HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Vote_lcapOD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Voting_barOD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Vote_lcapOD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Voting_barOD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nestle105

OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Empty
PostSubject: OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch   OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:41 pm

I am looking for some input/ info in regards for all 3 of these weights.

I originally had 18g greasless rollers and a gold secondary in my 2011 700 (Qlink) and it worked good. My wet clutch went bad so when I replaced it and slugged the wet clutch with a purchased kit (35g total). At the same time I machined my primary to JBS spec and added 18g (total with covers) OD weights. I got it all back together and it does not have the low end or pull through mid range that it did with my original setup. It does have decent top end but struggles getting there. I am unsure if it was switching to OD weights or slugging the wet clutch that effected it. I did not grease the OD weights and am unsure if that would make that much of a difference anyways.

So last night I took my 18g (total with covers) rollers and turned the inside down until they were all 16.5g. I greased and installed the weights and now it is very strong off the bottom and through mid range but it only turns 45mph and  bounces off the rev limiter @ 6k (the Qlinks do not have a speed limiter). My original setup would turn 5.8k @ 54mph (gps).

What do you guys think made it so sluggish, the OD weights or slugging the wet clutch?

How do 18g OD weights compare to 18g roller weights through the entire shift?

Tonight, I am going to try my stock 18g rollers just to see if there is a difference between the OD and roller weights.

I don't know if going to 16g OD weights would be better or would still hit the rev limiter?

Any info would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch   OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 6:31 pm

what size tires..ODs perform the best
Back to top Go down
nestle105

PostSubject: Re: OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch   OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:49 pm

Just stock 25". I put the OD's in with grease this time. That was the difference. Greaseless weights definitely still need grease! 

I would like to get some anti friction secondary washers from you. Which is the best number to reach you at? I tried calling both today without an answer.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch   OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 10:11 pm

did you check that the belt is traveling all the way , don't see why your hitting the riv limiter . sure the primary is wright ?
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch   OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 11:01 pm

nestle105 wrote:
Just stock 25". I put the OD's in with grease this time. That was the difference. Greaseless weights definitely still need grease! 

I would like to get some anti friction secondary washers from you. Which is the best number to reach you at? I tried calling both today without an answer.

Thanks!
I was at James house today and he said he was up till real late outing my motor together so I could pick it up today.  And he was leaving as soon as I left to go map out the trails for the hhr ride.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
nestle105

PostSubject: Re: OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch   OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 12:06 am

Yes the clutch is right. I just cannot run 16g weights with a gold secondary. I put the 18g OD weights in with grease and got my bottom end back and no more rev limiter. I can't believe the difference with and without grease.

I will try and get a hold of James next week. No rush.
Back to top Go down
nestle105

PostSubject: Re: OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch   OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:25 am

The the primary clutch is definitely fully shifting out. I ran magic marker all the way up the sheave and did a wot run. It took the marker completely off. I jacked it up and ran it with cover off just to make sure and the belt goes all the way to the top at wot.
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch   OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:55 am

flimmy wrote:
nestle105 wrote:

Thanks!
I was at James house today and he said he was up till real late outing my motor together so I could pick it up today.  And he was leaving as soon as I left to go map out the trails for the hhr ride.
Sounds GREAT..bet your pumped to get that motor back in!!and James is out riding the trails AGAIN!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch   OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OD weights vs Roller weights vs slugged wet clutch
Page 1 of 1