HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 36 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 36 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Damn Detent Ball Vote_lcapDamn Detent Ball Voting_barDamn Detent Ball Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Damn Detent Ball

Go down 
+2
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Quadog
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Quadog

Quadog

Damn Detent Ball Empty
PostSubject: Damn Detent Ball   Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:07 pm

I got my engine back together after a reverse gear upgrade & noticed that the damn little detent ball on the shift drum is missing...affraid Tried shaking engine upside down (you shoulda seen that)  but still no avail.  dammit man.  Magnet probing produced the detent spring from inside the engine so I guess i'll have to take the s.o.b. back apart  again to see if it is in there .  SUX!!!Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Quadog

Quadog

Damn Detent Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Detent Ball   Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:14 pm

By the way James, I still got your 20oz. OD weights. Haven't been used. I'll send them back to you or any address you want if somebody wants to pay you for them.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

Damn Detent Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Detent Ball   Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:25 pm

just send them back here and i will pay you for it or credit...that sux!!
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

Damn Detent Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Detent Ball   Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:47 pm

well that just sux.
did you check down around the oil drain plug? you might get lucky drainin the oil.
at least it's been good bike ridin' weather. how's the glide runnin'?
Back to top Go down
Quadog

Quadog

Damn Detent Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Detent Ball   Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:07 pm

James, you don't owe for the weights, you sent them to me to use till my 16s came in, ( BTW guys, How many places ya know of that will do that? I didn't even ask for them.)  but my reverse went out before I put them in & I have been neglecting the ol Rhino ever since I got the Harley. I started working on it again last week & came across the 2 sets of weights & I need to send the 20s back to you.

Denny, the glide runs so good that I haven't put the rhino back together yet. LOL. I've put 7000 miles on it already & I just got it in May.  Took a couple weeks vacation & rode over to the Outer Banks. Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Hatteras & such. Right on down the East coast. That was a couple thousand miles.  Done 950 miles one day... that was too much, Can you say sore ass? 
 I haven't put any oil in the Rhino since putting it back together & I don't hear anything shaking around inside the engine when I shake the engine around but if I don't take it back apart & look for it I know it will be in there. I've got the side covers off and I stuck a magnet in there & pulled out the little spring that keeps tension on the ball so..... back apart it comes. Not really a big deal, I just have to get over the initial cussing stage & face it.
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

Damn Detent Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Detent Ball   Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:50 pm

Dang man hate to hear that...I hate doing things twice too...been there before!!
Back to top Go down
Wingman

Damn Detent Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Detent Ball   Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:52 pm

If you rode to the Outer Banks on a Harley ..... I am sure I heard you go by the house!! Hopefully you were entering or leaving on a Saturday. The traffic is bad enough during the week but real bad on the weekends.
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

Damn Detent Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Detent Ball   Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:33 pm

Great riding in south Carolina for sure,before I got into riding in w.v. with the rhino, I had a 2002 ultraglide and had a great time riding, until on 2 separate occaisions with my son riding with me I had 2 people pull out in front of me like I was not even there,and about layed it down in the street with my boy on the back of my Harley..i decided to get rid of it and then in 2007 got my rhino and got my son a 4 wheeler and started riding in w.v. and have not looked back,i love Harleys but there are a lot of people on the road that don't know how to drive,in the woods u don't have to worry about a tree pulling out in front of u...lol
Back to top Go down
Gyrene

Gyrene

Damn Detent Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Detent Ball   Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:13 pm

Dang it man.....  That's a tough break...

Good luck getting er redone!!!
Back to top Go down
Quadog

Quadog

Damn Detent Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Detent Ball   Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:13 am

Hey Wingman, Kitty Hawk has got be a cool place to live. We stayed there at the Holiday Inn Express 2 nights. We stayed at Virginia Beach Sat & Sun & then went to Kitty Hawk Mon & Tues.  I had heard about the rush of traffic on saturdays. We stayed in Hatteras too. Just rode around & explored from Corolla to Ocracoke island. The ferry rides get too long to go any further. The only real traffic jam was when we were getting the ferry back from Ocracoke Island. Great riding & lots of good seafood. I like the secluded beaches of the Outer Banks way better than the commercialized ones like Virginia Beach.
Back to top Go down
Wingman

Damn Detent Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Detent Ball   Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:31 pm

Saturdays is like the march of the penguins. 250,000+ people leave by noon and their replacement shows up by 6pm. Another month and things will slow down once schools open back up.
Back to top Go down
Quadog

Quadog

Damn Detent Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Detent Ball   Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Yet it still seems like a well kept secret when you have a whole beach as far as you can see both ways to yourself. Especially when going there from Virginia Beach or Murtle Beach or somewhere like that. Especially down near Hatteras.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Damn Detent Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Detent Ball   Damn Detent Ball Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Damn Detent Ball
Page 1 of 1