HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Vote_lcapJBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Voting_barJBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Vote_lcapJBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Voting_barJBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s

Go down 
+2
ASPENDELLROVER
bl8tant
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bl8tant

JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Empty
PostSubject: JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s   JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:00 am

Installed Thursday and finally got a chance to try it out today.  I bought this 08 700 Rhino used a few weeks ago.  I am new to the Rhino so I had a couple questions:

1) When I first bought it, top speed was about 26-30mph.  That didn't seem right, so I talked to JBS (THANKS James!).  So I installed the JBS sheave, OD weights,anti-friction washers, and a new yamaha belt.  Today, In a level field I was able to hit 36 before I had to slow down.  So I took it out on a quiet paved road....I was able to hit 49mph going downhill then the rev limiter kicked in.  Does that seem like a reasonable top speed for the mods I've done ???

2) I LOVE the bottom end with the new sheave and engine braking is WAY better.  I guess there's no question here, just a happy observation.

3) I installed new front wheel bearings, and then took the front gearbox back to the dealer where I bought it to get all new bearings put in.  Turns out it maybe didn't need them (the right side axle still has some up and down play where it enters the gearbox).  Has anyone else ever noticed that there is some play in their gearbox where the axle enters??  I know they did the bearings cause I talked to the tech and he showed me the bearings that came out (which looked fine). 

4) Are all rhinos this noisy ? Very Happy 

Like everyone says...James and Nikki were great to deal with and it was nice to meet them in person.  Very happy with all the aprts I got from them. 

James - Thanks for the stickers and can cozy !  Now you just need to start selling T-shirts  (my neighbor has a heat press and makes custom shirts/hats if you need a "local" source.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s   JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 2:35 am

what size are your wheels and tires? do you have a windshield? mine only does 51 but its a slow stocker..lol
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s   JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 10:25 am

YES , they are all this noisy...now ya havta do some type of stereo and amp install , so you can "drown-out" the bike noise with tunes !!  You are right where you should be as far as your top speed is concerned...I think mine would do 48/49 on the level , before the msd .  Being "local" to the JBS compound ,  is kinda a "blessed-curse"...you've only begun to spend $$ ...lol!

btw...Welcome to the forum !!!
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s   JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:54 pm

Scott is rite once you get start you just can't stop. And James & Nikki being so nice just makes it easier to come addicted. Lol. 
Back to top Go down
ooben

ooben

PostSubject: Re: JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s   JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 1:12 pm

" Has anyone else ever noticed that there is some play in their gearbox where the axle enters??"

Is this what you are seeing?

Right axle wobble

"I know they did the bearings cause I talked to the tech and he showed me the bearings that came out (which looked fine). "

Did the bearings they showed you look like #15 and #14? I ask because there is another bearing located in the housing #8 that actually supports the right axle. As far as I can tell, that bearing can't be replaced because a shaft is peened into the housing that is in the way of getting the bearing out. I think you have to replace the whole housing.....

JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s FrontDiff
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s   JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 5:43 pm

190.00 to get that one...i have one
Back to top Go down
bl8tant

PostSubject: Re: JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s   JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 11:25 pm

I'm not sure as I just gave them a quick glance.  If that other bearing is that expensive and hard to replace, I can guarantee they didn't do that one. The kit they installed was only like $70. The axle still has the same small amount of play as before, but at this point I think I'm just going to ride it and wait.....

I've done a lot of wrenching on the thing already and my other projects are eating up all my time.

Thanks for making me aware of the "mystery" bearing.  At least when I decide to go back and redo their work I can go ahead and get the bearing and have it on hand.
Back to top Go down
ooben

ooben

PostSubject: Re: JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s   JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 3:31 pm

I don't think you can get just the bearing, I think you have to replace the whole housing. When I had my front end apart I could see a shaft that carries the 4WH drive locking lugs? that is peened into the housing, not sure if you could get that out without destroying the housing.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s   JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JBS sheave and OD weights installed ! Couple ???s
Page 1 of 1