jack, as it is easy to find, if nothing else. It is wire sized and fused for 10 Amps. It's a pink wire if I am remembering correctly. This is for powering the relay coil built into the wiring block, right?

If not, post back, as you will need to get power to go to your heavy load directly from the battery and switch it on/off with a heavy duty relay.
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:46 pm

Yes it is a block. What I might do is use a relay to power the block (then I can use a higher amp fuse per the accessory I may wire) and switch on with the accessory wire. What do you think? Trying to use what I have lying around...
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:47 pm

Duh, I did not read your post closely!
Back to top Go down
TBOMB

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:58 pm

Willy,
   I'm confused. Does your power distribution block have a relay attached to it. If so, you can power the relay with a low current wiring source (AUX jack) and all of your other wires will be connected to the high current side of the relay. If it is not set up this way, then Steve is right and you will need to add a relay.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 10:02 pm

foyota86 wrote:
Duh, I did not read your post closely!
OK, from your comments, I'm assuming that you have a simple fuse block. It takes power in on one end and diligently splits it into multiple branches that are individually fused?

If that is the case then simply powering it with a 10A service gives you 10A total to be split up into small bite sized portions. 2x 5A branches, or 4x 2.5A branches, or.... and so forth.

I'm taking it that you have some 12 Volt coil relays laying around in your goody box? If so, what is the current rating of the contacts?
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 10:13 pm

Yes on splitting. I have a 30 amp and I believe a 40 amp relay. One hot into block (which would be off the relay), 6 fused ATC spots, and grounds to the frame. As long as I keep the total below the relay amperage I will be ok, correct?
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 10:32 pm

foyota86 wrote:
Yes on splitting. I have a 30 amp and I believe a 40 amp relay. One hot into block (which would be off the relay), 6 fused ATC spots, and grounds to the frame. As long as I keep the total below the relay amperage I will be ok, correct?
Yes, within the relay's Amp rating for the total load. The fuse block will also have an Amp rating, having to do with the beefyness of the conductors, they are usually rated for 40A from my limited experience. You will also want a single fuse or circuit breaker between the battery and the relay, rated at the relay's current rating. That allows you to safely exceed the total rating, with the arithmetric sum of your individual fusings, as long as you don't have then all running full tilt at the same time. This is a pretty common real world situation.

That 40A relay along with a 40A self-resetting circuit breaker would probably be the cat's meow for you.
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:07 pm

TBOMB wrote:
Willy,
   I'm confused. Does your power distribution block have a relay attached to it. If so, you can power the relay with a low current wiring source (AUX jack) and all of your other wires will be connected to the high current side of the relay. If it is not set up this way, then Steve is right and you will need to add a relay.

No relay attached. I am what you might call rigging ( I would say the N word, but might offend someone) my block with parts I have around from past projects. Going cheap basically!
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 11:57 am

LOL...this thread hijack is AMAZING!  Its cool though guys no big deal.  Good luck searching for it later though.  

I did however just order the Equus gauges (temp and volt) and i ordered a separate kit for the fuel with a sending unit.  It doesnt have a float and works off of capacitive touch.  We will see how that works.  Now i just need to get the housing that hold the temp sensor and the sensor its self....anyone know the hose size or a cheap housing and sensor?
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:34 pm

chuddly wrote:
LOL...this thread hijack is AMAZING!  Its cool though guys no big deal.  Good luck searching for it later though.  

I did however just order the Equus gauges (temp and volt) and i ordered a separate kit for the fuel with a sending unit.  It doesnt have a float and works off of capacitive touch.  We will see how that works.  Now i just need to get the housing that hold the temp sensor and the sensor its self....anyone know the hose size or a cheap housing and sensor?

Oh, heck with searching. Just start from scratch with each question, eh? I find the regular site search engine a bit lacking anyway, or maybe I don't know how to set the search parameters very well.

You are after a tee fitting for your water line? If I recall correctly, 3/4" (19mm) is the ID of the hose, but double check to be sure. You can cobble it up out of hardware store brass, but it will probably end up being restrictive to your water flow. The best bet is to go with a fitting that has been made specifically for the task. Beware; if it has been anodized, you will need to pay special attention to getting the sender grounded properly. If the fitting has not been anodized then you will likely have a small tapped hole on the fitting that you can run a ground wire from. If this is the situation for you, beware of using teflon tape to seal the pipe thread; it will likely insulate the sensor from the body of the fitting. If it is anodized or there is no grounding provision, one approach is to use a large i.d. ring terminal that fits over the pipe thread and sandwich it between the sensor and fitting. You will likely need to add/subtract washers to the stack such that the stack is clamped up tight just as the pipe thread is as tight as it should be. This ring terminal is then in good electrical contact with the sensor body and serves as your electrical connection for the grounding.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:05 pm

Oh now were back on topic LOL.

Thanks for the heads up Steve.  I will just find the correct thing and get it ordered in.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:31 pm

autometer part #2281 from summit is the T for 3/4 hose it's about 22.00 bucks
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:45 pm

i have autometers
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:30 pm

Glowshift are in my future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which gauge are you using?   Which gauge are you using? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which gauge are you using?
Page 1 of 1