HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
I got questions.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
I got questions.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
I got questions.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
I got questions.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
I got questions.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
I got questions.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
I got questions.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
I got questions.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
I got questions.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
I got questions.... Vote_lcapI got questions.... Voting_barI got questions.... Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
I got questions.... Vote_lcapI got questions.... Voting_barI got questions.... Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I got questions....

Go down 
+5
WV Hot Rod Rhino
scottwv
123.bert0621
SteveS
Unit6666
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Unit6666

I got questions.... Empty
PostSubject: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:43 pm

Ok.. Soo... I went for a ride today it was about 90 out and the heat light came on...never done this before... Only thing I did to the rhino new was installed a front bash plate thing .... Well it seems that the bash plate was blocking enough air for the rhino to not cool enough... I took it off and it didn't do it again ...

So I ask should something in front of the bumper cause this much of an issue??

Furthermore I'm pretty sure my fan cycles right but what I don't get is the need for that stupid thermo breaker thing in that pouch behind the battery.. I mean why not just cut that pouch thing out and wire direct??

O and my rhino sometime backfires on decel not all the time but enough.. Now I've checked the exhaust I can't seem to find any leaks if put my hand all around the exhaust and can't feel any exhaust puffs.. And visually it looks ok I mean I know stock 06 exhaust is a joke but this one seem ok...

Is there any truth at all to higher octane gas helping this?? I understand ho octane woks so i have no idea why this would have any truth yet I read it over and over...

Uhhhggg this is turning into rambling... I also think an exhaust backfire could be from a rich condition... Or lean I've heard both so I'm so confused.. The Internet would be great if people actually knew facts before they write things I tend to believe.

How worth it is it to buy aFan shroud??

I think I've said enough now... Well besides the overheat and a couple backfires had a sweet day.out here up north in Maine think put on 90ish miles...

I just wanna get my rig correct I wanna enjoy it not worry about it working properly..

Thank you for any input you guys have.... Ooh and I just stuck 26 inch maxxis 4 speed tires on it before this ride and it was sweeeettt..... I got them all four tires from rocky mtn atv for 249 free shipping... Rediculous deal...
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Unit6666 wrote:
............  Furthermore I'm pretty sure my fan cycles right but what I don't get is the need for that stupid thermo breaker thing in that pouch behind the battery.. I mean why not just cut that pouch thing out and wire direct??  ..............
It is never a good idea to bypass a 'fuse' in an electrical circuit. Pennies in the fusebox have caused a lot of house fires, in the olden days. On a 660 your best bet is to replace the stock thermal breaker with a 8 Amp ATC self resetting circuit breaker with the stock fan motor (you may need to try a 10 Amp breaker if it pops off when it shouldn't). It will protect your wiring should anything short out in that circuit. It will also protect the motor from burning up should anything stall the fan blade (sticks have been known to jam in there).

The 700 has a real fuse in the circuit to protect the wiring, so bypassing the thermal breaker will only expose you to the risk of the fan stalling and burning up the motor.

I got questions.... Autoresetcktbrkr
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:09 pm

You got answers,great advise.Do not forget to wash,the radiator I mean even if it looks clean.
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:37 am

The splash sheilds help out a bunch on keeping your radiator clean !!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:25 am

clean the radiator good and the fan can get weak
Back to top Go down
honda450sfm

honda450sfm

PostSubject: Re: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:57 am

Was your fan running when the heat light was on?  The usual thing is a rad looks clean but isn't actually clean. Could also be your water pump. Check it for leaks..passenger side where lower hose goes into the engine.
Back to top Go down
Unit6666

PostSubject: Re: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:32 pm

The fan was running whole time light was on....fan actually feels strong it pulls a lot of air... Only thing I did was put on a new brush guard bash plate thing.. After removal it seemed fine.

I might get a fan switch and gauge I dunno I would really like to clear up this backfire.. Was gonna try higher octane first.. Easiest fix if it works.. Then I get the air mixture screw I dunno where it is? Then would be valves I guess which I hear is easy but I'm not educated at all about inner engine things.

I really love my rhino but omg does it have a lot of gremlins.. What's insane is I have way less problems with my rzr 570.. It's newer obviously but almost same miles..
Back to top Go down
honda450sfm

honda450sfm

PostSubject: Re: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:41 pm

Putting on just a splashguard shouldn't restrict The air to the point where you will be overheating. I've got my rad mounted up flat underneath the hood and it hardly sees any air flow. The fan runs more often but it definitely doesn't overheat because the rad is perfectly clean through its entire surface. 
Right where the fan mounts on the rad is usually dirty all the time. Only way to clean this is Fan removal
Back to top Go down
Unit6666

PostSubject: Re: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 2:40 pm

I was looking at it today... couldnt I put maybe some spacers behind the oil cooler bolts to get it a little further from the rad so i could maybe clean it better... i'm probably gonna order a shroud today..

I'm gonna attempt the air fuel screw under the carb the one you have to drill out... heard i should go 2 turns out on it..

also how hard is it to unhook the throttle cable without messing up the adjustment..

I wanna be able to unhook the carb boots and then the cable so i can turn it over enough to get that plug drilled out.

My questions never end... I also have an after market axle on the rear with a ripped boot(of course) and the boot on it is pretty weird looking... was wondering have any of you guy put a boot on that wasnt the right length on and just put the boot band on past the groove that it belongs in?? Seems like it could be ok if the band was snug enough and it would be on the axle end that aims up so grease would be kept down by gravity mostly I dunno...
Back to top Go down
Unit6666

PostSubject: Re: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 2:01 pm

So I finally took my carb off... and behold someone already drilled out the A/F.. wouldn't you know that damn screw was out like 5 turns....So i stuck it at 2.5 out seemed to idle way better and start better... couldn't get it to backfire but couldnt test it fully in my culdesac at 9pm...
Back to top Go down
09-rhino700

09-rhino700

PostSubject: Re: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 2:23 pm

if you  were aspendell you would have to get a permit just to look at your rhino....... Lol
Back to top Go down
Unit6666

PostSubject: Re: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 2:39 pm

well....I live in a retirement community which is kinda nuts considering I'm only 35 but I got a good deal on the house... probably full of ghosts... needless to say going up and down the road at 9pm actually trying to make my rhino backfire actually made me grin a bit when i parked it... hehehe
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 3:03 pm

Unit6666 wrote:
well....I live in a retirement community which is kinda nuts considering I'm only 35 but I got a good deal on the house... probably full of ghosts... 

That was funny right there!
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 6:14 pm

so you live in "Heavens waiting room"...lol
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 6:17 pm

You don't have far to go,very convenient.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got questions....   I got questions.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got questions....
Page 1 of 1